Does anyone still use vaseline???

ttlayli

I was browsing through some old threads and saw how some members were able to gain and retain length by slathering their ends in vaseline and bunning it. Seems like it worked really well for a lot of members and today I actually wet my ends, coated hair in some ms keys 10 en 1, and put vaseline on my ends. I can't do this everyday, so I plan on doing this either the night (or two) before I wash my hair (or when I know I'm not doing anything). Who else does this??

CenteredGirl

I do. I use it as part of my prepoo in the winter. I never get it on my scalp though. Also, I use it as a sealer in the winter if I am going to be wearing hair under a wig.

I think it's an awesome product. Back in the day when mama was caring for my hair it was at least APL and HEALTHY. So I don't poo poo it.

Lucky's Mom

I am anti Petroleum...but - I will use it on my Braids ( the ends only )

I really like so many other things out there... they soak in, etc.....

I also like Unpetroleum.... CG turned me on to that........

LiLi

Adrienne0914 used vaseline and baggied and retained a lot of length. One thing I rememeber her stressing was that her hair was not wet when she did it. I messed up and did it with wet hair and had a lot of breakage.

MikaPeppers

QUE???
I've never heard of using vaseline on HAIR!:nono:
I think I'm traumatized (sp) from when I was a kid, my gramma would cover me in vaseline before I headed off to school :lachen::lachen:

I haven't used any since I was 12... But I'll keep it in mind :look:

sunnydaze

I recently started using some on my daughter's ends when I do two strand twists and it really keeps them soft and stops them from unravelling during the day.

meecee

I only use it when doing a touch up. First I add water based conditioner to the length of my hair (not the roots) and detangle. After the conditioner dries I slather vaseline on the length of my hair, with some extra for the ends. I do this to keep my ends/length from becoming overprocessed with the relaxer run off while rinsing.

Other than that...vaseline doesn't touch my hair.

ttlayli

Thanks for the replys! I took my bun down today and it was sooooo soft!! It's kinda like, when you want your feet really soft and supple, you slather on vaseline and cover your feet with socks! Has anyone ever done that before or just me?? :look: I am def going to do this as often as I can. And plese note that I am not putting this on my scalp. I only put the vaseline on the length of the hair (the hair that goes into the bun).

Simply_Kelz

I did this for a while, and I know what thread you're talking about! Did you re-wet it everyday like they did. I did, not soaking wet, just damp. I stopped b.c when I went to wash my hair it made my tub greasy.

winnettag

Thanks for the replys! I took my bun down today and it was sooooo soft!! It's kinda like, when you want your feet really soft and supple, you slather on vaseline and cover your feet with socks! Has anyone ever done that before or just me?? :look: I am def going to do this as often as I can. And plese note that I am not putting this on my scalp. I only put the vaseline on the length of the hair (the hair that goes into the bun).

Do you put it on dry or damp hair?

ttlayli

I did this for a while, and I know what thread you're talking about! Did you re-wet it everyday like they did. I did, not soaking wet, just damp. I stopped b.c when I went to wash my hair it made my tub greasy.

Yup that thread! :grin: And yes, I re-wet my hair today and added a tad bit more vaseline.

lilsparkle825

i do that all the time. even better with aquaphor. :ninja:

my bestie's 15 y/o sister did this for a while once her mom let her straighten her hair...for 15 years she wasnt allowed to do anything to it other than put it in a bun, plaits or ponytails so she went CRAZY once she got the green light. she would cover it with vaseline and run the flat iron through it on a regular basis. that was a surefire way to go from BSL to SL, and QUICKLY. (idk whether her hair was wet or dry, but i had seen her flat iron her wet hair before so it wouldnt surprise me.)

Ganjababy

QUE???
I've never heard of using vaseline on HAIR!:nono:
I think I'm traumatized (sp) from when I was a kid, my gramma would cover me in vaseline before I headed off to school :lachen::lachen:

I haven't used any since I was 12... But I'll keep it in mind :look:

Thats sooo funny, I can relate though