Does anyone else have their product junky moments?

Boy oh boy:lol: I had my PJ moment yesterday at Sally's. I bought:

ORS Hair Mayo (that stuff stinks really bad)
ORS Carrot oil
Hair clips
Sebastian Potion #9
Nexxus Aloe Rid

I just can't help it, maybe I need to go to PJA (Product Junkie Anonomious) you know like AA?? "Hi my name is Pink and I'm a Product Junkie" :lachen:

Miz Jackson said:
I was doing really good. Then within the past two weeks I've bought:
ION hood dryer
Flat Iron from Wal-Mart (straightens really good!)
Silk Elements Lye relaxer, neutralizing poo, and deep conditioner and the heat spray
Mendex split ends treatment
Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Africa's Best Oil with Ginseng
Roux Porosity Control
Wild growth oil

I also find myself on the hair aisle in Target and Wal-Mart.
I too, do the happy dance when I buy new products...then I start planning what I'm going to do the next time I wash my hair. Did I mention that I'm going back to Sally's this weekend?:lol:

Hi, my name is Miz Jacskon, and I'm a product junkie.

Does that ION dryer work good? I have a Gold-n-hot and it's pretty good.

Um, I was at Target lastnight looking in the product aisle after I bought all that stuff at Sally's :grin:

crlsweetie912

OMG, yesterday I slowed down as I passed one of the biggest BSS's in the city. I had to literally say to myself "I will not go into the BSS, I will not go into the BSS"

I almost cried when I found a 4lb tub of Motions Moisture plus in there!:love: :love: :love: :love:

I went into sallys and just looked around for about 15 minutes (I was just there on Saturday) but I didn't buy anything. But I felt sad when I left.

I too am going into PJ purgatory!

tffy2004

I SO know where yall are coming from. Everytime I set foot into Wal-Mart or if I am grocery shopping and I pass the haircare isle the PJ inside me screams bloody murder and I have to at least walk down the isle and look.

I have been doing good so far. I have narrowed my collection down to the "Bare Essentials" and I haven't bought anything in about 24 hours......(forgive me Lord)

crlsweetie912

VWVixxen said:
:angeldevi "Welcome Sister, Would like to have your room in the Conditioner section?"

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Thank you ma'am, next to the rollers, clips, scarves, pins, hair accessories section!

Ooh, I found the prettiest scarves yesterday at Walmart on clearance!

dynamic1

I am a serious PJ. But is it a bad thing? :perplexed

I am trying to find products that will work for my hair now and experimenting with different styles. When I was relaxing, I was not a PJ.

I am on my way to ULTA to take some crap back to the store. Oh, and Sally's too. :mad:

I want to try Qhemet, Blended Beauty, Curl Junkie, Barry Fletcher, BBD, Asha's, Curls, and the list goes on and on. Don't let there be a sale at Walgreen's, Ulta or elsewhere, because then I have a real problem!

dynamic1

crlsweetie912 said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Thank you ma'am, next to the rollers, clips, scarves, pins, hair accessories section!quote]

Oh, and how can I forget about my rollers, pins and clips. When Sally's introduced 2 larger size flexi rods, I screeched with joy. Umm, and I order big straws on-line for my straw sets. :cool:

prettywhitty

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Does that ION dryer work good? I have a Gold-n-hot and it's pretty good.

Um, I was at Target lastnight looking in the product aisle after I bought all that stuff at Sally's :grin:
Hi pink n green,
I'll be trying my ION this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!

SparklingFlame

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I can go months without buying new products, then one day, I get the urge to purchase products from almost each and every interesting line mentioned. So far, I have purchased:
Blended Beauty products
Long Lovely Locks
Elucence
Jessicurl

Now I am thinking about purchasing:
Asha's again
Possibly Carol's Daughter again
Curl Junkie
Curls

Whad da hay is wrong with me?
Yes BBS, I am not a PJ. BUT, on occasion I will spend a little bit (about $40) on products. I can go months w/o buying anything then I'll get that itch too. I just bought 3 different Qhemet Biologics products this week. That will do me for a while though.

dominirican

I am a member of PJ anonymous. (first step is admitting it) My husband has taken all cards away for awhile. We can't go into a pharmacy together because I always mysteriously disappear for like 2 hours.:D He's trying to be supportive but I'll dragging us into the poor house soon if I don't this under control.:ohwell: They practically know me by name at the BSS by my job and the one by my house has given me a membership discount card.

dominirican

My most recent PJ moment was this Sun. when i purchased a Solia flat iron from folica.com. I already own one but wasn't too happy with. Before that was Sat. ,garlic shampoo, hair clips, another satin scarf (pink), clarifier, tea tree oil, vitamins, dream curls (frizz ease), wheat germ cond., the list goes on. I hid money from my husband to purchase all of these them told him a friend handed them down to me brand new.:grin:

crlsweetie912

dominirican said:
My most recent PJ moment was this Sun. when i purchased a Solia flat iron from folica.com. I already own one but wasn't too happy with. Before that was Sat. ,garlic shampoo, hair clips, another satin scarf (pink), clarifier, tea tree oil, vitamins, dream curls (frizz ease), wheat germ cond., the list goes on. I hid money from my husband to purchase all of these them told him a friend handed them down to me brand new.:grin:

That's bad.

tetbelle

Oh my god! I am not the only one. I have it bad. I have so much ish and I never like anything. I have tried a lot of the favorites here and my hair likes nothing. I am still searching for my staples. Or is it that I just want to keep buying. I just spent about $50 bucks yesterday and I am still not satisfied....it really is a problem.

I do like Elasta QP Mango butter though and the soft bonnet Ion dryer from Sally's

Barbara

Princess
I was doing fine before I started reading these hair boards. I didn't need any advice in the first place. Now I'm going to use what I've been using before I discovered these hair care boards and what my hair stylist recommends. Therefore, I won't be buying anything else until I use up what I have.

I'm not going to even mention what I have, but I'm not as bad as some product junkies--compared to some of the ladies here and at other hair care boards.

Last edited:

STLCoverGirl

I have been pretty good lately with not buying stuff, it is sooo hard. Just yesterday I went into Sally's for one thing and as I am walking in the store, the salon next door has a huge window display of Aveda products. I stood there for a good 30 seconds just staring, I wanted to go in soo bad, but I didn't lol. It's hard out there for a recovering junkie!!!