Does anyone besides Macherieamor use a whole product line?

kandi1280

I read Shamboosie's book last year :bookworm: about how most products work best when you use a whole product line. I had used the Nexxus product line and it worked OK, but nothing to rave about.

My hair does love the keracare line, but I also mix in mizani products and Salerm 21, then Chi silk infusion.

Does anyone else use just one product line?

Macherie, it looks like you've gotten wonderful results using just the Keracare. :notworthy:

there are few people here that just use one line

i've tried it before with 6 different lines (kenra, keracare, nexxus, design essentials, elasta qp, paul mitchell) and it just didn't work for me

i could never find a line in which all the products that i use would give me the results that i want, for example the shampoo would be too stripping and the conditioner would be great and the leave in would be garbage or the shampoo would be great but the conditioner would not be moisturizing enough for me and the leave in would be too heavy, i never seem to like all the products in the one line

so i abandoned the idea of just using one line and i just use what works for me, i had no adverse reactions from mixing lines

CAPlush

kandi1280 said:
I read Shamboosie's book last year :bookworm: about how most products work best when you use a whole product line. I had used the Nexxus product line and it worked OK, but nothing to rave about.

My hair does love the keracare line, but I also mix in mizani products and Salerm 21, then Chi silk infusion.

Does anyone else use just one product line?

Macherie, it looks like you've gotten wonderful results using just the Keracare. :notworthy:

I don't think this is true at all for most people. Did Shamboosie give a reasoning behind this? There are a lot of product lines that are missing essential product types, such as clarifying shampoo, heat protectant, or protein reconstructor. They may only make a protein liquid leave in when you feel you need a creamy moisturizing one, etc. I just don't see how most people could get away with this approach even though it seems to make sense. I used to always buy shampoo and conditioner together from the same line, and I still like to do this but I don't find it as important as I used to.

bablou00

I would love to get to the point where I am only using one line. But like you said when I was using all keracare products I might of threw in some Mizani w/ it. Now that I bought poo, conditioner, treatment and creme from Aveda I hope I can consistently start using soley that line. I use other stuff in btwn because its laying around, but I want to be consistent w/ Aveda products only. Until my pockets say otherwise:eek:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
CAPlush said:
I don't think this is true at all for most people. Did Shamboosie give a reasoning behind this? There are a lot of product lines that are missing essential product types, such as clarifying shampoo, heat protectant, or protein reconstructor. They may only make a protein liquid leave in when you feel you need a creamy moisturizing one, etc. I just don't see how most people could get away with this approach even though it seems to make sense. I used to always buy shampoo and conditioner together from the same line, and I still like to do this but I don't find it as important as I used to.

This is the main reason I don't use one product line. I have tried it on several occasions with a few brands, but I always was missing something or had to add a similar product to get the results I wanted.

imstush

I've never used one product line, but I am tempted to try both Nexxus and Keracare to see what the raves are. I would like to get to a point where I only use one line.

MissScarlett

i have used just nexxus and just aveda products soley, i didn't notice a difference when i strictly used aveda but I definitely did with nexxus.

MissScarlett

bablou00 said:
I would love to get to the point where I am only using one line. But like you said when I was using all keracare products I might of threw in some Mizani w/ it. Now that I bought poo, conditioner, treatment and creme from Aveda I hope I can consistently start using soley that line. I use other stuff in btwn because its laying around, but I want to be consistent w/ Aveda products only. Until my pockets say otherwise:eek:

I just wanted to say how pretty you are! what a cute siggy!!!

*Michelle*

Every four mos I switch between the whole line of Mizani and Redken. I will say when using Redken I use Keracare oils.

Shamboosie is right ESPECIALLY with pro lines (most pro lines have everything) they are chemically designed to worked together for best performance. If a product doesn't work for you...that line is probably not the best choice for your hair. GENERALLY speaking to get the BEST, longest lasting, results it also takes time.

Now I, obviously, haven't written a book and don't usually put this out there... but I was or have been: Clairol's Star of Tommorow (even though I'm not a star...LOL), a Master stylist, Instructor, and worked for Mizani. I had 20yrs in the industry before I got out...so I do know a lil' somethin'.

Artemis

Pixel Lady said:
Every four mos I switch between the whole line of Mizani and Redken. I will say when using Redken I use Keracare oils.

Shamboosie is right ESPECIALLY with pro lines (most pro lines have everything) they are chemically designed to worked together for best performance. If a product doesn't work for you...that line is probably not the best choice for your hair. GENERALLY speaking to get the BEST, longest lasting, results it also takes time.

