do you do the final rinse with cool or cold water.. ?

blackberry815

How are you ladies doing the final rinse with cool cold water? I don't think my body can take cold water after my usual hot showers/shampoo sessions.. I can barely shower with warm water. It's usually on the hotter side for me to be comfortable and now that its winter time its even harder. I love hot showers but I think its drying out my hair. When you do the final rinse with cool or cold water are you in the shower or washing at the sink? did you just eventually get used to using cool water after a few times?

Ronnieaj

Cool. Can't do cold :nono:. Though I've taken to just dunking my hair in the sink for my acv rinse and moving on from there, without touching the scalp. That's working even better for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Cold or Cool:yep:

I do it right after my Final Rinse with either PC, HV ACV Phinising, BFH Shine Rinse or Nexxus Ensure.

EagleEyes85

I agree with the lukewarm. I change the temperature gradually to get my body used to the changing water, but I never go ice cold. Lukewarm is a happy medium for me.

faithVA

I tried the cold and cool water. I switched back to the warm water. My hair just felt better. I'm natural don't know if that makes any difference.

blackberry815

My question really is not really do u use cold or cool water but moreso how can u withstand showering with cold water or even cool water?

imaccami

When I used to do cool rinses, I would like arch my back so that the water wouldn't really touch me, but I don't do cool rinses anymore. I don't think it makes too much of a difference for me.

choctaw

I use lukewarm most of the time. Only use cool water in summer (final rinse) or to rinse hair before entering and after exiting pool.

kami11213

You get used to it, the benefits are worth it. Try arching your back so the water doesn't touch you like others have said. I usually don't have my back to the water, my side is facing it, so I just tilt my head over so that's what's under the water, not my body. Then I turn to the other side and do the same thing.

prettypithy

I did the cold water rinse for like 9 months convinced that it helped reduce frizz. I just can't stand that feeling of cold water on my back! So I started rinsing at the same temp I normally shower about a month ago. No measurable frizz uptick.

I also wrapped my hair in a terry cloth to dry :)gasp:) and my hair didn't fall out, turn green or explode in a cloud of frizz. I'm breakin' all the rules.:sekret:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I agree with the lukewarm. I change the temperature gradually to get my body used to the changing water, but I never go ice cold. Lukewarm is a happy medium for me.
+1 for gradually changing the temp -- my body adjusts better this way. I shower (hot), rinse hair (lukewarm to cool), then rinse body again (hot). I also have a small space heater blowing while I'm showering to help offset the chill of my final rinse. Having the bathroom temp nice and toasty just helps take the edge off overall.

discodumpling

I do a final cold water rinse by filling a disposable water bottle BEFORE my shower with cold water. When it's time to rinse I keep my body in the hot water and lean my head forward and rinse:yep:.

AnotherLevel

I do the cool rinse "sometimes". I actually turn toward the water, take a step back and bend over a bit so my head is the only thing facing the water. I turn my head from side to side and up and down a couple of times and I'm done. No water really touches my body, just my face. I find that this is much more bearable than letting the water touch my entire body.

jendazzler

I don't have my back towards the shower when rinsing with cold water. I turn around and flip my hair over my head so only my hair is exposed to the water. Or sometimes I will flip my hair over my head and run cold water over with it using a cup I keep in the bathroom.

Nonie

I use the same temperature of water for my final rinse as I do for the whole wash. Cold water doesn't close cuticles. The most it will do is not rinse out conditioner as thoroughly as warm or hot water might...so that might explain the "difference" people claim to see. Otherwise the only thing that closes/opens cuticle of the hair is a change in the pH. That's why relaxers are very alkaline to open up the hair cuticle and then you follow the process with an acidic neutralizer to close the cuticle.

greenandchic

If I'm over the sink (usually rinsing out henna or some other treatment), I do cold. Warm in the shower unless its super hot that day.