Does ur hair grow faster in the back? mine does..

karen

Hello,

I measured the new growth in the hair eversince I've dyed it brown, the new growth is black, well guess what ?
at first I measure the top of my head and it seem like the new growth was about 2 inches and then I took out some hair from the back of my head and I look at the new black hair growth and it's about 2.5 inches or maybe a bit more, this is really weird cause I thought all the hairs on my head grow the same rate, well I got excited about this too cause I've always been measuring my hair at the top and use that as my growth rate and now I've found out that the back of my hair grow faster, lol
so I guess my growth rate is a bit faster than what I thought in the back

Peachtree

After a touch up, my "top" begins to grow in 1st. Then, all of a sudden my "back area" seems to have a growth spurt & surpasses the top, like now
. I don't understand why this happens, but hey, I'm not complaining
!!!

twinietwintwin

I noticed that when i have my hair in cornrows my back is always the first to get new growth.... i can tell then and i just dyed my hair a few weeks ago and i can see the dark hairs in the back and they're much longer than my dark hairs in the front of the hair.... God bless

Crystal

B

ballet_bun

My hair seems to grow faster in the back too. However, it also seems to grow a lot on the top in the middle. But right now, there's a lot of new growth in the back!

I wonder why that is ... I hear a lot people say there hair grows faster in the back, hmmmm.

ballet bun ....

EbonyEyes

Same here. I'm in braids right now and I have much more new growth in the back than anywhere else.

Ebony

Country gal

My hair grows faster in the back too. Which is good because the back of my hair is past my shoulders. I just wish the front would catch up.

laketta

My hair grows faster in the front. This isn't a bad thing but I am trying to get my hair to my shoulders by December. I wish the back of my head would grow as fast as my top.

karen

Hi,

wow I didn't know so many ppl have the same thing going. wells the reason why I don't mind this happening at all is because I like my hair to be layered, so if the bottom grow faster then it's fine cause I'm gonna get a layered cut next year when my hair grows out anyway.

Nacai23

The hair grows faster in the back as well. Put it like this, I can cut my hair with clippers in the back and it will surpass the front in no time. My hair in the back is already about half an inch past my shoulders. Just waiting for the top to catch up... This is why I don't bother cutting it into a shape anymore (bob cut).

Nessa

My hair grows so much fast in the front. If it was as long as the back. I would have had shoulder length.

A

AmilLion

Same with me.....the back and middle of my head grow like wild flowers. The sides and the front grows at snails pace and I hate this.

Kamilla16

[ QUOTE ]
Same with me.....the back and middle of my head grow like wild flowers. The sides and the front grows at snails pace and I hate this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto

ny2atl

My hair did a flip. It used to grow like weeds in the front but now it doesn't grow as fast in the front as it does in the back. I'm happy with my growth but would love to see it grow evenly all over. Wishful thinking huh?

soslychic

My hair grows SO much faster in the back, I don't know what's up with that. How do you all trim your hair (all those with that same issue) Do you trim it all one length or just keep in layed looking (does it look righ that way)

karen

HEllo,

I don't trim my hair at all now cause I'm waiting for it to grow long and I'm gonna get a small haircut/trim. Does anyone know why the hair grow faster in the back? well, this is my theory, I think that the scalp towards the back have more heat because all the hair at the front cover and buried the hair in the back and middle so it keeps the heat inside and so your hair grow faster cause it's warmer? if this is true, I think I'll start wearing some sort of hair cap or towel so to keep the "heat" in.

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

Victorian

old head
Re: Does ur hair grow faster in the back? mine doe

my hair in the top grows faster. My hair in the back is about 2 inches shorter than the rest. My left side grows faster than the right side. My mom will even it up for me and the next time I have a relaxer or whatever it's uneven again. My scalp just does all sorts of
things