Edge control for baby hair (4c hair)

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Hi ladies!

I've tried a few products to lay baby hair and for some reason it only works for about an hour.

Any 4c ladies that can recommend an edge control product that actually works?

Thanks in advance!!

Lylddlebit

I usually apply an edge tamer like Ebin, Hicks or any other edge control and top with a strong hold gel. I have experienced that method works pretty well across textures and has been pretty consistent since I was using let's jam topped + ampro gel back in the day. Right now I like Ebin(no matter the color of the cap, I have black, yellow and purple in my cabinet) topped with a little got2b (black or yellow tube or gorilla snot in the yellow container) . That holds all day. Make sure your edges are deep conditioned and moisturized before you start laying them regularly so that they don't break off and/or thin out.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
This is my favorite edge control

1676931228588.png

Kiss Edge fixer.

For extra hold and blending my edges with straight half wigs I add a dab of this on top for budge proof hold

1676931350863.png

Ebin Wonder Lace bond, The black tube

So i would style my edges like normal with the edge fixer and let it set with a scarf. then when set i add a slight glazing of this on top and let it air dry. It keeps my edges perfectly straight all day even in humidity. This is a feat because my babyhairs are tightly curled.

GeMnEye

I don’t know about edge control I find gel works fine for me but I guess if I sweat they don’t stay down so I don’t know how helpful I can be. I use eco styler and then some got 2 b (black tube) on top for extra hold. I also used to use gorilla snot but it comes out too stringy. I use an edge brush to form them and then spray with oil sheen ( prevent sticking to scarf and ripping) and then make sure I tie them down.

Starronda

I usually apply an edge tamer like Ebin, Hicks or any other edge control and top with a strong hold gel. I have experienced that method works pretty well across textures and has been pretty consistent since I was using let's jam topped + ampro gel back in the day. Right now I like Ebin(no matter the color of the cap, I have black, yellow and purple in my cabinet) topped with a little got2b (black or yellow tube or gorilla snot in the yellow container) . That holds all day. Make sure your edges are deep conditioned and moisturized before you start laying them regularly so that they don't break off and/or thin out.
Thank you!

Starronda

This is my favorite edge control

View attachment 487389

Kiss Edge fixer.

For extra hold and blending my edges with straight half wigs I add a dab of this on top for budge proof hold

View attachment 487391

Ebin Wonder Lace bond, The black tube

So i would style my edges like normal with the edge fixer and let it set with a scarf. then when set i add a slight glazing of this on top and let it air dry. It keeps my edges perfectly straight all day even in humidity. This is a feat because my babyhairs are tightly curled.
Thank you! I'm going to try this!