Don't sleep on Wild Growth hair oil....

Kinkyhairlady

Does anyone still use this? I've used this for years only before I get my braids in and now that I'm using it more consistently I'm convinced this stuff is growing my hair like crazy! I always noticed a huge growth increase after I would remove my braids but did not think it could be the Wgo. Now that I'm braids free I've been using it twice a week and my hair is growing at a much more accelerated rate. I'm loving the results.

kupenda

What color bottle do you use? I have seen a white bottle and a yellow one. But I haven't bought either yet because it's $15 at my BSS. Ain't paying $30 for both. Those punks don't take returns

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Tiye

I have some in my closet but I haven't used it in a few months. I spiked it with extra rosemary and lavender essential oil and it's good. The bottle is white and green. I don't recall paying 15 bucks for it - probably half that.

Platinum

What color bottle do you use? I have seen a white bottle and a yellow one. But I haven't bought either yet because it's $15 at my BSS. Ain't paying $30 for both. Those punks don't take returns

Wow. That's expensive. I usually see it for about $7.99 at most BSS, including Sally's.

I have both of these. I don't know why I stopped using it but it really made my hair soft.

Britt

I use to use this back in the day. Can't comment on the growth, but it really made my hair nice and soft. That I do remember. Wild Growth and Castor oil are two softening oils for me. Sucks that I'm not fond of the smell of either of them, especially Wild Growth. I use to put peppermint drops in it to tone down the smell some.

MsDee14

I use it on my edges..but really haven't noticed a difference. When I did use it on the rest of my scalp...I was shedding like crazy, so I stopped.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Man I forgot about this oil. It used to be a staple if mine. It made my hair so shiny and soft. Great stuff. I may get some more. I actually didn't mind the scent lol.

TaylorT

YES!! I love WGO! NOTHING makes my hair as soft as this oil does. I don't use it for growth but I do use it in my DCs and whenever I have a tangle or knot in my hair! Great oil (even though it stinks lol)!

kandegirl

The smell is really noticeable in my hair. My friend uses it w/ great results but for me, it's a no go unless I can mask the smell. Now suprisingly I can use MTG w/ no problems. Go figure...

lamaria211

Hands Down the best oil mix ever!! im a pj so yeaa i have some and i use it pretty regularly i haate the smell but i love the feel of it make my hurr real soft

lilpooky

It's funny that I found this thread 'cause I was just thinking about WGO the other day. I used to use it but I don't really remember why I stopped.

GIJane

What are the ingredients?

this is what is on my bottle:

Olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, oleic acids, triolein, arachidic esters, flavonoids, monolaurin, capric acid, monocparin, long chained monohydroxyl groups, pro vitamin A, pro vitamin E, natural vitamin D, squalene, terpenoids, hydroxytyrosol, oleuropein, the aglycone of ligstrosides, (=)-1-acetoxypinoresinol, pinoresinol, chloropyll, carotinoids, choline, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, natural fragrance and natural color.

Lilmama1011

It smells like sea food like crab juice, well that's how I remember it smelling when my cousin used it lol

GIJane

I couldn't stand the smell. What do you guys add to mask the smell?

Foxglove peppermint oil. Sometimes I add a little CD hair tui and smooth it over my hair. Just a little bit. Anything yummy smelling. My old boo loved CD hair tui. Reminds me to pick some back up when I get to stateside.

D.Lisha

Picked some of this up from the BSS last night.
And as the other posters stated.......it S T I N K S! lol. Before use it...i gotta hit it with some type of fragrant oil.
Random question though: What do you think the results would be if alittle sulfur was added?

Saga

The Generous Queen
Picked some of this up from the BSS last night.
And as the other posters stated.......it S T I N K S! lol. Before use it...i gotta hit it with some type of fragrant oil.
Random question though: What do you think the results would be if alittle sulfur was added?
Are you reading my mind? I was just wondering the SAME THING. I got a bag of sulfur just chillen on my dresser because i've only used about two teaspoons of it.

D.Lisha

Are you reading my mind? I was just wondering the SAME THING. I got a bag of sulfur just chillen on my dresser because i've only used about two teaspoons of it.

Well you know what they say, Great minds think alike! lol. I have 1.5 jars of sulfur sitting on my dresser and it's time that I used them up!
Now the normal sulfur mix recipe calls for 8oz of oil, mixed with 1tsp of sulfur. All I would need is a second bottle of WGO + 1tsp of sulfur...and VOILA! The Ultimate hair growth aide :).
On the downside, I'm nervous as to what kind of reaction may occur when the ingredients in WGO mix with the sulfur. (I'm not trying to look like this--> :burning:)

Honey01

It's funny that I found this thread 'cause I was just thinking about WGO the other day. I used to use it but I don't really remember why I stopped.

ITA. I used it for a bit too, but can't quite remember why I stopped. I am definitely not a fan of the smell. I only recall using it only on my roots when it was close to a relaxer touch up.

Now, that I am an on unintended stretch I might have to pick up a bottle.