Woop! Grease works!! (pic)

kittikat24

On lightly damp hair, I applied Aussie moist co. to sections, then sealed with a 50/50 mix of shea butter and grease (I think its called Mysteek hair growth oil:rolleyes:)

Braided it up (in like 6 braids) went to bed, and now my hair is soft, shiny & hydrated:grin:
It was a little greasy this morning, but after taking out the braids and wearing it in a bun all day, it feels fine!:drunk:

ps) It's got to be the grease, cuz when I seal w/ shea only, my hair feels like straw:ohwell:...

khpooh

Yea girl that hair looks so moisturized and healthy, its awesome! Next time I see my old friend grease I may take some home :yep:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

On lightly damp hair, I applied Aussie moist co. to sections, then sealed with a 50/50 mix of shea butter and grease (I think its called Mysteek hair growth oil:rolleyes:)

Braided it up (in like 6 braids) went to bed, and now my hair is soft, shiny & hydrated:grin:
It was a little greasy this morning, but after taking out the braids and wearing it in a bun all day, it feels fine!:drunk:

ps) It's got to be the grease, cuz when I seal w/ shea only, my hair feels like straw:ohwell:...

grease has been healing my scalp issues

i blended it hbco with shea..... it sucked
your hair is gorgeous
worked well with wave nouveau & other grease brands

JJamiah

Your hair is beautiful.

The post are funny :lachen:

My dad used grease in our hair, I don't use grease right now though. You grow girl.

You have to listen to your hair and it's wants, needs and desires ;)

Mleah

What does it say on the jar in regard to what's in it? The company says it has only natural oils.

SelfStyled

Your hair is beautiful.

The post are funny :lachen:

My dad used grease in our hair, I don't use grease right now though. You grow girl.

You have to listen to your hair and it's wants, needs and desires ;)

Yes! That's exactly it. OP your results look GREAT. I have started sealing with a lil grease on the ends, and my ends have never ever felt more moisturized. I only have to use it once per wash cycle and my ends stay hydrated until the next wash.

Nonie

Makes sense to me. I keep saying the day I jump on the sealing bandwagon, I'll be using Vaseline. But only on my ends. I don't think I could do the entire length of my hair. For that, maybe I'd use a serum. And if I do use a serum, it will be for the entire length including the ends, at which time I'll give Vaseline a rest.

I really believe in Vaseline. Since I started using it over my hands after washing them--in lieu of water-based lotions/creams--my hands look a lot better and less aged.

KaramelDiva1978

Yeah, in moderation. I think as long as the scalp isn't clogged and the hair can "breathe" without being too greasy, it works. After all, my mother used TCB on my hair for years and I was always MBL until middle school when I started to comb it myself.

ladysaraii

You might want to check out some other soft butters. Avocado, hempseed, softer ones like that leave my hair very nice and moist.

But your hair is lovely :yep:

kittikat24

Yeah, in moderation. I think as long as the scalp isn't clogged and the hair can "breathe" without being too greasy, it works. After all, my mother used TCB on my hair for years and I was always MBL until middle school when I started to comb it myself.

Moderation is definetly the key, since I sealed the length of my hair, and not just my ends. I was very light-handed w/ it:yep:
Now that it's been a few days later, my hair still feels great, although I'm ready for a co-wash....:rolleyes:

dyh080

People are always afraid of grease clogging their scalp but long, long ago when I had a jheri curl and used moisturizers, THEY clogged my scalp. Didn't realize it until I washed my hair every 2 weeks and got a super fast growth spurt every time.

Renewed1

I really believe in Vaseline. Since I started using it over my hands after washing them--in lieu of water-based lotions/creams--my hands look a lot better and less aged.

I agree with the vaseline. I use it on my ends and I saw a difference when I blow-dry my hair, no more dry ends.

In the summer, I use vaseline over my covered parts (thighs, chest, feet, etc) Those areas look so much better.

I even use it on my eyes every other night and I notice a difference there as well.

I wonder if it's the petroleum?

brucebettye

Vasoline is the best for dry skin. I can put that on my ashy feet, elbows, and knees once a day and my skin never gets dry an ashy for that day. It is the petroleum that works. I also love my hair grease on my ends it keeps them nice and soft. By the way, OP your hair looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avan207

The longer my hair has gotten, I have HAD to go back to grease on my ends. I am using Palmers Coconut oil grease and my hair loves it, (Fine haired, textlaxed) It keeps my hair from snapping and I can truly tell when it's not there. I clarify as needed so it has been a godsend. I can see my hair getting longer since I started back as well, because even when I wear my hair out or down it doesn't get rubbed wrong,lol.

Miss_C

Your hair looks :lick:. I picked up a can of Apex pressing oil yesterday:look:, I intend to use it soon. This is encouraging :yep:.

bgsix

Looks nice. I like grease too for sealing.Some people have misconceptions about grease and it gets a bad rap.

JKSprite

Grease has always worked well for my hair when permed. I felt like it was always thicker and it was ALWAYS soft. It does have a bad rap but it really works well for some people!!