Dudley's Relaxer Role Call....

You, Me and Dudley.....

• Total voters

Seeking8Rights

Okay, I'm thinking about switching from Affirm to Dudley's, so I want to know who uses Dudley's relaxer. If you recently switched from Dudley's can you please tell me why? Please, Pretty Please....:look:

I'm basically trying to find a good lye relaxer (I'm currently no lye) and I've only had 1 in my life time back in 2005 (It was Dudley's) and I'm grooling over my pictures of my hair afterwards.

So, come out the closet and spill dem beans ladies.....:)

Man, that Dudley relaxer had me feeling like Denzel in Malcom X. It set my head on Fiyah! I had bad burns and scalps for over a month! I will never use Dudley Relaxer again.

Last edited:
I liked Dudley's. I don't use it anymore because I don't go to the person who used it anymore, same as what I said about Design Essential on your other thread. They are both excellent Relaxers in my opinion.

I used Dudley's back in like '01. I think she put the mild strength in my hair. I dont remember the details but i do remember liking it thoug. I went natural shortly after that, relaxed again this time with Affirm (hated it) and then went back to natural and then relaxed again with Phyto which I LOVE.

Letitia said:
Man, that Dudley relaxer had me feeling like Denzel in Malcom X. It set my head on Fiyah! I had bad burns and scalps for over a month! I will never use Dudley Relaxer again.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I'm sorry but that was too funny!

Thank you for sharing all the information I can get will help. I just don't know any lye relaxers other than Dudley's. There are so many darn relaxers nowdays! Lye, No lye, Truth, Fib...:drunk:

Keclee23 said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I'm sorry but that was too funny!

Thank you for sharing all the information I can get will help. I just don't know any lye relaxers other than Dudley's. There are so many darn relaxers nowdays! Lye, No lye, Truth, Fib...:drunk:

It's okay. I can laugh after the fact. But I would have rinsed out my hair it was burning that much! I normally only use mild but this lady only had a regular. So that might be the reason. (shruggs) I will say, my hair was straight! (I was just wondering how much of it was going to stay on my head.:perplexed )

Letitia said:
It's okay. I can laugh after the fact. But I would have rinsed out my hair it was burning that much! I normally only use mild but this lady only had a regular. So that might be the reason. (shruggs) I will say, my hair was straight! (I was just wondering how much of it was going to stay on my head.:perplexed )

The analogy of the Malcom X part was funny. I no how it is with the burning. No fun at all.:(

I had a stylist down south who used Dudley's entire line on my for a year or so, and my hair was GORGEOUS...it was the longest, thickest, and healthiest my had ever been. I regret not being able to move her here with me.

I wouldn't use the Dudley's line here b/c a) I wouldn't know where to get it and b) when a stylist out here used it, it didn't work as well (I'm guessing that has something to do with the water/climate here vs. there plus the stylist wasn't very good)

However, if I were to ever relocate to the south and go back to relaxing, I would DEFINITELY be using that line.

I used to use Dudley's back in the 90's. My hair was straight as hell! I always had scalp burns with it but back then I liked the burns because that meant my hair was super straight. Sick, I know.:D

ShiShiPooPoo said:
I used to use Dudley's back in the 90's. My hair was straight as hell! I always had scalp burns with it but back then I liked the burns because that meant my hair was super straight. Sick, I know.:D

Yeah, I used to think that too back in the day! Burn = Straight. After awhile burn = Kecia not lookie so hot at the clubie. LOL :lol:

Where did we get that from....?:ohwell:

Okay, my stylist used Dudley's Sensitive scalp but he does a really good basing before putting it in my scalp. He parts my hair and takes scoops full and rubs it down the part and it distributes to the whole scalp.

After the fresh relaxer it left my hair very straight though he only relaxed 75-80%. He just uses products to give that straight effect.

About a week later I washed it and my hair was still thick.:D

I like it and that it didn't burn or leave my hair lifeless but that may be because my stylist telaxes.

ShiShiPooPoo said:

:yep: :yep:

Back