DIY BKT review thread!

BC2/4/06

Okay, I took the plunge and ordered two oz of QOD Gold from Ebay.

I am 4b 100% natural. My desired result is healthy hair that is easy to comb and wear in wash and go's. I have split ends that I will trim post treatment and want to see whether this will help to keep the damage from returning. Also I probably will not straighten my hair again after the initial flat iron.
This is my plan:

Deep condition hair twice before treatment arrives. It may arrive Friday.

Clarify three times with Suave Clarifying Shampoo.

Let airdry 75%.

Blow dry hair.

Apply treatment.

Wait 20 mins.

Blowdry.

Flatiron.

I dont plan to wait the whole four days before washing because I dont want straight hair.

Thoughts? suggestions? Thanks!

luvn_life

I bought mines today too... I paid for Priority Shipping So mine will get here Wednesday or Thursday. I am so excited... That seems like a good plan. Are you deep conditioning with protein??

Dak

I'm not familiar with Suave Clarifying Shampoo, when I bought from ebay the seller included shampoo which was really good at stripping everything out of my hair. Deep conditioning before you do the treatment is a good idea, it might help with detangling.

That's the biggest challenge, having hair stripped of any oils & conditioners and having it comb-able and dry. I think the next time I try it I will shampoo and dry it in sections.

Finding a shampoo for after the treatment w/o sulfates & sodium chloride isn't easy, you might want to research what you're going to use now while you're waiting for your product to come.

Good luck! Be sure and take pictures!

healthytext

Well, I use the same stuff that I was using before:

Creme of Nature shampoo

One of the following protein treatments:
Joico K-PAK Reconstructor
ApHogee-Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor

One/two of the following conditioners:
GVP Conditioning Balm
BPT Wheat Germ
Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrator

Leave-ins:
Redken Real Control Crema Care
Joico K-PAK Reconstruct Leave-In Protectant
GVP Silk Remedy

Ruchita Ayurveda

Good luck, ladies ! I ordered Gobal Keratin 2% from eBay over a month ago and I am still so thrilled with the results ! My hair is so easy to care for and I have greater versatility with styling. I may use this the rest of my life !

laurend

Okay, I took the plunge and ordered two oz of QOD Gold from Ebay.

I am 4b 100% natural. My desired result is healthy hair that is easy to comb and wear in wash and go's. I have split ends that I will trim post treatment and want to see whether this will help to keep the damage from returning. Also I probably will not straighten my hair again after the initial flat iron.
This is my plan:

Deep condition hair twice before treatment arrives. It may arrive Friday.

Clarify three times with Suave Clarifying Shampoo.

Let airdry 75%.

Blow dry hair.

Apply treatment.

Wait 20 mins.

Blowdry.

Flatiron.

I dont plan to wait the whole four days before washing because I dont want straight hair.

Thoughts? suggestions? Thanks!

My girlfriend wants to do this also but she's not a member. She was wondering after doing the BKT, will her hair be still kinky? She has 4a and 4b hair and she doesn't want to wear her hair straight, she just wants to take out some of the kinks. I told her I would ask because I don't know the answer.

yuriko

I think you should wait four days, most of the people on this board who waited 4 days didn't come out with straight hair. It only loosens the curl

lux10023

just wanted to add
that BKT is sold at the beauty supply shop in harlem across the street from the state building