Dominican Rinses: How Do You Use Them?

KiniKakes

I get my hair washed at the salon.... and they basically use the rinse conditioner for detangling purposes. First they poo you with the Aceite de Oliva shampoo. This is followed by saturating the hair with a generous amount of RINSE. Only when your hair is fully saturated with the rinse do they start to comb/detangle. Its wonderful! THe comb practically glides right thru ure hair when its lathered with the rinse.... and thats saying a LOT, considering i dont comb at all during the week, and usually show up at that salon with my hair in wretched tangles. :eek: But anyway, after combing the hair out (using the rinse) and rinsing with water, they put in the DC of your choice (I like the Avacado Cholesterol Cream Conditioner).

I like the Rinse Aceite de Olive by Capile or Nacidit.

KiniKakes

Cioccolata said:
:lachen: too funny. this is me at the end of the week too

:lol: I know the washer is always wondering what the HECK is this girl doing to her hair during the week that its so tangled! :lachen: Cuz i know most folks comb every day and do NOT come with their hair all tangled up like me. *smh* Hey, what can i say. Im avoiding unnecessary breakage, for real! The only thing that comes out in that wash bowl is natural shedding from the week. HOLLA!!!!

But yeah, the Dominican Rinse definitely helps in terms of the detangling. Without that jont, i know i'd lose way more hair.

CAPlush

ok, so the rinse goes before the deep conditioner? i would have done it all wrong, I would have used it after the deep conditioner. does the rinse lather up?

e$h

LocksOfLuV said:
How do you use Dominican Rinses to aid in detangling?

And which ones would you say give you the most slip?

Oooh girl thanks for asking this question. No wonder it didn't work for me. I have 2 bottles of Capilo milk n honey and I really was about to give em up because my hair was like:look: . Come to find out, I was using it wrong. I'll give it another try next wash day.

Dare~to~Dream

KiniKakes said:
I get my hair washed at the salon.... and they basically use the rinse conditioner for detangling purposes. First they poo you with the Aceite de Oliva shampoo. This is followed by saturating the hair with a generous amount of RINSE. Only when your hair is fully saturated with the rinse do they start to comb/detangle. Its wonderful! THe comb practically glides right thru ure hair when its lathered with the rinse.... and thats saying a LOT, considering i dont comb at all during the week, and usually show up at that salon with my hair in wretched tangles. :eek: But anyway, after combing the hair out (using the rinse) and rinsing with water, they put in the DC of your choice (I like the Avacado Cholesterol Cream Conditioner).

I like the Rinse Aceite de Olive by Capile or Nacidit.

Thanks for explaining! I have most of these products and have yet to use them but I was going to use the deep conditioner first and then the rinse as the final instant conditioner/detangler.

buttaflye03

CAPlush said:
ok, so the rinse goes before the deep conditioner? i would have done it all wrong, I would have used it after the deep conditioner. does the rinse lather up?

At my Dominican Salon, they use the Rinse after the conditioner (unless you are one of those who does not use conditioner :eek: :naughty: ). This way your hair is detangled and ready for rollersetting. I'm not sure which one they use at mine but I have a bottle of 12 en 1 Todo Completo Rinse Natural. Works well but the one at the salon works really well especially when I have a lot of NG.

Since Kini's salon does it the other way around I guess it works either way. It makes sense too, because their conditioners give a lot of slip.

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

I use the Praital Silk Worm rinse, after I deep condition. Luv, luv, luv it. For me the rinse helps detangle and smooth my hair without having to use water that is too cool.

Carla From VA

I should really turn my computer off. Now I am about to buy some more darn products. My bathroom cabinets runneth over as it is. I have not one but two shower holders full of poo, conditioners, homemade concoctions. There is barely any room in there to bathe. I cannot control the urge to buy more hair products. Thanks ladies. :)

Carla From VA

Well, I did it, I just went to RoundBrush and ordered the Lacio Lacio leave in, the avocado deep conditioner, the acetite de olivia shampoo, and the acetite de olivia rinse. Where am I going to put all this stuff? :))

Babygurl

I use Capilo Milk and Honey and Capilo Sole and Cinnamon for detangling. In the shower Ill slather it on for about 2 minutes and then do my final rinse, this is especially good after I deep condition. I also use the Milk and Honey as a leave-in.

scorpian

I have Lafier almond and honey rinse I use the rinse after shampooing before deep conditioning

I haven't tried it after deep cond or as a leave in yet

LocksOfLuV

OOh, I get it now. I am DEF. going to try it. I am gonna try it Kini's salon's way first, and if that doesn't work I will try Butta's salon's way.

