Anyone who only uses maybe 1-3 product lines?

IndianAngel22

I've always wanted to switch my regime to 1-2 product lines that I could just do EVERYTHING with. Like does anyone ONLY use maybe

*ONLY Creme of Nature
*ONly Pantene
*Only Mane N'Tail
*Only.... You get the idea.

Or just 1-3 product lines? I always wanted to try to just switch my entire regime to 1 line that just works in all ways. Shampoo, moisturizer, clarifyer, shine, whatever. With the acception of a few items like Chi silk infusion. I would never use that entire line. Just wondering? I know it's good to switch up your products "I think" but why not just switch up between lines? Why all this product hopping?

TexturedTresses

i'm trying to do this now ... so far I've got mop and jane carter. i think i can get everything i need from these lines. except i don't want to use it to cowash b/c its so expensive (at least I think its expensive). I might try the c-system hyrdrating for that so we'll see. So I use suave for the most part sometimes vo5 to cowash. I don't like tresseme for cowashing though.

I really think its a good idea to do this b/c a lot of products are formulated to work with other products in the line. So I figure it helps me to KISS.

Jhuidah

I was just thinking about trying this the other day. I mainly use Aveda, Redken, and Nexxus products (both Nexxus' salon line and their Phyto Organics line). But my staple, been-using-it-for-years leave-in conditioner is from MOP--but I didn't love any of their other products. Liked a few, but no real love. I'm planning on cutting down my usage of other lines and sticking exclusively with Aveda and Redken. Probably. :lachen:

The PJ in me wants to give MOP another chance. They have a pretty extensive line that includes styling products and deep conditioners, etc. Plus I wouldn't have to order them online like I do the Phyto Organics.

I also use a few other miscellaneous products from various lines. I'm happy with the price and effectiveness of those, so I'd be hard pressed to replace them with more expensive, possibly ineffective products. So I don't know if it's possible for me to completely cut down to 1-3 lines.

morehairplease

I am really trying hard to do this. KISS has been my motto since my recent forced big chop and I have got to stop jumping on every bandwagon that comes along and spending crazy amounts on products(gas is too high to be doing this foolishness). I have been looking into MOP(the mixed greens co, extreme moisture/protein, & leave in co) after reading sandyrabbit's rave of it. I really need to find staple products and stick with one line b/c all this flip flopping is driving me bananas.

MissNina

Libra Girl
i'm trying to do this now ...

I really think its a good idea to do this b/c a lot of products are formulated to work with other products in the line. So I figure it helps me to KISS.

ITA. I am trying to use up everything I have so I can do this. My stylist for the most part uses ONLY Design Essentials on my hair. . .and my hair has always seemed so much better for it. Although she has switched the line used a few times in the years and years I've been with her, she always sticks with the whole shabang. Products are really meant to work together I believe. It also helps keep hair costs low. . .buying tons of different products is expensive! B/c you're not loyal to one, you're more likely to try anything. . .which can add up.

I recently bought Ulta samples of the entire Redken's Smooth Down line. . .and that is it for me! :love: :love: Beats "my" Nexxus by far. I will stick to Redken for moisture and Aphogee for protein. I'll have various co-washies/DC options, but other than that. . .:yep: :yep:

msa

I personally believe in using products from the same line because it always seems like they work better together. I only use 3 product lines: Oyin, Giovanni, and Wen.

At this point I use Oyin for washing, conditioning, leave in, and moisturizer/grease. I use Giovanni Smooth as Silk as my deep conditioner and for the protein, since I don't really get much of it anywhere else in my regimen. I just got the Wen a couple weeks ago and I LOVE it but I don't know if I can justify replacing it once it runs out because it is so expensive. So I might have to leave it alone.

I think once you find products that work for your hair and you really like them, stick with them. I tried Oyin first and I'm glad I did because I like everything about it so I have no reason to really switch back and forth between things or try new stuff.

morehairplease

I personally believe in using products from the same line because it always seems like they work better together. I only use 3 product lines: Oyin, Giovanni, and Wen.

At this point I use Oyin for washing, conditioning, leave in, and moisturizer/grease. I use Giovanni Smooth as Silk as my deep conditioner and for the protein, since I don't really get much of it anywhere else in my regimen. I just got the Wen a couple weeks ago and I LOVE it but I don't know if I can justify replacing it once it runs out because it is so expensive. So I might have to leave it alone.

I think once you find products that work for your hair and you really like them, stick with them. I tried Oyin first and I'm glad I did because I like everything about it so I have no reason to really switch back and forth between things or try new stuff.

hi there,

do you mind me asking what hair type you are?

tia,
tishee

msa

hi there,

do you mind me asking what hair type you are?

tia,
tishee

Hey tishee,

Well I do have a lot of pen spring 4a type coils, especially in the middle of my head. But, unlike true 4a they don't really separate, they mostly clump together in a weird mass (which you can kind of tell from my avatar but not really).

So, I've come to the conclusion that I'm 4b (especially in the front portion of my head) with some 4a defined coils thrown in there.

-Alexis

morehairplease

Hey tishee,

Well I do have a lot of pen spring 4a type coils, especially in the middle of my head. But, unlike true 4a they don't really separate, they mostly clump together in a weird mass (which you can kind of tell from my avatar but not really).

So, I've come to the conclusion that I'm 4b (especially in the front portion of my head) with some 4a defined coils thrown in there.

-Alexis

thanks Alexis for getting back to me. You and I have the same texture. Do you mind me asking what products you use and your regimen b/c I have been trying everything and nothing is working:wallbash:.

msa

thanks Alexis for getting back to me. You and I have the same texture. Do you mind me asking what products you use and your regimen b/c I have been trying everything and nothing is working:wallbash:.

Tishee, I pm'd you.

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
I currently (and have been for almost a year) have been using: Aveda, Rusk, and Redken (that's for clarifying only and I don't even need that anymore).

Do oil brands count? Because I use Amla, Avocado oil, and coconut oil...

blasiancurlie

how is the mop line working out for you? i'm dying to try this line but i'm waiting till i BC since it is kinda expensive....

i'm trying to do this now ... so far I've got mop and jane carter. i think i can get everything i need from these lines. except i don't want to use it to cowash b/c its so expensive (at least I think its expensive). I might try the c-system hyrdrating for that so we'll see. So I use suave for the most part sometimes vo5 to cowash. I don't like tresseme for cowashing though.