Do you ever get tired of doing your hair?

brucebettye

I used to wash my hair and dc twice a week and style my hair. Now all I do is wash and dc my hair once a week or every week & a half. I have been bunning my hair and putting a phony pony over my bun since March 2010 and I love the ease of this style. I really am just tired of doing detailed things to my hair. Does anybody else feel this way?:ohwell:

Absolutely. I need to take down my twists, dc, and then braid my hair and I am dreading it..even though I know I will not have to touch it again for 1.5-2wks. :)

I sometimes get tired of the "work" when I've put a lot into a style and it doesn't turn out right. Currently I'm in a wet bun challenge so it has been super easy! I steam on the weekends so I enjoy that spa treatment. I think if I were "fixing" my hair on a daily basis, I'd be tired but right now, it takes me 5 minutes so I can't complain.

I felt that way last week. I joined the steaming challenge two weeks ago. I styled my hair 3 times. By the 3rd time I realized I wouldn't be able to keep it up and enjoy my hair. I was also sleep deprived finishing my hair so late. My hair is only NL so my styling is time consuming either two stranded twists or flat twists. Maybe if I had styles that I could do in less than an hour I might DC mid week and it wouldn't be so bad.

Heck yeah I get tired of doing my hair. Thats why I've never been able to stick to a strict regimen. But im trying to stay strong from now on.

It's actually very relaxing and therapeutic for me, so.....so far, I haven't grown tired of doing it.:yep:

I look at it like tending to a 'Garden' or something in which I hope to achieve results from the Fruits of My Labor, so with that idea in mind, it is still a very relaxing and fun thing for me to do so I press on.:look:

Don't get me wrong, I tired of thinking about the steps etc....(especially Henna'ing) but once I start on it, I'm in it to Win it.:yep:

Occasionally, and when I do I try to simplify where I can. For instance, I was really busy this week so I kept up with the things that I felt were vital to my hair health, 1 co-wash and 1 dc. My style for the week was a simple bun that I took down each night moisturized and put my hair in a single braid. I will be busy this weekend so it's probably going to be wash, DC and bunning again for the week. When things calm down I can go back to more elaborate styling.

heck ya, i think its because i dont have my favorite DC right now and my steamer broke. whenever i dont have my staple product i HATE washing my hair until i have it. when i have everything im excited. as far as styling i wig it up or fake pony so those are all low key anyways

Sometimes (especially in the summer), I get into little funks and I don't want to touch my hair. During those times, I wash/DC every two weeks, and in between, just keep my hair bunned and spray it with moisturizing sprays. But those funks eventually lift, and I go back to looking forward to every washday. I just really enjoy caring for my own hair, and seeing it grow and flourish under my own hand. But my hair is still on the shorter side, so yeah. Given how lazy I am, I imagine that as my hair approaches goal length, I'll start to dread wash day a little.

I felt that way last week. I joined the steaming challenge two weeks ago. I styled my hair 3 times. By the 3rd time I realized I wouldn't be able to keep it up and enjoy my hair. I was also sleep deprived finishing my hair so late. My hair is only NL so my styling is time consuming either two stranded twists or flat twists. Maybe if I had styles that I could do in less than an hour I might DC mid week and it wouldn't be so bad.

Could you not steam your hair in the twists, instead of taking them down every time? (I'm assuming that's what you did, please correct me if I am wrong).

YES. It can be exhausting at times and have to be done in installments:ohwell: and I still have a little bit to go till I reach my goal. Once its done I'm so happy I did it....but most times its like ugh here we go again. Thanks goodness for long term protective styles I can keep in for a month or more:yep: they're a life saver:up: Toward the end of me protective styling I start to miss all the different styles I can do with my hair....its a cycle:lol:

Yes. I've been doing my own hair all summer. I'm a bit tired of it because my hair is taking forever grow to show length due to the jedi mind tricks my hair is playing on me with more and more shrinkage the longer it seems to get.

I would vote yes I do get tired of my hair sometimes especially since recently BC'ing and being limited to what I can do with it because of it's short length. When I was relaxed, I never got tired of it. I loved it because it was long and easy to style.

Now I try to keep it in protective styles 100% of the time because there isn't much else I can do with it in a timely fashion. Now mind you, I still take really good care of it because I've seen that bright light at the end of the tunnel and I dare not lose sight of it. In that light at the end of the tunnel, I see beautiful, healthy hair and that motivates me to keep going.

Even now, I can see the fruits of my hard labor unravelling right before my very eyes. My fine babies are growing in strong and healthy and I love it.

Most times it's more therapeutic then anything. Shower time is a time to relax, think, pray, sing, whatever. I may get a little frustrated when it takes longer to twist then I would like. Usually when I'm twisting up I'm catching up on DVR shows, DVDs, or other stuff. I also enjoy mixing up my DC and seeing how the combos come out. So all in all its a time of pampering and relaxation for me.

Sometimes I do especially since I'm at a point where I can't do too much to my hair. I'm almost apl and I've been protective styling for ages. The only thing fun about doing my hair is dc'ing and mixing up hair concotions lol.

YES! That's why I just got a full sew-in. I couldn't stand the sight of my hair. But this sew in is work too... sigh. Maybe I'll just start bunning it.

Yes! I just put my hair back n braids after having them in for a month! I couldn't wait till my two week rest period was up!!

Never. I'd do it all the time if I could. I find it relaxing and therapeutic. I'll never tire of the "just washed" feeling, or the feeling of warm coconut oil massaged into my scalp. I love a second day braidout and the smell of Chi Silk Infusion. I love the satisfaction of feeling those eyes boring into the back of your head when your hair looks really good. The Korean BSS owner even knows me now and listens with interest when I tell him which one of the hundreds of products in his store actually work. I find the whole industry and our beautiful afro-textured hair fascinating.

Girl so I called myself cutting out my own tracks because my sister had forgotten about me and went home. I had a hair appointment the very next day so it had to come out. I cut a braid of my own hair that was 6 incles and some other hair in the front is super short. I didn't know it was that bad because my natural afro is super huge, but when my braider got to that side I said, "sorry." I got impatient with cutting the tracks out and just started to cut and was not being careful. I will never attempt to cut my own tracks out again.

I have always been LAZY when it comes to doing my hair but i also LOVE long hair and once you join this site and start seeing peopple with mid back waist length etc hair i want it as well.......theres something about having long hair put in a bun and then unleashing it seductively to the world:look:...the thought of doing that one day keeps me going:lachen:

I generally would shampoo/cleanse my hair every 3 to 4 days.. but lately I can't tell that my hair is growing and although I'm HAPPY about the growth because it takes me longer to do my hair I think twice about doing my hair. The funny thing is that my hair isn't even SL yet so I can only imagine what it will be like doing my hair once it gets longer.

Great thread... I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

I'll have to answer yes to that one. I will have been natural for 2 month's come the 21st. All I've been able to do so far with the length I have right now is puffs and twist outs. I am however getting to fall in love with products that give my hair....umph, shine and swang.

I wish I could cornrow for braid outs but....I'll deffinatly be putting in some braids to cut down the manipulation.

yes. madd laziness.
and then he/friends/strangers compliment it.
then i just keep truckin' cause i know i'm not the only one being uplifted by my do.

Back