Does anyone suffer from excessive shedding?!

SimpleKomplexity

Ladies I dunno what's the problem. I got my hair cut and relaxed I guess about 3 weeks ago. My hair has been shedding sooo much since then! I don't know if it's schoolwork, stress, or whatever, but everyday a big ball of it comes out when I comb. So...I stopped combing it. I just kept it in a bun for a week. Combed it out today and still lots and lots of shedding.

What are some ideas to ease the shedding? Garlic pills? Hair sprays?

Glamorous_chic

only thing i know of are garlic tabs and garlic shampoo and conditioners. i'm suffering from the same thing, not sure if its what i normally shed, and just never paid attention before or what. but i've started taking garlic tabs, and i bought alter ego garlic conditioner a few months back, and have been using it.

vie

hi ladies i used to shed so so bad on top of that, when i was sitting reading a book hair would just fall from my head. that was during the time when i would get touch ups. first what helped my hair fall, i believe was using supplements like taking omega 3, along w/a good multi vitamin and increasing my b vitamins. not just biotin but B complete complex and then using ayervedic products i.e. amla, brami and henna on my hair. i began seeing the hair stay on my hair and grow longer than when i was in high school . i hope this help

Leesh

Would it be actual Shed Hair or Breakage?, that would make a World of difference, then You will know where to start, being as though there are different steps to take, depending on which of these two Your hair is going through.

SimpleKomplexity

It's not breaking, thank God. But it's shedding a LOT! I dunno what could be causing it. When I omb is just comes out in patches. Could I have gotten a bad touch up or something. Diet not on point? I have no idea!

Glamorous_chic

could just be seasonal shedding. back when i was going to my stylist regularly, i asked her about it, b/c i was afraid all my hair was falling out, and she said it was seasonal, and nothing to be concerned about.

Leesh

I know its Sorry to say, cause Who wants to hear it, but shedding is absolutely Natural, there's not much You can do to completely stop it, but there are measures You can take to slow it down, like using Garlic, as a supplement, as well as cosmetic, like in your Shampoos and Conditioners, and hairdresses as well, but as Glamorous stated prior, it can be Seasonal, which Most of us go through, So don't fret My Sister, Its Absolutely Normal.