Don't sleep on Wild Growth hair oil....

Saga

The Generous Queen
Well you know what they say, Great minds think alike! lol. I have 1.5 jars of sulfur sitting on my dresser and it's time that I used them up!
Now the normal sulfur mix recipe calls for 8oz of oil, mixed with 1tsp of sulfur. All I would need is a second bottle of WGO + 1tsp of sulfur...and VOILA! The Ultimate hair growth aide :).
On the downside, I'm nervous as to what kind of reaction may occur when the ingredients in WGO mix with the sulfur. (I'm not trying to look like this--> :burning:)
Same same, I just didn't want to add sulfur to an oil that might already have sulfur in it. That's just asking for trouble :nono: Also, sulfur already has kind of an odd smell to it, to add it to the WGO would probably require even more EO to cover it up.

BlkMane

I also used Wild Growth hair oil back in the day. I remember it being great to enhance curl formation if used on my damp natural hair after washing and before braiding it and going to sleep. I think that if I put it on damp hair, the smell wouldn't be as strong once my hair dried. Other than that, I believe I used it in oil mixes (deep conditioning, hot oil treatments) and on my scalp and ends as an overnight leave-in before washing the next day.

Oh, and when put on damp hair, it definitely makes hair smooth and shiny.

I do seem to vaguely recall that the original ingredients were changed at some point, though. The ingredients now might not be the same ones as when the product was first released. Now, I'm wondering if that was the reason I stopped using it.

Kimiche

I remember using this back in the day when I had braids in and I seriously think that this made my hair grow back then. I say this because I got braids before and didn't put anything in but spray and my hair didn't grow out like it did when I used Wild Growth.

I stopped using it because I didn't like the smell. I didn't think there was anything that could mask the smell at the time. I will try the peppermint oil that a few of you ladies suggested and maybe something else when I revisit this.

PureSilver

I use it on my edges..but really haven't noticed a difference. When I did use it on the rest of my scalp...I was shedding like crazy, so I stopped.

I simply cannot do without WGHO, this oil makes my hair so soft and reduces tangles by 80%. Gotta start applying this to my ends, they're a little on the rough side. It has grown my hair so much and i've had good results with the growth of my nails too.

Truth

Just picked up a bottle yesterday... I put it a few drops in with a oil mix so I didn't notice much of a smell.... I'll have to use it straight and see if it's tolerable.

757diva

I own the white/green bottle and like it but someone too oily. I bought another version of it at sallys which was still called WGO but it was the extra formula or something. That one had my scalp on FIRE and even after I washed my hair (which were in braids at the time) if still burned as if a million of fire ants attacked me. IDK if it was a reaction I had to some oil or something in that other color bottle but I ended up returning it to sallys and had to take my braids out. That was almost 2-3 years ago.

Ayesha81

Wow I just took out this oil out of my cabinet Ive been using this stuff on and off for 10 years. I dont know about the growth but it sure does make my hair soft and moisturized without being greasy.

lamaria211

I just started using this oil consistently on my scalp x3 a week its been around 2 weeks so far. I won't notice if it really makes a difference until I'm at least 8 weeks post relaxer

kupenda

I got the white bottle at Sally's. SO loves the smell. Said it smells like vitamins or mint. I barely notice it. I just started using it a little while ago

Angel of the North

I liked using this during long stretches, it helped to soften my NG and took good care of my ends too. I still have a bottle in my stash, I'll have to check whether it's still good, if mot I will definitely be repurchasing.

Flawlis1

My grandmother first used Wild growth oil in my hair over 20 years ago. I have a bottle (white one) and use it to oil my scalp and sit under the dryer for 25 minutes. I dont put it all over my hair because I wear it down and dont like it greasy. I dont use it enough to say if it helps with my growth or not.

Ayesha81

I used to use it back in the day it made my hair so soft and shiny but it didnt accelarate my hair growth.

yuhlovevybz

It's still sitting in my abandoned product drawer...I put in on my scalp when I prepoo with coconut oil but it gets washed out in less than an hour. I can hardly even take the smell that long. Maybe I'm sensitive but it smells like pain and suffering to me.