Don't kill me or her, but have ya'll seen this video?

Kirei

This video had me laughing so hard! What do ya'll think?

I loved it, 100% and I am natural but the whole "Your more black for being natural!" mess is irritating.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SwFuQZgXuI&feature=user

Listen: Please put on your best behavior and don't embarass LHCF, please. Please act like you were raised with sense, when you go to the video and don't leave dirty comments. :yep:

"My moma told me she put a relaxer in my hair b/c she wanted me to be a white girl!":lachen:

MissNina

Libra Girl
:lachen: This was hilarious and I'm mad I didn't do it first!

(I think I'm a better actress than her ahahaha)

Kirei

:lachen: This was hilarious and I'm mad I didn't do it first!

(I think I'm a better actress than her ahahaha)

Me too! I have a smart mouth and have said all those things to myself, it was funny to see someone else say them on camera! :lachen:

rnstyle, is crazy period!

bravenewgirl87

Women don't want to admit it, but this influx of "natural" beauty in the black community came from pressures forced upon us by*wait for it*

Black men. Because this is what men do: create a divide and conquer methodology to keep women under their thumb. The more you can break a woman down for the mundane attribute, the deeper her willingness to submit. A lot of black men are angry at black women for becoming successful and have been that way for years, so they've gone out of their way to destroy our self-esteem. It doesn't make a lick of sense for a man to be arguing that black women need to go natural and stop wearing weaves. Two seconds later, he pulls up in a Masserati with a white or latin women with a bloody Russian scalp with 40 yard of hair dangling from it, a life supply of Blonde hair dye, and a card to a plastic surgeon who specializes in disguising ethnic features in her hand. Do you have any idea how DEEP the plastic surgery craze is in Latin nations, yet no one has yet to speak out about it?
It doesn't make sense for black women to be forced to wear their hair natural when no one talks about the fact that the average black male keeps his hair in a certain style that DOES NOT reflect his African roots.
Its a shame that black women have allowed this rift to be drawn between the two groups (relaxed/natural) over something that is so silly. And it all boils down to low self-esteem and self worth. I'm not implying that all women who wear their hair natural have issues with themselves, but a lot of these Natural Nazis have one common theme: men. Somehow, hair will solve all the problems that black women and men been dealing with for centuries. Even if the problem existed long before Madame C.J. Walker's invention of the hot comb. Even in the problem transcends national borders. Even if it is affecting the youth. All we need to do is put down the relaxer?

Not adding up to me. Most of the natural nazis have issues. Has anyone else noticed that a certain owner of a popular natural hair forum is biracial? Yet... its been rumored that those with looser coils are not exactly embraced in their entirety? Now, you've got women attacking other women for their curls being less tight on YouTube? Don't follow the hype.

Last edited:

Hot40

Wow! :ohwell::look:
I could say more but Wow.
I believe in allowing people to be who they are.

I just this week talked to a freind about the mainstream
Attempting to put us all in one box.
Appears we are doing too.:nono:

Last edited:

Jazala

Women don't want to admit it, but this influx of "natural" beauty in the black community came from pressures forced upon us by*wait for it* Black men. Because this is what men do: create a divide and conquer methodology to keep women under their thumb. The more you can break a woman down for the mundane attribute, the deeper her willingness to submit. A lot of black men are angry at black women for becoming successful and have been that way for years, so they've gone out of their way to destroy our self-esteem.It doesn't make a lick of sense for a man to be arguing that black women need to go natural and stop wearing weaves. Two seconds later, he pulls up in a Masserati with a white or latin women with a bloody Russian scalp with 40 yard of hair dangling from it, a life supply of Blonde hair dye, and a card to a plastic surgeon who specializes in disguising ethnic features in her hand. Do you have any idea how DEEP the plastic surgery craze is in Latin nations, yet no one has yet to speak out about it?
It doesn't make sense for black women to be forced to wear their hair natural when no one talks about the fact that
the average black male keeps his hair in a certain style that DOES NOT reflect his African roots.
Its a shame that black women have allowed this rift to be drawn between the two groups (relaxed/natural) over something that is so silly. And it all boils down to low self-esteem and self worth. I'm not implying that all women who wear their hair natural have issues with themselves, but a lot of these Natural Nazis have one common theme: men. Somehow, hair will solve all the problems that black women and men been dealing with for centuries. Even if the problem existed long before Madame C.J. Walker's invention of the hot comb. Even in the problem transcends national borders. Even if it is affecting the youth. All we need to do is put down the relaxer?

Not adding up to me. Most of the natural nazis have issues. Has anyone else noticed that a certain owner of a popular natural hair forum is biracial? Yet... its been rumored that those with looser coils are not exactly embraced in their entirety? Now, you've got women attacking other women for their curls being less tight on YouTube? Don't follow the hype.

