dry & brittle

preciousmonique

Hello ladies. My hair is very dry and brittle. Badly damage also. I would like to know the first step to getting my hair healthy if any one can help,I would gladly appreciate it. <font color="blue"> </font>

ccd

How is your hair now, natural, relaxed?

IMO........deep conditioning, get a thick conditioner (10 en 1 really restored my hair) and sit under a dryer for at least 20min. Stay clear of curling irons, heat appliances for a while....

caralexis2005

i would say deep conditioning and trimming/cutting are your best bets.
First, deep conditioning to see what damage you can stop and prevent so you can see how much of your hair can be saved and what absolutely has to be cut off.

then cutting the parts of the hair that are just beyond repair. you can either cut it all off at once or cut it off in increments. it really depends on you and how well you can deal with immediate change. the advantages of cutting all the damaged parts at once is that you will be able to do more with your hair, it will look much better, and your hair will be ready to accumulate length bc the ends are healthy.
hope this helps

preciousmonique

ccd, my hair is relaxed. I haven't used any heat for over 5 months now. The damage is mainly in the back and the top. Haven't seen any more breakage, but then at the same time it is not growing and very dry. I have been using the pro fective mega moisturizer. It works for my hair,but it leaves it looking wet.

itismehmmkay

hey precious,

I'd say.....take the vaseline challenge proposed by leejure. petroleum is our friend as long as we wash frequently

soulchild

Just a few tips:

Keep your hair moist with a distilled water/conditioner/oil mixture.

Use a humidifier in your home to put some moisture in the air.

Deep condition with a thick conditioner/plastic cap/under a hood dryer.

Try doing conditioner-only a couple times a week.

Jojoba oil is very good. You can find this at health food stores.

Increase your essential fatty acid intake - (tuna,salmon,flax seeds, walnuts...)

1 multivitamin and 8-10 glasses of water daily

lexi_24

Soulchild,

What type of conditioner (regular vs. deep vs. leave-in)and oil do you put in your conditioner/distilled water/oil mix?

soulchild

Hey lexi.

Well, the products I use for my spray bottle vary but a typical mixture of mine would be: water,Mane N Tale original conditioner, and sweet almond oil.

The measurements are not specific, just however much I want. Oh, and the Mane N Tale original is a regular conditioner that can also be used as a leave-in. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/paynesbeautysupply-salon/noname6.html

preciousmonique

The conditioner I am using now is Lekair cholestrol plus strengthening and conditioning cream. I do not have any mixtures. I am new to this, so I don't have alot of products yet. Some one told me that Motions Perms can also dry your hair out, That is the perm i am using now. Thank you all so much for beiing so helpful.

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
caralexis2005 said:
i would say deep conditioning and trimming/cutting are your best bets.
First, deep conditioning to see what damage you can stop and prevent so you can see how much of your hair can be saved and what absolutely has to be cut off.

then cutting the parts of the hair that are just beyond repair. you can either cut it all off at once or cut it off in increments. it really depends on you and how well you can deal with immediate change. the advantages of cutting all the damaged parts at once is that you will be able to do more with your hair, it will look much better, and your hair will be ready to accumulate length bc the ends are healthy.
hope this helps

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto Good luck and don't worry it will grow back stronger and healthier