DO YOU HAVE A HAIR "BIBLE"?

LivingDoll

I do. :yep:

As a newbie, there was just sooo much information on products, tips and how-to's, I had a million post-its floating around in my bag. I got to the point where I had a little stack of them. A coworker had given me a small journal for Christmas which I decided to use as a "bible" of sorts.

I have EVERYTHING in my book! How to's, products that I currently use, products on my wish list, my regimen, etc. I have recipes (Cathy Howse's and KiniKake's condish's)...plus, it's small enough to carry in my purse everyday.

The best thing is, when I go into a BSS I pull out my book and BAM! There it is...I never have to worry about remembering what I want to get! I'm sure as I get far enough in my hair journey, I won't need it anymore but it's great to have while I'm building my regimen and finding my staples.

Do you have a hair "bible"? What's in it?

Aww that too kute! When I first started I had all these different regimens and recipes that i wanted to try, and i walso kept what i was doing from week to week...but now i do wanna make a "bible" i dunno about purse size though...lol i already have too much stuff to put in it!:grin:

My first real reference was Carolyn Gray's book. I would simply make hand-written notes in the margins, highlight important sections, etc.

When I discovered the board, I kept notes on my old laptop, and also carried a small notepad in my purse. My fotki has been a good resource for me to keep my notes of techniques. I wish I would have started my fotki back when I did the big chop.

Carrying a small notepad in my purse is the best daily reference for me, 'cause I keep a running list of things I need in there.

Not yet. I've been making notes about different hair recipes and vits that I want to try. So, I guess I need to start my hair "bible" now.:look: Thanks for starting this topic.

I have a hair journal, its like a food journal, I keep track of what things I've done on what days and what products I've used to help tweak my regimen.

I have another small journal that I need in my purse and if I see something interesting I jot it down in there.

Yes I keep my info in my journal or day-timer. Usually list of vits and products i want to try. for techniques, i mostly just save the threads.

Wow, I have company! It's really helpful isn't it? The other day the man in the BSS was looking at me like "wow, she's serious bout her ish"...:lachen:

yes I have joural that I try to keep a log of my hair treatments and length checks.
I also have a PJ wishlist/important hair and chemical facts on my PC. The yellow post it stickies were getting all over the place.
Also I have a Hair Stuff Favorites file on my PC.

I need to get some sort of record keeping going. You all have givem me some ideas to go forward with. At times I go to the BSS and I'm wandering the aisles like "now what did my hair cousins say about this product??" lol

I would like to/need to keep track of my products that I use so I can narrow down what works and what doesn't.

Off to find a small pretty notebook!!:grin:

I need to get some sort of record keeping going. You all have givem me some ideas to go forward with. At times I go to the BSS and I'm wandering the aisles like "now what did my hair cousins say about this product??" lol

I would like to/need to keep track of my products that I use so I can narrow down what works and what doesn't.

Off to find a small pretty notebook!!:grin:

I got mine from Marshalls for like $2. Check Marshalls/Ross/TJ Maxx in the housewares area.

Oh yeah...I also take pics of products with my cell while in the BSS and then search for it when I get on the forum for reviews on it.

Yes, I have a hair journal that I faithfully log into. It helps me to keep track of all my trials and errors (product wise), DC, relaxers, trims etc.

I am a newbie and have a sticky note mess too. A journel is a great idea that way a can just flip open on book and find what I looking for. So much easier. Who knew I would be this serious about hair!

My hair journal is a compliation of all the info I learn on here and I pass it onto my sorority sisters as I convert them...*rubs hands and laughs wickedly* one at a time. :lachen: I also have a fotki...so...yea, several...

Last edited:
I cut and paste information I would like to keep into a wordprocessing document. Every so often I print it out and put it in a 3-ring binder. I don't put the information in any particular order but I put post-it tabs to call my attention to where certain information is (i.e. "protein", "MSM dosage", etc).

I have a small fotki to record my growth progress, and I also record what I do to my hair and how I feel about it in my LHCF journal.

I cut and paste information I would like to keep into a wordprocessing document. Every so often I print it out and put it in a 3-ring binder. I don't put the information in any particular order but I put post-it tabs to call my attention to where certain information is (i.e. "protein", "MSM dosage", etc).

I have a small fotki to record my growth progress, and I also record what I do to my hair and how I feel about it in my LHCF journal.

LOL..Dayum girl, You are REAL serious! :lachen:

My hair journal is a compliation of all the info I learn on here and I pass it onto my sorority sisters as I convert them...*rubs hands and laughs wickedly* one at a time. :lachen: I also have a fotki...so...yea, several...

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I am new here as well, but visited the site often prior to really getting started. I keep everything written down or in a word document... A journal is a good idea. I do plan on printing off the pix from my blog to chart my progress and it may be a good ideal to log which products work better for me. I am so overwhelmed and am using so many things right now that I may not be able to tell right away, which product is producing what result.... an official Product Junkie for sure!

I have a notebook that I have tons of articles in. I also have a list of the best threads I have seen here. I have a notebook inwhich I write all of my theories and observations of hair types and trends here.

Yep! I started one last year and I have a new one for this year - it's great and the cool thing is I can look back at what was going on with my hair last year and adjust my regime to fit what worked for me before. I agree it's a really good thing to have:yep:

I have an entire subdirectory with folders for each subject such as shampoos, conditioners, detanglers, pomades, oils, regimens, generic items, hot oil treatments, etc., on my computer. :lol:

Then I cut and paste information off this hair board and put it into the appropriate document which is in its folder. :yep:

I really don’t have to do this since my original regimen and hair care products has given me excellent results--even before I stumbled onto this board, but I'm really impressed with the results of those members who belong to this hair care forum. Their products are less expensive, but they get the same results that I get with more expensive products. :superbanana:

Last edited:
I don't have a Hair "Bible" per se, but I do have a notebook full of stuffs I got off here LOL. I guess you can say I have a notebook for Hair Scribbles instead of a bible LOL I really need to sort that notebook out for real tho, everyone here is just so helpful and it can't get any better than that all in one place!:grin: It may be even more helpful to me if I just blog the stuffs I've accumulated instead of writing it all down by hand. Hmmmmm, I think I need to get on doing that STAT! LOL

Back