does anyone wash their hair in the sink?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i always run out of hot water in the shower! plus i dont like having hopping in and out the shower it i want to DC especially in this cold!.:nono:

Aireen

I used to if someone else was in the shower but now I rather just save myself the extra tangles and backache. :perplexed

Tiye

It's hard to rinse your hair properly in your average residential sink. If I had a deep bowl and a set up with a spray nozzle like a professional salon then I'd use the sink (maybe I should look into getting that kind of set up :) ).

sensi sweetie

I usually just hop in the shower even though it can be an annoyance.

Rinsing off in the sink sounds like a lot of conditioner residue splashing up onto my face, which is NOT a good time for my skin :nono:

Krystle~Hime

I always do.
because if I am in the shower, I will have to take the shower head with one hand and it's not practical.
but when I do it in the sink, I have my two hands. I prefer it like that.

iri9109

my mom went in on me for washing my hair in the shower after i stopped up the tub, so then i started washing my hair in the laundry room sink which is big...sometimes i'll cowash in the shower or just wet it, but i always rinse out my cassia and ayurvedic powders in the sink, and when i had a weave and when my hair was rinsed black, i would wash it in the sink in the laundry room too.

SuchaLady

I do. For the life of me I cant wash my hair properly in the shower and I cant deal with all that water in my face.

Nasdaq_Diva

I prefer to wash in the tub. Most times it's the sink. I always run out of hot water if I try to CW in the shower.

destine2grow

I wash my hair in the sink. I have one of those sink heads that comes off and you can use to get the back of your hair. I actually love washing my hair in the sink. If I wash in the shower I feel like I am not clean and have to shower after each step. That is too much work for me, so I mostly shampoo/cowash in the shower and finish the other steps in the sink.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I would rather the sink as I don't like getting in/out (poo) and in/out (rinse condish)the shower. I found I was tangling way too much with sink washing, unfortunately.

@Nasdaq_Diva: I too run out of hot water sometimes, especially now that it's cold. I've entertained the tub but can't seem to position my head/body right. Seems like my tub has too much extra thickness on the side for me to bend over it and stick head under faucet. :spinning:

Mz.MoMo5235

i used to wash my hair in the sink when my hair was shorter. now that its longer its more difficult to get rinsed and everything in the sink.

but now my hair is too long to where i dont have enough hot water in the tub to wash my butt and my hair :lol: so what i've been doing is taking a shower at nite to wash my body and a shower in the morning to wash my hair.

if i actually dc (which is rare now lol) i apply dc on dry hair. let it sit then jump in the shower. i use the dc kind of like a co-wash and clean my scalp while i'm rinsing it out

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I wash my hair in the sink. I can't stand doing it in the shower at all, having to get fully wet in the shower to shampoo, hop out, then deep condition, then hop back in again. No ma'am....

I wash my hair in braids anyway....leaving a little conditioner on your hair after a rinse is not a bad thing either....

MizzBrown

The sink. Just easier that way b/c I can DC longer.

I also don't like having to get in the shower 2-3 times. And for some reason I get disgusted at the thought of all the dirt, and product residue from my hair running over my skin in the shower.

Yeah I could wash it off but my skin is too sensitive to be washing myself raw just to wash my hair.

Napp

Ms. Nobody

I also don't like having to get in the shower 2-3 times. And for some reason I get disgusted at the thought of all the dirt, and product residue from my hair running over my skin in the shower.

Yeah I could wash it off but my skin is too sensitive to be washing myself raw just to wash my hair.[/QUOTE]

this is exactly how i feel especially the bolded.

Qurlyqt

Only if I'm doing a quick conditioner wash prior to getting under the steamer. I also don't like hopping in and out of the shower.

Curlybeauty

I did today. I did a HOT on dry hair, and I didn't want all that oil running over me and making my shower slippery.

So I washed and rinsed in the sink, applied my DC, and rinsed that out in the shower after I cleaned up shop.

DivaD04

I don't really care where I poo....in the shower/sink. My only thing is if I use the sink (kitchen), I use a hair stopper and I like to use my poo hose and when I'm in the shower, I like to use my handheld shower head.
For my dd, I poo her hair in the sink.
Maybe, just maybe, one day I'll have a salon set up in my house so that way I could use a poo bowl instead.

BlackMasterPiece

I wash/condition in the shower, I rinse out my DC (and detangle if necessary) in the sink, that really saves water. We have one of those deep sinks with separate spray nozzle so its really nice and can accommodate all my hair.

Sometimes I do the whole process in the sink but lately its been the above. Now that I'm box braiding my hair the whole process will go at the speed of light!:grin:

SuchaLady

Yeah I could wash it off but my skin is too sensitive to be washing myself raw just to wash my hair.

Same here. My skin is dry as the Sahara as it is just with my one shower a day. I cant imagine getting in there repeatedly to wash my hair. :nono:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
The sink: I don't want to get in and out of the shower; the most I do in the shower is CW, and even then I'm lazy about it. With sink washing, all I'm focused on is my hair in the shower I'm trying to wash my a$$, shave, exfoliate, sing (badly...lol), etc. too many distractions...

LiftedUp

I do. I don't like having to clean hair out the shower or drain or having to hop in and out of the shower.

I have a special cup I use to wet my hair thoroughly and rise it thoroughly. It works better than those shower hoses. Also I detangle my hair before washing.

The rare occasion that I do cowash I do it in the shower or when I wash my hair when it's in braids.