Do you think Dreadlocks are unappealing on SOME women

Do you think dreadLocks are unappealing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

natstar

if you don't care take of it, I agree with everyone who state the style will look horrible regardless of how you wear your hair. I actually had locs a few years back and it doesn't take much to maitain..but u still have to take care of them...like any other style. I don't like to see when the hair is receding due to possible traction alopecia-but that can happen with weave braids etc.

I absolutely LOVE locs...especially really well groomed ones, on both men and women. Free forms can sometimes look good to me as well too..it just depends.

They can be made to look more masculine and feminine.

We should have a spinoff thread to talk about all appealing/unappealing hairstyles-we probably do...I plan on re-locing one day

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
the only locs that may look bad to people are baby ones, or locs that arent twisted and cleaned properly. however, i love locs! i think they are sexy. i do think they look nasty on white people though.

SweetSpirit86

It's not always the upkeep (or lack of it) that makes it unattractive on some women to me. Sometimes it just doesn't fit them...like a short haircut on some women...or long hair and a middle part on others.

Bachelorette

NikStar, you have gorgeous hair :yep:

It's not always the upkeep (or lack of it) that makes it unattractive on some women to me. Sometimes it just doesn't fit them...like a short haircut on some women...

Exactly how I feel. There are a few I know that have it nicely groomed and such and I still dont like it. Just doesnt fit alot of people IMO.

Sapphire_chic

i've never really seen dreadlocks on a woman in real life, that i didn't feel suited her or looked nice. i dont see many women with dreadlocks at all though. i did see this one woman in the supermarket and her dreadlocks where beautiful, they were very neat and dyed with brown highlights and she had beads on some of them. i HAD to compliment her lol she said she gets them all the time

ladylibra

Honestly! You could substitute the word "dreadlocs" for any other hairstyle, and it would still hold true. Everything doesn't look good on everybody, and not everyone takes care of their hair period so they are gonna look a HAM. This is something that goes across the board... :rolleyes:

MAMATO

I dont like dreadlocks either on women or men IRL...I've seen one set that looked fine to me online on one of her members who started them last year, I dont remember her name. She also has YT videos on make-ups and natural hair care in general (gorgeous eyes, nice brown skin, ...). Shrug.. I can't remember her screen name for some reasons, but her locs were very nice.

ETA: Scandalous Beauty, that is her name :) Y'all, I am getting too old LOLOLOLL :)

Last edited:

Shandell

I don't find locks unappealing at all, but it really doesn't matter what I think of other peoples hair; people may find my loose natural hair unappealing even though it is healthy.

Jewell

I have seen locs that don't fit some people, but as a hairstyle I think they are appealing if well-maintained and neat. "Rasta" locs usually look a HAM because they are almost never neatly maintained and its like someone started the locs and let the rest of the NG grow out in an afro. NOT CUTE. (No offense to anyone who has Rasta locs, but I just don't like them looking like: :antlers:)

mrsjohnson75

I don't find locks unappealing at all, but it really doesn't matter what I think of other peoples hair; people may find my loose natural hair unappealing even though it is healthy.

ITA....and people may find my relaxed hair uappealing even though its healthy.

Junebug D

Most women I see with locs look good. :look: I have seen some locs that were unappealing, but even those seem to be the minority of what I see.

(There's this one crazy homeless guy I see every day, his "locs" are indeed scary. :look:)

silvergirl

on other women.. as long as it looks clean. then its fine. i havent seen anyone with ratty dirty locs yets.

on me. nonono.. i dont like locs. braids, twist ,cornrows. just no.

surprisingly i havent seen one black man here with locs......

on white ppl. theres this one white guy i know with locs( he just started growing them) and omg. so hot.. if i wasnt married lol.

not everyone can pull it off though, like any hairstyle you have to have the face for it.

Shandell

Most women I see with locs look good. :look: I have seen some locs that were unappealing, but even those seem to be the minority of what I see.

(There's this one crazy homeless guy I see every day, his "locs" are indeed scary. :look:)

Shan_2001: Your twist out is hot!

first2grace

I have seen some gorgeous dreadlocks on women and I've seen some that look like they got into a fight with a comb and gave the hell up. As a matter of fact I saw a woman last week who had the most captivating locks. In a ponytail, they came beneath her rear end, they were long and even. Mostly when I see anyone with really long locks, they are uneven and there is one scraggly extra long one that looks like it may break off if the wind blows too hard. I actually had a great convo with a lady at Lush about her hennaing her locks. I'm going back to see her result this week. Her's were beautiful, even and well taken care of.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I love locs, all kinds on all kinds of hair textures. I have yet to see or touch a set of locs that I didn't love.

finickyone

I also love locs. I've only seen ratty, horrible locs on men. Every woman I have noticed with locs are well maintained. My 22 yr old nephew has locs & he swears his locs are the reason why he has so many women running behind him. lol
He maintains them himself & they are always on point. He graduated college a few months ago & just secured a well paying job in corporate America. I must admit that I was worried that it would be diffcult for him to do, but I work in Human Resources, so I coached him pretty well through the 4 different interviews he had to go through. He has grown his locs about 6 years & now he's thinking of cutting them off. He says he's tired of them, but I'm wondering if he's feeling a little pressure from work to maybe fit in.

chokolate miss

I think any and EVERY hair style is unappealing on SOME women.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Not everyone can rock every style.

For instance I have a Rihanna/Tyra forehead. So that means that some things I just should not attempt!

'Dos are like sunglasses, you have to find the one that best suits you.

tailormade84

i wholeheartedly agree that unkept hair is never sexy, but i also think that not every hairstyle is for everybody...i personally dont like how i look with bone straight hair....