Do you go to the salon regularly?

luvovcandy

I know that a lot of women on LHCF prefer to do their hair themselves but I was curious to know who goes to the salon on a regular basis and find that the hair stylist is growing their hair. If you go regularly, what does your stylist use in your hair and do they blow dry and or flat iron? Please share.

locabouthair

I go for wash and sets weekly but I relax my own hair.

I never let them apply any type of direct heat to my hair. I just sit under a hooded dryer. I go to the dominicans and they blow out the roots and the whole thing but I dont let them do that to my hair.

I usually bring my own DC and they use a leave in and thats about it.

The Princess

I go to get my hair flatiron and a relaxer.. I don't go often..maybe once or twice a month. Twice a month is the max.

She wash my hair with Mizani shampoo and Mizani conditioner. When I get a relaxer she uses Mizani.

She blowdry and flatiron my hair. She uses Mizani curling wax, to prevent heat damage, and uses some type of Mizani oil on my scalp.

Since I don't go to the hairdresser that much, I do everything else myself at home.

Last edited:

v2.0

I only to go the salon for trims and to get my roots blown out if I am stretching. I relax, wash, and DC at home. When I get to the salon all my stylist has to do is rinse out my conditioner, maybe add one more (my own), apply leave in and roller set my hair.