Don't forget about cross wraps ladies.

Isis

sweetcashew said:
I wasn't planning to post but for you ladies who are now trying this, here's what I do.
I part the hair in two with my fingers, grab each section and cross it, making sure one section is tight and smooth then I pin it into place. Then I do the same with the other section. Then I bring each section around my head making sure it's smooth and the front of my hair is smooth also.
Then I tie my hair with a hair net so that I can slide out all the pins. Then I put my scarf over that. My hair usually comes out bone straight. With an occasional wave if I toss a lot but the same thing happens if you wrap the traditional way.
Thanks for sharing this Sweetcashew. Are you smoothing your hair with your hands or do you use a comb?

sweetcashew

Isis said:
Thanks for sharing this Sweetcashew. Are you smoothing your hair with your hands or do you use a comb?

I use my hands but using the comb gets it even smoother. It's just not necessary for me.

LovelyLionessa

Peachtree said:
I began cross wrapping after seeing a tutorial in Carefree's album
I use it to stretch out my wash 'n gos :)

Thanks for the tip, I checked out Carefree's fotki and I really like that method. I'm gonna try this tonight. :D

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Peachtree said:
I began cross wrapping after seeing a tutorial in Carefree's album
I use it to stretch out my wash 'n gos :)
Hmmm....great idea. I never thought of doing it for wng's.

santia

Ok. I've read and read and read the tutorial and I still can't get it right. Are there any tips?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Ok. I've read and read and read the tutorial and I still can't get it right. Are there any tips?

Just part your hair in two like you're doing two pigtails. Take one in each hand and cross one over the other like you're gonna twist it. Take the left section that you crossed and bring it around your head to your forehead and pin it in place, then take the right and do the same. That's the best way I can explain it. HTH

jrae

I wasn't planning to post but for you ladies who are now trying this, here's what I do.
I part the hair in two with my fingers, grab each section and cross it, making sure one section is tight and smooth then I pin it into place. Then I do the same with the other section. Then I bring each section around my head making sure it's smooth and the front of my hair is smooth also.
Then I tie my hair with a hair net so that I can slide out all the pins. Then I put my scarf over that. My hair usually comes out bone straight. With an occasional wave if I toss a lot but the same thing happens if you wrap the traditional way.
This is the trick for eliminating pin marks and/or damaging the hair.

I love cross-wrapping! :yep: