Do You Celebrate Halloween?

Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Yes

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 65 70.7%

• Total voters

Cichelle

I've outgrown Halloween for some many years now. But I let my daughter dress up and go trick or treating. I don't believe in the Christian idea of "the devil", so that has no sway over me. At any rate, my daughter dresses up as a princess or angel every year, goes out with my DH to get candy and comes home. I have no problem with this.

Cleve_gryl

Christians don't celebrate halloween due to pagan background of witches. We have "All Saints Day" on Nov. 1st for centuries and the enemy came out with Halloween the Oct. 31st a day before "All Saints Day". Instead of Halloween we celebrate Hallejuah.
Right! We have Hallelujah Night tonight for the kiddies at church...bobbing for apples, fall decorations, etc. Alleviates the pressures of getting into a demon costume to beg for candy with their school aged friends.

MissMeWithThatIsh

With all due respect, I do not mess with Halloween.
I really dislike Easter (google Ishtar) and XMas as well.

I will praise God everyday but my spirit does not sit well with pretending to be okay with a Christian holiday that was and is assimilated from Paganism.

I will not judge oe preach to anyone, but that's just my beliefs.

kayte

I guess I see it as harmless maybe because I was raised in a deeply religious home,attended a parochial school where Halloween was routinely acknowledged ...and it never seemed a contradiction of loving God and serving HIM
If anything the acts of costumes and candy were merely neighborhood extensions and validation for me as a kid who loved dressup and eating sugar..was all

Only posting because something distressing happened at school where I did a Halloween appearance
the director dressed as a nun...I had to ask...are a you sister and it was a costume
and it got worse
they made the sign of the cross as a joke
and even had fake prayer books with crosses they made

no clue what to do
I was in shock....
in the future..what would you do..
Iknow this will come ..up again.....

Last edited:

chicacanella

I think one of the most important questions we as Christians need to ask about Halloween is: What kind of fruit does it bear?

Think about. Fear, depression, introductory to divination, mischief, discord, rebellion.

Anyone ever heard of Devil's Night? That is what they used to call it or still do in my city. Some have switched to Angel's night to try to counteract all the mess that happens on DN. But anyway, they have to watch for homes not to be burnt down and have you all heard what happens in NY;Crips slashing people's faces.

This is the fruit borne by Halloween and is why I do not participate at all.

Look, Jesus said "you will know them by their fruit."

He wants us to produce good fruit, not just produce. Go look it up if you don't believe me.

Last edited:

michc

No.

Dressing up like the Grim Reaper, Vampires, Skeletons, Werewolves; movies like Saw, Friday the 13th, Omen, Halloween, Scream on tv. Ain't nothing there shouting 'Christ is Lord' to me so no, not for me or my family. :nono: