Dudley's sensitive scalp relaxer

relaxedhair

Hi everyone how are you lot doing? :D Dudley's sensitive scalp relaxer does anyone know if this is lye/no lye? I can't seem to find out. I'm switching to lye and my new salon has this relaxer, I know serenitybreeze (lovely hair!!!) uses this one. Anyone else tried it? :)

OneInAMillion

Hi,

If this is the Moisturizing sensitive scalp relaxer (in mild), then it's no-lye. I've used this faithfully and it's my favorite.

relaxedhair

Oh man. My hairdresser switched me to no-lye ages ago, (I didn't even know at the time I just said I had a sensitive scalp) but it contributes to my overall dry hair, so I want to switch back to lye. She said fine but do a lithium relaxer as an intermediate step back to lye and it hurt horrendously. Even the lye relaxers I began with did not hurt like this!!! I had to get it washed off early and my hair is underprocessed. The point is did I go through all of that to want to stick with a no-lye after all?

What is it about no-lye relaxers? Is it that a deposit of calcium is left which is drying, but if you use a chelating shampoo you've removed the calcium and fixed the problem, or is it the chemicals and your hair are made dry through and through? Ack! Can anyone help? :)