Don't sleep on GREASE

Natural Nappy Hair & Grease are like Peanut Butter & Jelly in my mind - They just go well together :)

Now that I am natural again...I am definitely on a quest for a staple grease...but I am just more informed now...I have learned that grease isnt the best to use with heat....and find one w/o mineral oil and petrolatum...

Carols Daugheter Mimosa Hair Honey is the closest thing I have right now...but Tiger that Sophias sounds mighty tempting...I am adding that to my PJ list :D

Ingredients: sunflower butter, raw honey, rosemary oil, olive oil, fruit enzymes, fresh peach oil. :lick:

I'm not gonna front - when I used to curl my hair with the curling irons and flat iron I used Isoplus natural remedy Avocado Oil Conditioner. Not only is this stuff the bomb!! but it smells sooooo good.

Ingredients are:

Petrolatum
Parrafin Wax
Mineral Oil
Dulse(what's that?)
Horsetail
Sage
Rosemary
Hyssop
Avocado Oil
Fragrance
Isopryl Myristate
Coconut oil
Propylparaben
Carrot oil
D&C Violet#2

The only "grease" that I use that I like is Qhemet Biologics Alma & Olive Heavy Cream. I know it's called a cream, but it's more like a grease to me because it's, as the name says, heavy. When wearing buns, it really smooths my hair and has it feeling moisturized...and best of all, it contains NO petroleum/mineral oil! I'm thinking about trying the Herbs & Sulphur "grease" from that line also.

nomoweavesfome said:
I'm not gonna front - when I used to curl my hair with the curling irons and flat iron I used Isoplus natural remedy Avocado Oil Conditioner. Not only is this stuff the bomb!! but it smells sooooo good.

Ingredients are:

Petrolatum
Parrafin Wax
Mineral Oil
Dulse(what's that?)
Horsetail
Sage
Rosemary
Hyssop
Avocado Oil
Fragrance
Isopryl Myristate
Coconut oil
Propylparaben
Carrot oil
D&C Violet#2

Dulse is a form of seaweed. I'm sure its used for the iodine found in it which is very good for growth.

MonaRae

Natural Oasis Hair and Scalp conditioner

Cold Pressed Vegetable Oil
Organically Grown Herbs
Vitamin E
Vitamin B5
Methyl Paraben
fragrence

The best grease I have ever used!

I ain't scurred of hair grease. :lol: I used hair grease to flat iron my hair this past weekend, and I've been using it all week long. :grin:

Love, peace and hair grease.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Somebody said blue magic. I haven't used grease in a while. I find that my hair responds better to oils and hairdressings, but y'all got me thinking a little grease might not be bad for the bun. hmmm...

Chayil

Allandra said:
I ain't scurred of hair grease. :lol: I used hair grease to flat iron my hair this past weekend, and I've been using it all week long. :grin:

Lol!!:lachen:

KhandiB said:
Natural Oasis Hair and Scalp conditioner

Cold Pressed Vegetable Oil
Organically Grown Herbs
Vitamin E
Vitamin B5
Methyl Paraben
fragrence

The best grease I have ever used!

This is a staple for me! But I've run out and I def. cant buy it out here in Washington State. I'mma have to see if I can order some from somewhere back home in DC!

Ain't nothing wrong with grease honey! I was on the no-grease bandwagon a few years ago and it was cool and all but my hair just didn't feel right.

After a few years of "no grease" I begged my stylist to lightly 'grease' my scalp after getting my hair done and boy what a difference! NICE! He uses the Ultra Sheen with Tea Tree Oil (pink color). Love the tingle too...

I found my hair grew the same with or without the grease, but it did make it feel smoother and gave a nice sheen to the hair.

I think that lightly greasing the scalp is fine but shouldn't be used to the point that you clog your pores. Frequent washes and continual moisture also plays a healthy part in Happy Greasing! Lightly coating your ends in grease is no different then using oil in my humble opinion.

Grease on GIRL!:grin:

I'm "grease"y too.:D I use Softee Coconut Oil grease for only $1.00. After rollersetting my hair I seal my ends with it.....GREAT results!

Allandra said:

:lol:

I've been using my Decca Plus Satin Pomade for a few weeks with great results. I've avoided it for years for the fear of clogging my pores but as long as I concentrate it on my ends it doesn't interfere with hair growth. I used it throughout middle school and high school and that was the longest my hair has ever been so I figured I'd start using it again for length retention.

Well like most of us I grew up with the blue magic. I was still using grease but my scalp woudl be so flakey. I dedided not to use grease and voila ...no more scalp problems.

Now I keep my hair soft with Kera Care essential oils, Carol's Daughter hair dressings, or Mizani H2O. Works well for me.

Chayil

Back