does anyone have a GOOD relationship with a stylist?

So?

• No - I had a bad experience and now I look before I leap.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • No - I had a bad experience and now I'm a DIYer.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • No - I just don't want to risk it.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Yes - I choose carefully.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Yes - I have a longstanding/long term relationship with my stylist.

Votes: 24 43.6%

• Total voters

MA2010

When I was in Texas I had a good stylist!!!

Now that I'm in Italy I am a DIYer for real! Not by choice though!
I wish I could find a great European stylist to nourish this hair:lachen:!!! I'm too lazy at times..............

But who can really do my hair better than I?????

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have a great relationship with my stylist. That does not mean I have always been pleased with her as a stylist though. Sometimes I have beaten her to the salon. Once she did not show up for an appointment. :( And I definitely didn't care for the way she detangled my hair. So now I just go and get relaxed, neutralized, and leave with conditioner and a baggie on. But still, I like her a lot as a person. That's why I haven't left.

trinidarkie1

My stylist and I have been friends since I was in high school.
Unfortunately, we are more friends now than client/stylist relationship. She's in Brooklyn and can weave hair unto a bald man :lachen:
I pretty much Do It Myself when it comes to every but a hair cut.

cocoaluv

I had a great one. The only problem I ever had with her is that she was a little too scissor happy but other than that she did a great job. When I went to college she also went back to school and became an accountant (graduated with Honors from Rutgers too :grin:) so she is no longer in the business.

Now since her I have gone through toooo many stylists and have settled on the dominicans and can say that I do NOT have a good relationship with them at all. I'm in and I'm out and thats it. They piss me off with the comments and the small toothed combs but as long as I ONLY go to them for touch ups, bring ALL my own supplies such as conditioner, shampoo, leave in, oil sheen, pins and comb ( Yes I am that anal about my hair :spinning:) then I am good. I saw a lady in there with her own curlers and clips, I dont blame her at all though because I got a rash once behind my ear due to those ear cover thingies they give out...never again. I wanted to ask if she was Nikkos cousin but I am too shy lol.