Does Anyone Sponsor a Child?

Belle Du Jour

I'm just wondering if anyone on here participates in a child sponsorship program. There are lots to choose from but I wanted to ask because I'm afraid that some of these programs may fund controversial things that I don't believe in (i.e. abortion or other family planning services). Please let me know if you do this or have done this in the past and what your experience was. :yep:

JudithO

I'm just wondering if anyone on here participates in a child sponsorship program. There are lots to choose from but I wanted to ask because I'm afraid that some of these programs may fund controversial things that I don't believe in (i.e. abortion or other family planning services). Please let me know if you do this or have done this in the past and what your experience was. :yep:

I've sponsored 4 kids thru CFCA since early 2009. No complaint to at all... Kids wrote me letters all the time, pictures etc.... I got letters from their mothers, aunts, other family members.... They are a catholic based so definitely no abortion or family planning funding. At least 90% of your money goes directly to the kids...

They also have programs where people take mission trips several times a yr... They are not so expensive... You stay in hostels, ride buses, nothing fancy... Get a chance to visit the kids you sponsor etc.. If you are unable to keep paying, they keep helping the kids.... They don't stop support because u can't fund them anymore...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I've sponsored 4 kids thru CFCA since early 2009. No complaint to at all... Kids wrote me letters all the time, pictures etc.... I got letters from their mothers, aunts, other family members.... They are a catholic based so definitely no abortion or family planning funding. At least 90% of your money goes directly to the kids...

They also have programs where people take mission trips several times a yr... They are not so expensive... You stay in hostels, ride buses, nothing fancy... Get a chance to visit the kids you sponsor etc.. If you are unable to keep paying, they keep helping the kids.... They don't stop support because u can't fund them anymore...

Agreed... :yep:

I also recommend CBN (the 700 Club). They have a program called 'Operation Blessing' which helps many in need especially when there is a crisis. They have programs which help children medically (doctors volunteer their services locally and overseas), feeding the hungry, back to school supplies, etc.

One other thing is that 'you' (general you), can 'adopt' a child locally. There's always a family somewhere in need. A family in / out of Church who needs help. As God leads, one can help to buy a family school supplies, a food basket, a winter coat, or sweater, to help their child go to school.

blazingthru

I am very interested in sponsoring a child. we sponsor children in our sabbath school which I enjoy, however, I was thinking of doing it on a more personal level and I will look more into it, whether its here or elsewhere. Elsewhere would be cheaper, but here would be more personal and special so I have to do some soul searching. Probably do both

CoilyFields

I sponser a kid through World Vision. Its been a good experience though I keep saying that Im going to get more involved with her (letters, other gifts etc.) I need to be more active. My mom sponsored a kid while I was growing up but I can't remember what organization it was through.

AtlantaJJ

I am sponsoring a child through CFCA. I love this program :yep: I we correspond regularly with him and his family, via mail and the CFCA web site.