Do spirits attatch themselves to "things"?

Minx

I mean people's personal belongings?

For example,
Let's say you bought something used or were given it for free, like furniture, and you know for a fact that the person who owned it is not saved, may even be an atheist.

Should you pray over the stuff they give you once you have it in your home?

Or would you say that's being paranoid; there's no way spirits can attatch themselves to "things."

Thanks,

dk

mrselle

I don't have a good answer, but I am curious to hear what others have to say. I've always prayed over any place I've lived before moving in and I know that sometimes when a person with a bad spirit on them comes into a person's home sometimes that spirit will stay even after the person is gone, but as far as things...I don't know.

trini_rican

:yep: They do. How do you think houses become haunted? The same applies to personal belongings down to jewelry. Did you see the movie Stigmata? In the movie a girl's mom gives her an ancient crucifix that belonged to a deceased catholic priest. He had been a devote christian and dedicated his life to the priesthood - he was almost a saint. Well the girl was the exact opposite but when she wore the cross she was possessed by him and was granted the "gifts" of the stigmata - not pleasant, it's basically wounds in your palms and feet that bleed - like Christ's from being on the cross, the slashes across his back - given to Christ by the soldiers, the crown of thorns, etc.

Minx

Wow.

Okay then, that's kinda what I thought, that it is possible...........

So, any specific prayers to say?

Also, do I need to place my hands on the object(s) or not?

Thanks,
dk

EbonyEyes

I was having a discussion with my mother about this a couple days ago. She makes it a point to pray over things that she lets in her house and she does not just let any kind of object in the house.

I personally believe that spirits or a spiritual power can be attached to things.

Look at Acts 19:11-12

"And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them."

Minx

I was having a discussion with my mother about this a couple days ago. She makes it a point to pray over things that she lets in her house and she does not just let any kind of object in the house.

I personally believe that spirits or a spiritual power can be attached to things.

Look at Acts 19:11-12

"And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them."

Thank you.

That's all I needed to know.

God bless,
dk

chicacanella

:yep: They do. How do you think houses become haunted? The same applies to personal belongings down to jewelry. Did you see the movie Stigmata? In the movie a girl's mom gives her an ancient crucifix that belonged to a deceased catholic priest. He had been a devote christian and dedicated his life to the priesthood - he was almost a saint. Well the girl was the exact opposite but when she wore the cross she was possessed by him and was granted the "gifts" of the stigmata - not pleasant, it's basically wounds in your palms and feet that bleed - like Christ's from being on the cross, the slashes across his back - given to Christ by the soldiers, the crown of thorns, etc.

As Christians, we should be guraded at all times. I believe we should be properly equipped for spiritual warfare but many times, Hollywood is not going to help us do that. The movies they make are twisted in a way to appear to be a true or good representation of Christianity but are not. I didn't go to see Stigmata because I didn't believe it was biblically based and didn't glorify God.

springbreeze

I mean people's personal belongings?

For example,
Let's say you bought something used or were given it for free, like furniture, and you know for a fact that the person who owned it is not saved, may even be an atheist.

Should you pray over the stuff they give you once you have it in your home?

Or would you say that's being paranoid; there's no way spirits can attatch themselves to "things."

Thanks,

dk

no your not being paranoid i always pray over my things expecially things that have been given to me or things i buy off ebay, thrift shops..ect,ect

i plead the blood of Jesus over my home and everything in my home expecially electronics, cell phones, telephones, jewerly that has been given to me or bought used.........below is a prayer.... you can the things you have and/or that you want to pray over

also try PM Shimmie i'am sure she can help you:yep:

Heavenly Father, I bow and worship and praise before you and i apply the Blood of Jesus Christ over myself from the top of my head to the sole of my feet, i apply the blood of Jesus over the airways that sourround me, over and under me, over telephone lines,over my home, properties, offices, cars, trucks, businesses, finances, marriage,ministries,cell phones frequencies, and i ask you to render powerless and harmless and nullify the power, destroy the power, cancel the power of any evil spirit, demonic spirit, demonic strongman, messenger of satan and witchcraft prayer that tries to come into my presence, my home, everthing in my home, my pets, my properties ,my car, my truck, everythhing in my car and truck, my marriage, my ministry, my telephone lines, my telephone frequencies..in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth ... Amen

PaperClip

And to piggyback on what others have said about praying over things....

this is a hair board, yes? For those of us who were "hair enhancements", esp. human hair, you should DEFINITELY pray over those items to break off any negative/harmful spirits that were attached to the origin.

The spirit doesn't attach to things, but to the PEOPLE who associate/in contact with those items. Every spirit (including the Holy Spirit) needs a body to live in to operate on this planet. It is "illegal" to be on this planet without a body. The DIFFERENCE between the Holy Spirit and these other spirits is that the Holy Spirit is a gentleman; He will not force Himself upon anyone. These other spirits (anything other than the Holy Spirit, those spirits whose father is the devil) use force, cunning, deception, seduction, etc., to find a body/host with which to operate.

And one more thing: a Bible-believing Christian cannot be possessed by a demonic spirit. He/she can be OPPRESSED by one, but not possessed. Oppression happens from the outside in. Possession happens from the inside out.