Excessive Shedding Questions.

FrizzMizz

Okay guys I don't if this is normal but when I twirl the ends of my hair/curls, a whole bunch of hair comes out. This after my hair has been air-dry after a conditioner wash. I know hair is supposed to shed but c'mon now. This can't be normal?

I've been shedding like crazy since late March.

Okay here we go:

Why do people recommend trimining that it shedding excessively? If your hair sheds from the root then triming the ends shouldn't have any effect on that.

I think my diet is good but I eat alot of protein filled foods but
Is there some specific vitamin deficiency that is associated with hair loss/excessive shedding?

henrilou

Trimming is a solution for split ends. not shedding. I think that you should make sure that your iron intake is adequate. Vitamins ARE a solution for shedding as they get at the ROOT of the problem and increase nutrients to your scalp and follicle. Make sure you are taking at minimum: a multi (centrum is EXCELLENT), a vitamin that is specific for hair& nails (GNC makes great ones) and a supplement like BIOTIN. From here you can add more. But results WILL come from this system alone. NOTE: vitamins will do nothing for hair that is already out of your head. You will not have thicker, fuller hair. But if you pay attention to your NEW GROWTH you will see results there.