Drugstore & Target Hair Products.

LoveBeautyKisses

I often sworm the drugstores and Targets with my trustee Android (LCHF App of course :grin:) in hand while on the PJ hunt for hair products.

What are yor favorite drugstore and/or Target hair products?

Im sorry If this was already a thread. (Don't shoot me:lol:) I tried looking but didnt find one. If there is please let me know :grin:.

Evolving78

i like Kid's Organic shea butter detangling lotion for my daughter. i loved when i was natural and did the wash and go thing. i also like Suave Tropical Coconut. i used to love Dove shampoo and conditioner.

faithVA

Quite a few of us use the Shea Moisture Products you can get from Walgreen or Targets. I like the SM Mist. And after I learned how to doctor it, I also like the SM Smoothie. I also use KCCC from Target. It's great on my twists.

SmilingElephant

I rely on Target for a lot of my products.

I buy my Suave Conditioners from there (Juicy Green Apple, Coconut, Pomegranate and Ocean Breeze)

I have bought Kinky Curly products from there, i bought the Curls Creme Brule from there...which...really isn't so bad...i'm not crazy about it though...i want to try the rest of the line when the weather warms up.

I also buy Yes to Carrots from there as well as Walgreens...Walgreens always seems to have a 2fer on YTC....i need to replenish this:yep:

I even get my oils from Target:lol:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I like Aussie Moist, Aussie Moist 3 minute, and Aussie Moist Hair Insurance Leave in. I get those from Walmart but I know I've seen 'em in drugstores too.

30something

Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle, the regular Aussie moist conditioner is pretty close to the the 3 minute miracle. I use it to deep condition with it since the 3 minute miracle is only 8 oz, while the conditioner comes in 33.8 oz/1 Liter size.

Tresemme is usually good too, They use a lot of cones but are moisturizing and also about 1 liter. Their Smooth and Silky conditioner is great, people seem to love the naturals line which is cone free. Moisture Rich seems popular on here too.

Suave Professionals Almond and Shea butter is nice too.. so is the shampoo. I think that also comes in a Liter..

winona

Aussie moist Aussie Sydney smooth conditioners and 3min are great for cowashing. I have even added some oils and honey for DCs

SavannahNatural

Quite a few of us use the Shea Moisture Products you can get from Walgreen or Targets. I like the SM Mist. And after I learned how to doctor it, I also like the SM Smoothie. I also use KCCC from Target. It's great on my twists.

faithVA, how do you doctor it? I'm assuming to make it a little less heavy? Do share!

faithVA

@[USER said:
blcbuty@[/USER];14989375]@faithVA, how do you doctor it? I'm assuming to make it a little less heavy? Do share!

The Smoothie or heavy products like that (shea butter based, coconut creamy based) make my hair look dull. So I found that by adding oils to the product, it changes the consistency so my hair absorbs it better.

For my hair I had to do a 1 to 1 ratio. So for every ounce of Smoothie I added an ounce of oil. It sounds like it would be oily but surprisingly its not and it smoothes the consistency out a great deal.

No real recipe for which oils to add. But because I wanted to make the smoothie lighter I used lighter oils. I used a mix of sunflower oil, coconut oil and then flax seed oil and wheat germ oil because I had them.

So the last time I washed I applied the Smoothie when wet, then when partially dry and twisted. Before the oil, it would have been just soft, dull, not moisturized and no twist definition. After the oil it was soft, moistured, still shiny and I also had definition.

darlingdiva

I like the Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Cream and Nourish and Shine from Target.

They're supposed to be coming to Duane Reade and CVS too, if they're not already there.

lamaria211

From target ive purchased:
Macadamia natural oil deep repair mask
KCKT
Giovanni direct leave in
Tresemme Naturals condish
Garnier Fructis leave in (currently loving)
Giovanni 2chic collection condish and leave in
I get some of my Dominican products from CVS
Baba de Caracol deep condish
Crece Pelo deep condish and leave in
And from Walgreens :
My Nubian Heritage products
And Elasta QP mango butter!

nlamr2013

Con argan oil poo
Shea moisture shea butter DC
Tresseme naturals
Kinky curly