Do styling products interfere with relaxer?

soslychic

I need to style my hair for a week with no braids before my relaxer. I have completely virgin hair and since I can't wear braids for that last week for fear of irritating my scalp, I need other styling options. My question is, do styling products like elasta qp glaze gel interfere with the relaxing process?

Islandgirl

I got this from Essence Magazine June 2000 pg. 40:
How to Fake a Smooth Hairline Between Touchups

The pros pick Elasta QP's Glaze as the hands-down favorite for keeping roots superstraight. Stylist Shirlena Allen rubs a dime size amount in the hand before applying to exposed roots and uses a small-tooth comb on roots while blow-drying for supersmoothness. Oscar James swears by Let's Jam Slick Stuff. "Give hairline a good brushing after using Slick Stuff," he says. "Tie hair up with a scarf, wait 15 minutes and your roots are as good as gold. "

Well, I don't think Elasta QP glaze will interfere with the relaxing processs , a matter of fact it seems it will help make your roots look good. Oh, you said your hair was completely virgin, i still don't think it would be a problem (just a tip to use after you start relaxing your hair to keep the hairline looking smooth-although i would skip the blowdryer) . Happy hair growing.

soslychic

Thank you so much. I hope you're right!

Second opinions?.....................................................