Does anyone use motions relaxers, the regular one or herbal ones

gymfreak336

I have been looking into trying the mild herbal relaxer because I use the neutralizig condtioner from this line and I love it. I was just wondering what were your experiences with motions relaxers.

gymfreak336 said:
I have been looking into trying the mild herbal relaxer because I use the neutralizig condtioner from this line and I love it. I was just wondering what were your experiences with motions relaxers.

a lot of people had bad experiences with motion relaxers myself included. when i used it my hair was underprocessed in the front and it didnt have that relaxer bling that you usually get after a perm. when i switched to mizani it actually looked like i just got a relaxer.

locabouthair said:
a lot of people had bad experiences with motion relaxers myself included. when i used it my hair was underprocessed in the front and it didnt have that relaxer bling that you usually get after a perm. when i switched to mizani it actually looked like i just got a relaxer.

Thanks for your feedback

I think that navsegda used the Herbals relaxer. From what I recall, though, Motions relaxers generally got a thumbs down from LHCF members. Not exactly sure why, though.

When you say Herbals, is that the silkening relaxer in the green jar/yellow lid?

I've used that one and for the most part it got my hair BONE straight, which I liked but I did get a good amount of scalp burning also. I've only used the regular strength, I don't use anything stronger regardless of relaxer. I would have stayed with it (for straightening) but the scalp burns were just a :naughty:. My hair also had great shine when I smoothed it bone straight, otherwise it was rather dull looking. I used it for about 4 applications before finally calling it quits.

I love the Neutralizing Poo and Conditioner though.

I won't go back to it.

My hair didn't like motions. It left me underprocessed and lead to breakage. I later had to get a corrective to fix it.

Motions Oil Relaxer, regular formula, works very well with my resistant hair. It doesn't make it too straight and leave my hair feeling "stripped". I strayed from it to try Affirm and Mizani and now I'm right back to Motions.

LovelyZ said:
Motions Oil Relaxer, regular formula, works very well with my resistant hair. It doesn't make it too straight and leave my hair feeling "stripped". I strayed from it to try Affirm and Mizani and now I'm right back to Motions.
I am the same way...my first perm was Motions Regular, then I switched to the Herbals Regular. Once I switched to ORS No-Lye Regular and not even 2 days later did I have major breakage all over my back and shoulders...I decided then that if it's not broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!
Many LHCFs complain that Motions leaves their hair underprocessed and I don't really know if it does that to my hair...I think that its actually better for my hair as I still have texture. I don't know how helpful I'm being as I have only tried 3 perms as an adult (2 being Motions)...but I am an advocate for Motions as I don't like bone straight lifeless hair.

Hey girl :D

I use Motions Oil Moisturizer in Mild. My hair is such that it's not bone straight but not texlaxed either, y'know what I mean? It's soft and shiny, too. I don't have to leave it on that long to straighten it, maybe 15 min max. I'm pretty meticulous a/b basing my scalp so burning hasn't been an issue for me.

IMO if you don't have really fine hair, it might not be as effective for you.

HTH

I used Motions mild from 1997 til 1999 to texturize my very short scalp hair. I also use it now to texturize. Its safe and predictable on my resilient bush.
I would never use it for bone straight hair because its too mild. :)

locabouthair said:

Motions forced me to go natural a few years ago. A so-called stylist convinced me to use Motions and it eventually took globs of hair out...so much so that I was forced to BC and went natural. This was just my experience, though. Since then, I cringe when someone mentions Motion products. Coincidentially, I've heard so much about Motions CPR that I went out and bought it. :lachen:

Back