Does it matter when I protective style

tmhuggiebear

Are protective styles more effective during certain times of the day?

See, I'm a recent college graduate and will be looking for/starting a new job soon. My desired industry is definitely focused on appearance. All I wear are buns and from several threads on here about it, I highly doubt that buns in the office everyday will be well received.

Normally, I bun during the day and wear my hair loose during the evening/night when i'm at home. I figured that when the time comes and I start working, I could do the opposite and just have my hair loose during the day and then bun during the evening/night. I know most usually bun or protective style during the day to protect hair from wind and other elements etc. So I'm curious as to whether or not bunning during the night would be just as effective as during the day. Does the time of day even matter?

My Friend

I wouldn't think the time of day would matter as much as what you are doing all day. If you can only PS while at home, then that will just have to do. A lot of people on the board hardly ever wear buns. I'm sure more people will chime in.

LadyPaniolo

There are other ways to protective style while out and about other than just buns. There are some fabulous half wigs that nobody would suspect are not your real hair. That way you can maintain the appearance you need for work and still further your hair goals.

I think that PSing during the day is more valuable to your long term success than doing it in the evening/night. During the day your hair is exposed to frigid cold air, then booming heaters that suck moisture out and then out into the cold again... this can really take a toll. Not to mention that you are moving around much more, giving more chance for your hair to rub on clothes and upholstery.

If you do decide to wear your hair down during the day, be sure to pamper it 6 ways from sunday. Keep your protein/moisture balance on point, and cover it the instant you get home.

HHG

tmhuggiebear

Hey ladies thanks for the input. Yea, i'm aware that there other things to do besides bunning. The problem is that I am style challenged. So until I finally master another style and manage to make it look the way it is supposed to I'm going to have to bun. I've also been looking for some accesories to dress up my bun.

I guess when i start bunning at night I can up my dc to twice a week rather than just once a week and really step up my moisturizing.