Now I, obviously, haven't written a book and don't usually put this out there... but I was or have been: Clairol's Star of Tommorow (even though I'm not a star...LOL), a Master stylist, Instructor, and worked for Mizani. I had 20yrs in the industry before I got out...so I do know a lil' somethin'.

Very interesting...Is Mizani a line that you think someone could solely use and achieve great results from doing so?

babyanjel

I don't think alot of ppl do....however I do.
I used to use Nexxus. Then tried Biolage, KeraCare, Paul Mitchell & Carol's Daughter.... finally I've settled on my Elucence and I have no problems. My hair's doing great.

*Michelle*

artemis_e. said:
Very interesting...Is Mizani a line that you think someone could solely use and achieve great results from doing so?

Yes, I do. Some people find it faster than others...unfortunately, some never find it (if they come here they will find the right routine:grin: )

I switch between the two lines because I love them both. On occasion I try something new...you never know :p

*Michelle*

babyanjel said:
I don't think alot of ppl do....however I do.
I used to use Nexxus. Then tried Biolage, KeraCare, Paul Mitchell & Carol's Daughter.... finally I've settled on my Elucence and I have no problems. My hair's doing great.

Good for you! It's a great feeling and a lot less stressful once you get your routine down ;)

Artemis

Pixel Lady said:
Yes, I do. Some people find it faster than others...unfortunately, some never find it (if they come here they will find the right routine:grin: )

I switch between the two lines because I love them both. On occasion I try something new...you never know :p

Thanks!

Could you list the Mizani products you use? I recently switched to Mizani's mild relaxer and am considering alternating their haircare prods w/my Joico :love:

lonei

Most of my products are Giovanni, I always try to stick to a whole line as far as poss.

By the way bablou00, you look beautiful in your siggy!

bablou00

Oh thank you!!!:p I just stepped back into this thread and saw that you wrote that...I love love love your hair and your curls...uhhhh I want:D

OT: I think mizani is a great line. My stylist uses it and I love the moisturafuse conditioner. It does wonders and detangles really well. Im going to try to stick to Aveda DR line. Im hoping this helps w/ the breakage issue I have going on now....:eek:

MissScarlett said:
I just wanted to say how pretty you are! what a cute siggy!!!

bablou00

Also what Aveda line are u using? I did a search and its funny because a lot of people really didnt care too much for the Aveda Brilliant line which is geared more towards African American hair. The lady at the Aveda store told me that but then said that DR was better for our hair if we relaxed and used color. I liked the results that I am getting from the DR line. It makes me want to wash everyday but I cant due to the hard water here in KY!!!:mad:

MissScarlett said:
i have used just nexxus and just aveda products soley, i didn't notice a difference when i strictly used aveda but I definitely did with nexxus.

macherieamour

hi guys!

Yeah, I really like using one whole line. I use Keracare but I have alternate like NTM, aphogee. One line works for me but it did take months for the products to really work for my hair.

Its also due too laziness. When I try new products and they dont work, i never know if it just didnt work for my hair or had an adverse reaction to another product im using and....im just too lazy to figure it out:lol:

That said, I am out of Keracare and Im enjoying experimenting with the neglected products under the sink!

Creatividual

I don't use whole product line either. I used to be such a PJ that I couldn't stay with just one line b/c I always wanted to try something else! But now, I've found products, from all different brands, that really jive well with my hair and my routine so I'm going to stick with them.:grin:

NeeSee

For the most part. I use the whole Joico Moisture Recovery line. I find that they products tend to work their best when used together.

Artemis

Adrian said:
For the most part. I use the whole Joico Moisture Recovery line. I find that they products tend to work their best when used together.

I agree! I love this line, too! But as far as styling goes, I use the Kpak Leave in Foam, and Chi Silk Infusion after it's dry.

Artemis

artemis_e. said:
Thanks!

Could you list the Mizani products you use? I recently switched to Mizani's mild relaxer and am considering alternating their haircare prods w/my Joico :love:

Bump @ Pixel Lady :)

kandi1280

I guess I still have to work at giving the line a little more time before I call it quits. I'm going to try it out with Keracare and Mizani as I have the most of both of these lines.

Artemis

kandi1280 said:
I guess I still have to work at giving the line a little more time before I call it quits. I'm going to try it out with Keracare and Mizani as I have the most of both of these lines.

Yeah I think that wouldn't hurt; if after 2-3 mos or so you don't like how your hair is feeling or looking, you could [maybe] swap or sell the products...

BeautifulNameX

I like perfect results. i lie the smell too. their products are great too especally the boomerange conditioner. but i want to try mizani line

Missi

On Mondays: i use only the Keracare Line (color poo's & con's: first lather: humecto: detangling poo) and thursdays I use CoN poo (green) and Aubrey Organic Conditioners