Interesting conspiracy theory but I have to disagree. IMHO, We need to stop making sweeping generalizations about black women and black men. This is what yt folks do to us all the time, as if one black person represents the entire race... What ever happened to treating one another as INDIVIDUALS?

tiara76

cute video

lol@natural hair nazi's

I definitely don't agree with women who don't wear their natural hair being attacked, to each his own...respect another's decision on what they want to do with their own self regardless of n e reason attached to it...when my friends ask me how come I went natural I have no problem telling them it has to do with my own personal issues...after my own soul searching journey and self honesty assessment I finally had to admit to myself all the years trying to convince myself I had no problem with my hair and I had started a truly unconditional love affair with myself....I always had high levels of self esteem, but true unconditional love wasn't going to surface until i accepted and embraced myself 100% and that means everything.....my natural hair is a part of me and I didnt take care of it, nurture it or love it for years and no matter how many times i tried to convince myself i wore weaves and got perms (although I could go for a couple years without a perm, weaves were my clutch) for variety or "growin it", it didnt take away from the truth that if i really didnt have a problem with my hair then i would love it and take care of it the way it should be taken care of because even braided up for weeks and months without proper care just meant i was growing out dry damaged unloved hair...there is a big difference and once I accepted it and allowed it to start breathing, taking care of it and loving and nurturing it I saw just how beautiful it really was, how soft it is and was amazed that i NEVER even knew what my natural hair was really like.....and yes I still do like variety and change and I dont do sew in or glue in weaves at all anymore but I will clip in a weave, wear a phonypony, throw on a half wig (something i can take in and out in a matter of minutes) but the difference is now I dont do it to cover up and hide my hair and I can wear my own hair out with no problem and still feel just as sexy and beautiful if not more....the afro fluff is one of my favorite hairstyles to wear....my own hair just fluffed out and pinned up on on side

I think the women who go natural and feel the need to attack other women who dont still have some major self issues goin on....a person who is really about self love and loving the self knows that when its genuine from within it shines without....can't express what you don't feel...negativity and hate spewed from the mouth towards anyone for any reason says alot about the self especially if its done on a regular basis....

sweetwhispers

Women don't want to admit it, but this influx of "natural" beauty in the black community came from pressures forced upon us by*wait for it*

Black men. Because this is what men do: create a divide and conquer methodology to keep women under their thumb. The more you can break a woman down for the mundane attribute, the deeper her willingness to submit. A lot of black men are angry at black women for becoming successful and have been that way for years, so they've gone out of their way to destroy our self-esteem. It doesn't make a lick of sense for a man to be arguing that black women need to go natural and stop wearing weaves. Two seconds later, he pulls up in a Masserati with a white or latin women with a bloody Russian scalp with 40 yard of hair dangling from it, a life supply of Blonde hair dye, and a card to a plastic surgeon who specializes in disguising ethnic features in her hand. Do you have any idea how DEEP the plastic surgery craze is in Latin nations, yet no one has yet to speak out about it?
It doesn't make sense for black women to be forced to wear their hair natural when no one talks about the fact that the average black male keeps his hair in a certain style that DOES NOT reflect his African roots.

What?
:confused:

jamaraa

Interesting conspiracy theory but I have to disagree. IMHO, We need to stop making sweeping generalizations about black women and black men. This is what yt folks do to us all the time, as if one black person represents the entire race... What ever happened to treating one another as INDIVIDUALS?

That was a sweeping generalization about White people on your part BUT that IS the point of the person you're responding to. Black women have two sets of unique pressures in society wrt hair...the issues of race and the issues of being considered feminine; therefore attractive to men. There's race AND gender in this story, but personally I think gender has more to do w/ it than even race.

We are individuals, true....but that doesn't remove us from society and it's overwhelming influence. We as individuals may choose to embrace or completely reject the current beauty standards, but individuals aren't acting in a vacuum.

The fact that this debate never involves how men of any race choose to wear their hair demonstrates that issues of gender and conforming or not to what's considered currently feminine is a big deal. There's no denying that women, not men, are expected to conform to a very narrow beauty standard. How or if we choose to has become a point of debate, not only between men and women, but between women themselves. Just my take.

carameldiva

I have a male friend who is very handsome. Every women that I ever saw him with, if she had a perm when she met him before she left she was natural or dreded with the exception of his ex-wife who wore her relaxed hair very short with tapered sides and layered.

These women all did this for his approval not because they wanted or desired to be natural. I found his influence unbelievable. Currently, he is with a good acquaintance of mine. I am wondering how long it will be before she converts.

