Does your hair retain more moisture in braids or twists?

which helps you retain more moistere?

• Twists

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Braids

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Both

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fhrizzball

I plait my hair every night but recently I wake up and it's as dry like there's nothing in it. I thought it was my products so I switched to more DC's a combo or liquid and cream moisturizer and and oil to seal it in now. Now why it's not a desert in the morning just a dying pond? So I figure maybe twists will help me keep more moisture in than braids.

The problem with twists for me though is that I tend to always miss a twist when I undo them. That or when I twirl the ends my hair develops balls on the end. I think I can solve that with detangling more often as opposed to just fingercombing. Then there's the fact that it takes awhile to get my natural curls back because my hair just holds on to twist styles something fierce even when I detangle in the shower.

But anyways which style helps you hold onto moisture better and why do you think that is. Or maybe it's the products you're using...

oooop2

Well nothing holds moisture in my hair better than my WnG ponytail.

But I've also found that applying an aloe-vera mix to my twist at night and placing them in a loose ponytail, then spritzing in the morning help me maintain moisture when wearing twist styles.

Casarela

Hi Kusare,

From my past experiences (with braids only) I havent tried twists because they dont seem to hold. Anyhow, when I spritz daily my hair retain moisture pretty well ONLY if I spritz on a daily basis, if not it becomes dry as I dont know what. Im refering to braids w/ extension. with my hair only ( never really tried).

stardust1222

I voted for braids but it's really for cornrows which I've been doing my self for a year with just my own hair but not only did I obtained more moisture but was able to hold own to my growth that way. I deep condition and wash in them twice a week moisture and seal once a day with hawain silky 14 in 1 thanks Tiffers then seal with world of curls gel mixed with hollywood beauty olive cream in a jar I do this at night then baggy in the morning I put my wig over the top of my baggy and a hat over my wig since it's been bittin cold here in Philly and scared that cold wind wind would snap my 4b fragile strands like a twig if left exposed to the harsh elements with indoor dry heat and all.

anherica

I voted for twists. I'm not really sure why, but when my hair is loose..Sahara, doesn't matter how much butter, moisturizer or water I throw at it. Braids come in a close second, but for some reason my ends get a tad crispy when I have them in. Twists are my best friend. As for product, I just use my shea butter mixed with aloe vera gel and oil. I use the same thing to moisturize during the week.

Last edited: