Does Silk Protein work with relaxers like Phtospecific?

C

chica_canella

Hey, I forgot which member made the thread, I think she is a Chemist but if you are reading this, I was wondering some things about silk protein. Can it be used for relaxers like Phytospecific and I think you said berfore that Phyto was made from a Mushroom chemical.

Also, an informative Phyto thread said you can overlap relaxers when doing a touch up. Can I over lap Phyto with ORS Regular Relaxer kit?

Thanks

chica_canella said:
Hey, I forgot which member made the thread, I think she is a Chemist but if you are reading this, I was wondering some things about silk protein. Can it be used for relaxers like Phytospecific and I think you said berfore that Phyto was made from a Mushroom chemical.

Also, an informative Phyto thread said you can overlap relaxers when doing a touch up. Can I over lap Phyto with ORS Regular Relaxer kit?

Thanks

Hello Chica_Canella,

Yesterday's thread was started by Navsegda. Do a search on silk protein and it will pop up. I'm not sure how to add the link.

I'm sure that silk protein will work with any chemical treatment, phytospecific relaxer included. I plan to try it soon.

I was online a minute ago looking at a product by http://www.aurorasilk.com/shop/silk_shampoo.shtml. I am considering buying that.

BTW,

You shouldn't overlap any relaxer with any other relaxer. I use Phyto too.

chica_canella said:

Thanks
I'm a neuroscientist with published medical research, but you can't be any type of scientist without understanding chemistry because chemistry is the foundation of all the sciences, as well as all the matter in this world. Anyway, you wanted an answer to your question, not a science lesson hahaha. :lachen:

Yes, silk protein can be used with Phyto. Silk Protein can be used with any relaxer. Its purpose is to protect the hair from being damaged by the alkaline chemicals in the relaxer, and Phyto (along will all relaxers) contains an alkaline chemical (in Phyto's case, the guanidine carbonate, which they said on their website came from "mushroom salts").

You should be able to do both without any problem. I have yet to try the silk protein, but I have relaxed over Phyto hair with no problem. Hope this helps.

Adrian said:
You should be able to do both without any problem. I have yet to try the silk protein, but I have relaxed over Phyto hair with no problem. Hope this helps.

Hey, Adrian. You said you relaxed over Phyto hair w/ no problem. I didn't have a Phyto perm last time I did a relaxer. I used ORS. Can I still use Phyto over it if it overlaps by accident?

Thanks Navasgeda for all the helpful info.

navsegda said:
I'm a neuroscientist with published medical research, but you can't be any type of scientist without understanding chemistry because chemistry is the foundation of all the sciences, as well as all the matter in this world. Anyway, you wanted an answer to your question, not a science lesson hahaha. :lachen:

Yes, silk protein can be used with Phyto. Silk Protein can be used with any relaxer. Its purpose is to protect the hair from being damaged by the alkaline chemicals in the relaxer, and Phyto (along will all relaxers) contains an alkaline chemical (in Phyto's case, the guanidine carbonate, which they said on their website came from "mushroom salts").

This may be a stupid question, but is Silk Protein compatible w/ all hair types? I'm a 4a/b but my hair is fine and it's fickle when it comes to protein.

LadyJ76 said:
This may be a stupid question, but is Silk Protein compatible w/ all hair types? I'm a 4a/b but my hair is fine and it's fickle when it comes to protein.

It should be. You can use a light silk protein or moisturize very well before and after using one.

navsegda said:

I was wondering what your background was. You seem to have an understanding of some of the issues you posted about.

chica_canella said:
Hey, Adrian. You said you relaxed over Phyto hair w/ no problem. I didn't have a Phyto perm last time I did a relaxer. I used ORS. Can I still use Phyto over it if it overlaps by accident?

Thanks Navasgeda for all the helpful info.

I don't see why you couldn't.

Back