For Those Who Use Brushes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
For those who use brushes....do you experience any breakage or shedding?

If so, what type of bristles are on your brushes or the brushes you used if you have stopped using brushes?
Boar bristle? Plastic or Rubber bristle? Wire bristle? Etc.?

I'm trying to see which type of round brush is best for when I blowdry my hair and which type of paddle brush is best for styling afterwards?

northernbelle

Re: For Those Who Use Brushes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No; I use a paddle brush. It is a Denman.

My brother uses a Mason Pearson. I use it sometimes when I visit, and it makes my hair nice and shiny and manageable.

The Mason Pearson brushes are very expensive. However, you may never have to purchase another brush, given that Mason Pearson brushes are considered the best in the world. I gave my father a Mason Pearson; he loves it!

I paid about $10.00 or $15.00 for the Denman. Another high quality brush. The paddle brush is great for wrapping hair.

northernbelle

northernbelle

Oh, the bristles on the Denman are rubber. On the Mason and Pearson brushes owned by my father and my brother, a combination of plastic and boar bristle.

northernbelle

candibaby

I use boar bristles, it's a Goodys brush. I don't have any breakage, but I only use it to smooth my edges or my hair when I wrap it.

jasmine

i use both a ball tipped brush and a boar's bristle brush. The boar bristle brush is very soft almost as soft as a baby brush and i just use that for smoothing my hair line.

the ball tipped brush i actually use for everyday combing, wrapping and styling i guess. im just very careful and take small sections and brush from the ends to the roots.

CheerBear

I use a goody's boar bristle brush and i dont even know the brand of my paddle brush, but it has ball tipped metal bristles. I actually just brushed my hair last night for the first time in about 6 months and while it does help smooth the hair, especially the new growth, it's not something I'll do regularly. I did brush it twice today
and the second time i saw some breakage...

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I started using the Denman D3 brush which is made or nylon bristles. It is all that for detangling and I use a boar brush to brush the edges of my hair.

Mahalialee4

I use a fine black hair boar brush that I purchased from Light Mountain Henna that is especially for fine hair and children.( BASS 100% wild boar soft) Love it. Also use a paddle brush made by ECO VII (100% boar) and for the ultra soft smooth look on my waves, I use a Star 100% Horse Hair made in Brazil and yes it is the one used for giving horses that smooth shine before shows!). I bought it at a Tack Shop.) My hair just loves this one now because my hair is in such good shape. I only use the brushes to smooth the oils just before I go to bed and do not over do it. I do not brush through the ends every nite, but when I apply my oil after the Biolage on the ends, I use the BASS brush to distribute oil very gently before I put my hair up. Hope this helps.
Bonjour.