For me, personally, going natural had absolutely nothing to do with being more black. I am always throwing my fist up high in the air. All of the sudden, I saw several women at my workplace with gorgeous natural hair and I was no longer satisfied with perming at that point. I pondered on what my own real hair looked like. I thought about my past attempt to be natural and what I did wrong. Then I decided to go for it. My ex had never dated a natural girl but by the time we broke up, he was in love with my "new" hair as much as I was. it was truly a beautiful thing.

So as far as a brother's influence, we can influence them just as much as they influence us. However, I do agree that they have pitted us against one another in terms of complexion and hair.

Kirei

I just think it is so stupid that people care so much about why someone is or isn't natural or relaxed. It doesn't really matter in the grand skeem of things.

All this thought and theory about what people want to do with their hair is crazy!

Like I said before, it's hair and that's all it ever will be. Nothing more nothing less. When you die and stand before your Maker, He isn't going to care that you embraced your inner self and went natural nor is He going to say you denied Him b/c you got a relaxer.

I mean people are really make this into something WAY WAY WAY bigger than what it is.

Is their some void in people's lives that their hair is filling or something? If so, you need to find a new hobby. Just my opinion.

This thread is too serious for me! We did it for THE MAN the BLACK MAN!---GTHOHWTBS (always wanted to say that!)

Tee

I am glad I read her sidebar before I took it to seriously.
FYI~ THIS IS SARCASM! My mom didn't relax my hair because she wanted me to be white. We didn't even have this conversation.

Tee

I just think it is so stupid that people care so much about why someone is or isn't natural or relaxed. It doesn't really matter in the grand skeem of things.

All this thought and theory about what people want to do with their hair is crazy!

Like I said before, it's hair and that's all it ever will be. Nothing more nothing less. When you die and stand before your Maker, He isn't going to care that you embraced your inner self and went natural nor is He going to say you denied Him b/c you got a relaxer.

I mean people are really make this into something WAY WAY WAY bigger than what it is.

Is their some void in people's lives that their hair is filling or something? If so, you need to find a new hobby. Just my opinion.

This thread is too serious for me! We did it for THE MAN the BLACK MAN!---GTHOHWTBS (always wanted to say that!)
I totally agree with the bold!!!

tiara76

I have a male friend who is very handsome. Every women that I ever saw him with, if she had a perm when she met him before she left she was natural or dreded with the exception of his ex-wife who wore her relaxed hair very short with tapered sides and layered.

These women all did this for his approval not because they wanted or desired to be natural. I found his influence unbelievable. Currently, he is with a good acquaintance of mine. I am wondering how long it will be before she converts.

For me, personally, going natural had absolutely nothing to do with being more black. I am always throwing my fist up high in the air. All of the sudden, I saw several women at my workplace with gorgeous natural hair and I was no longer satisfied with perming at that point. I pondered on what my own real hair looked like. I thought about my past attempt to be natural and what I did wrong. Then I decided to go for it. My ex had never dated a natural girl but by the time we broke up, he was in love with my "new" hair as much as I was. it was truly a beautiful thing.

So as far as a brother's influence, we can influence them just as much as they influence us. However, I do agree that they have pitted us against one another in terms of complexion and hair.

I have a friend like that as well....he does tend to prefer natural women and plenty of women go natural soley in hopes of lockin him down vs going natural for themselves and on the flip i know women who went natural and had a man tell her he didnt like it and she went back to perms....doing you for yourself is one thing regardless of what you are choosing to do and doing you for somebody else is different

bravenewgirl87

Majority of the Nappy Nazis I meant are straight up on that tip: "my sistah, we need to unite the race with our hair," "Our brothers don't want us no more because we have straight hair."
NEVER do I hear these women speaking from a place of inner-peace and acceptance. It always boil down to what men find attractive.:rolleyes: Heck, on this very same board, the nappy/relaxed argument got turned into a "what black men find attractive" argument. Which baffles me because I don't even think real men care.

Kirei

Majority of the Nappy Nazis I meant are straight up on that tip: "my sistah, we need to unite the race with our hair," "Our brothers don't want us no more because we have straight hair."
NEVER do I hear these women speaking from a place of inner-peace and acceptance. It always boil down to what men find attractive.:rolleyes: Heck, on this very same board, the nappy/relaxed argument got turned into a "what black men find attractive" argument. Which baffles me because I don't even think real men care.

No they don't care at least not enough to make a big deal over it. some may prefer natural hair but, I don't think that, that factor alone would make them turn a woman down.

I know my husband could have given 2 youknowwhats about my hair being natural or relaxed just as long as it was fixed and not homely looking, when we were dating.

NEVER do I hear these women speaking from a place of inner-peace and acceptance.

You are right about that, most seem to be searching for someting and use hair as a temporary filling or something.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i found the video kind of boring:ohwell: i was expecting to laugh or something. i do prefer natural hair but im no nazi.