Dominican Cocktail - What's in yours???

janeemat

I just received several Domican products today and I plan to do a nice cocktail tomorrow for my deep cond. These are now in my rotation and I would like to use them to get the most benefits. I read an old post from Anky about being in PR and having different cond mix together as a treat. I already had the Silicon Mix, 10 en one, Olive Oil Cond, Olive Oil Leave in and Lacio Lacio. I just received :
Nacidit Olive Oil Rinses
Nacidit Olive Oil Poo
Miss Key Wheat Germ Hair Treatment
Miss Key Avocado & Aloe Vera Hair Treatment
Crom Emergencia
Nacidit Wheat Germ Rinse

I plan to mix at least 5 to make my cocktail. I just don't know which ones yet? I plan to order more in a couple of weeks. Soon I'll figure out what I like best.

anything wrong with your hair? what do you want to "cure?" do you want shiny hair? do you want a scalp treatment? Stronger hair?

Thanks Anky. There is nothing wrong with my hair. It's doing quite well. I've just been experiencing with Dominican products lately and really loving them. I just figured that I could through in a cocktail every now and then. I'm just trying to keep a good healthy head of hair and to eventually reach APL. By the way, your hair is gorgeous!

Re: i need help please

prettygirlatl said:
i have 4b hair. i need tips to grow my hair. please help!!!

Check out DSD. A Newcomer's Guide To Starting Out (a one stop thread for newbies-with tutorial and loads of information). This is where I got my start.

I just used a Dominican Cocktail yesterday. I haven't in about a year, but I decided to try and use up all my Dominican conditioners. Yesterday I use a cocktail with equal parts of Silicon Mix, 10en1 (the original one) and Emergencia. I did it as a deep conditioner, which I hardly ever do, but my hair needed the TLC. :) It turned out nice. :)

The Silicon Mix's fragrance is lingering BIGTIME. They don't play with whatever perfume they use in that stuff!! I am not sure I really like that, but its all good. The cocktail made my hair feel nice and soft and moisturized.

HoneyDew said:
I just used a Dominican Cocktail yesterday. I haven't in about a year, but I decided to try and use up all my Dominican conditioners. Yesterday I use a cocktail with equal parts of Silicon Mix, 10en1 (the original one) and Emergencia. I did it as a deep conditioner, which I hardly ever do, but my hair needed the TLC. :) It turned out nice. :)

The Silicon Mix's fragrance is lingering BIGTIME. They don't play with whatever perfume they use in that stuff!! I am not sure I really like that, but its all good. The cocktail made my hair feel nice and soft and moisturized.

I was just telling CantBeCopied that I can still smell the Silicon Mix in my hair this morning from my roller set...I like it though. I used the shampoo, conditioner and leave in so the smell might be here to stay for awhile:lol:

I usually use for a cocktail 10 en 1, Alter Ego(technically this is not a Dominican product), Silk Worm or Sole of Cinnamon. I always use Motions Moisture plus in all my cocktails too.

anky said:
anything wrong with your hair? what do you want to "cure?" do you want shiny hair? do you want a scalp treatment? Stronger hair?

:D Please do share some of your cocktails or where I could locate especially for scalp treatments and stronger hair. Thanks in advance!

Ladybug

Ladybug516 said:
:D Please do share some of your cocktails or where I could locate especially for scalp treatments and stronger hair. Thanks in advance!

Ladybug

Ladybug, Anky pm'd me and share this information with me. I'm sure she does not mind me sharing it. She will probably chime in if you need more info. She quoted:

When people buy dominican products from me, I always ask them the condition of their hair, then what they would like to achieve. Different ingredients in conditioners do different things for the hair. If I sound like a broken record, I apologize greatly. Make cocktails by what you think your hair needs most:

Olive oil= softness, moisturizing
Wheat Germ= shine
Avocado= moisturizing
Collagen (Emergencia)= adds body and elasticity
Silk protein (lacio lacio)= elasticity
Cyclomethicone (silicon mix, 10 en 1)= Shine

janeemat..thanks for posting that info Anky sent you. i have my share of Dom products at home...that I could make a "cocktail" with.

Thanks ladies!!:grin: :grin:

Back