Do you use a brush - if so what kind?

kisz4tj

I'm on the scout for a brush, I've heard about denman and boar bristles but I guess I don't have a clear understanding of what the benefit is? Natural bristles...okay, so how does it help?

Besides my question I'm curious, what kind of brush do you ladies use or do you even use a brush?

Karonica

Cushion brush, bristle brush, and the brush with plastic boar-like bristles.

I absolutely love the cushion brush!
I like the bristle brush but that daggon thing took out the hair on my temples.
My plastic bristle brush is nice.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I use the Marble Anti-Static Styler Brush to flatten my wet, already detangled hair into a bun. The plastic bristles aren't stiff--they are very flexible.

kisz4tj

[ QUOTE ]
that daggon thing took out the hair on my temples.

[/ QUOTE ]
that doesn't sound good

Karonica

Yeah girl, the hair on the upper corner of my hair just disappeared. I was like WTF? Then, I happened to have read a magazine and it was saying that if your hair is relaxed, you have to be careful with boar bristle brushes because they can take out your edges. I just shook my head
.... and laughed because I was using it to slick back my naps and tame my baby hairs. Well, I can tell you that I no longer have as much baby hair to slick back anymore.

Britt

Hiiii Kisz
I just got my Denman brush in the mail and i like it. I got part boar bristle and part nylon. I think u would need all boar though cause u have fine hair.

Karonica

I saw this one girl's hair journal from nappturality, and she used the Denman on her hair and it did a mighty good job of semi-straightening.

kisz4tj

Hey Britt, so you say I should get all boar, but Karonica just said it took her baby hair out and I can't have that...hmm.

Crysdon you and I are probably the same or similar hair types (I'm 3 something) hows the d83 working for you, and where'd you get it?

Karonica

Hey Kisz, don't be scurred. It may not happen to you, but that was just my experience. Maybe I brushed to hard or something, I dunno, or maybe it wasn't the brush at all. But, I'm still suspicious about it.

TinyT

I am using a paddle brush. It is ok, but hard to handle. I really want to get the Denman D41 when I have some money and this July challenge is over.

Britt

I dont know
, I guess we all have different hair. I have boar mixed with nylon and I like it. Maybe the boar might be a little rough for u, i dont know. Your hair looks like it needs a real soft brush.

kisz4tj

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know
, I guess we all have different hair. I have boar mixed with nylon and I like it. Maybe the boar might be a little rough for u, i dont know. Your hair looks like it needs a real soft brush.

[/ QUOTE ] So boar bristles are soft bristles?

what about this one [image]http://store2.yimg.com/I/tenderheaded_1751_208662[/image]

Crysdon

kisz4tj,

The picture you are trying to post looks exactly like my Denman brush. That's definitely not a boar brush. It's a paddle brush. A boar brush has very soft bristles (I have a natural bristle boar brush) and I use mine only when I need to smooth my hair into a ponytail.

Boar brush

[ QUOTE ]
Crysdon you and I are probably the same or similar hair types (I'm 3 something) hows the d83 working for you, and where'd you get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The D83 is awesome. It gets out tangles better than a wide tooth comb and it straightens my curls too. I bought it at Sally's for about $10.

babyblue

i have the goody knock off of the denman D4 (looks like the one sweatcocoa posted with 9 rows). I never in all my life thought nappy hair could be brushed. But it works real well as far as detangling when wet and shedding is about the same as i would get with a wide tooth comb. just detangle while wet with conditioner from ends to roots. Im so happy that im able to thoroughly brush through my thick roots with ease now.

lunalight7

Im starting to think that a good brush may help me to smooth my hair for airdrying (someone posted this). This may be what Ive been missing cause it doesnt come out as silky smooth as when heat drying. I currently do not brush my hair....what do you ladies think? Is this waht you use a brush for? I wrap my hair w/ my fingers, so I wouldnt need one for that....