Round Brush sent me some samples of a rinse. But no one mentioned them and the ingredients are wack. Oh Well I will try it anyways. It's called Lafier.

LocksOfLuV

scorpian said:
I have Lafier almond and honey rinse I use the rinse after shampooing before deep conditioning

I haven't tried it after deep cond or as a leave in yet

I have Lafier, mines must be the plan edition because it doesn't have honey and almond in it.

scorpian

LocksOfLuV said:
I have Lafier, mines must be the plan edition because it doesn't have honey and almond in it.

Lafier has several kinds of rinses but I've only tried one but there are 4 listed on the ibeauty ny site
1. almond and honey
2. desrizol
3. lanolin
4. almond

www.ibeautyny.com

LABETT

My favorites are the Sole & Cinnamon and Praital Silk Worm Rinses.
I have tried a few and these give me the best results.
I have used them before and after deep conditioning with great results.

buttaflye03

Carla From VA said:
Well, I did it, I just went to RoundBrush and ordered the Lacio Lacio leave in, the avocado deep conditioner, the acetite de olivia shampoo, and the acetite de olivia rinse. Where am I going to put all this stuff? :))

I bought this today too (among other things AGAIN). I might exchange it tomorrow though. My mom uses this one from Luk's and swears by it. It supposed to be good for hair loss prevention and the ingredients seem better. It has Olive oil, Rosemary , and Berbena (?) but the ingredients also lists some other oils such as Jojoba.

Dare~to~Dream

I'm going to try using the rinse before the conditioner the next time. I used the Praital Silk worm rinse as my final rinse out/detangler and I felt that the Praital Silk Worm Moisturizing Créme was more moisturizing and detangling than the rinse (Gosh, it was :love: at first contact...the tangles melted and my hair was moisturized instantly...the shampoo was good too). I'm hoping that I have better results with the rinse by using it differently (as posted in this thread) next time...

gn1g

I have the milk and honey. I hate the way it smells, but I'm going to try using it Kini's way.

Ok you girls have started something with that shammmmmmmmpoo. I guess I'll try it to. I've been hearing so much about it.

Angelicus

I personally love Nacidit Avocado Rinse, but Nacidit Olive Oil Rinse goes much faster. Praital is awesome too! I agree with KiniKakes posts above... use after deep conditioning. :love:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I use the Milk and Honey by Capilo and I :love: it, I normally use it as a final comb through after deep conditioning, or as a protector on my already relaxed ends on relaxer day. I've even tried it as a pre-poo b4.

buttaflye03

anky said:
I personally love Nacidit Avocado Rinse, but Nacidit Olive Oil Rinse goes much faster. Praital is awesome too! I agree with KiniKakes posts above... use after deep conditioning. :love:

I bought the Avocado Rinse and Loved it! It's much better than the 12 en 1 that I already had. I'm still using it after my conditioner. I haven't tried Kini's way yet but I'm planning to. I'm soon going to buy the Praital Silk Worm Rinse. I found a BSS that sells salon sizes of the Dominican products! :love:

MissFallon

I use the dominican rinses for co-washing. I also use them after deep conditioning. It makes my hair really soft and almost straightens out my ng. When my hair airdries it is really soft and even my ends are smooth w/o having to use heat. I use the nacidit olive oil, silicon mix (i only use the rinse, hate the conditioner), Sedal and some others. I have a dominican bss on the corner of my house so I have to pass it everyday and can't resist temptation:look: I actually like the domincan rinses better than the deep conditioners

buttaflye03

MissFallon said:
I use the dominican rinses for co-washing. I also use them after deep conditioning. It makes my hair really soft and almost straightens out my ng. When my hair airdries it is really soft and even my ends are smooth w/o having to use heat. I use the nacidit olive oil, silicon mix (i only use the rinse, hate the conditioner), Sedal and some others. I have a dominican bss on the corner of my house so I have to pass it everyday and can't resist temptation:look: I actually like the domincan rinses better than the deep conditioners

My mom has a BSS at the corner of her block too. They carry just about everything. I can't resist walking in there.

locabouthair

MissFallon said:

that's why whenever i leave the salon it seems like i barely have any ng. I swear I go to the salon and I always bring my own products and like u said my ng is straightened but when i use my same products at home my ng isnt smooth. i knew they were putting something else in my hair after they washed out the conditioner, now i think it's the rinse.

man and I just found a BSS that sells dominican products for cheap. Now I am tempted to go there again.