"Either Cut it or pray a lot"

Lovelylocs

:eek: This is what Steve smthg (I cant remember what his last name was), a hairstylist who was on the Wendy Williams' Experience, gave as advice to a listener with near bra-strap length hair who called in for advice on protecting her hair and getting it to grow past bra strap. He was like u need to trim your hair. She and Wendy were like "no b/c whenever we get a trim they cut like 3 inches." He insisted that she needed a trim if she wanted her hair to grow! :nono: What B.S! This is why I dont believe most of what the hairdressers say. :nono: They are misinformed about a lot of things.

Another thing that he talked about was the attitude that some clients give their hairdressers and how much he hates it. :look: I couldnt help but think of the LHCFers b/c u know how we are when it comes to our hair... AND RIGHTFULLY SO!! :p

SherryLove

Lovelylocs said:
:eek: This is what Steve smthg (I cant remember what his last name was), a hairstylist who was on the Wendy Williams' Experience, gave as advice to a listener with near bra-strap length hair who called in for advice on protecting her hair and getting it to grow past bra strap. He was like u need to trim your hair. She and Wendy were like "no b/c whenever we get a trim they cut like 3 inches." He insisted that she needed a trim if she wanted her hair to grow! :nono: What B.S! This is why I dont believe most of what the hairdressers say. :nono: They are misinformed about a lot of things.

Another thing that he talked about was the attitude that some clients give their hairdressers and how much he hates it. :look: I couldnt help but think of the LHCFers b/c u know how we are when it comes to our hair... AND RIGHTFULLY SO!! :p

Dang!!! i hope that poor woman will soon discover this website or speak to someone who will give her more rationale hair advice....

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I think alot of stylist think "SCISSORS" when they don't know the answer to the problem, that's their easy way out. It's sad because I never remember scissors being the only option to a problem when I was in Cosmetology School, :( , it's sad because sooo many of them are out there hacking pple hair up.

HairPhoenix

That advice about cutting has always cracked me up? :lol:

Don't be mad at me, because I am about to post a new thread with a pointed question about this... :cool:

CinnaMocha

Lovelylocs said:
:eek: a listener with near bra-strap length hair who called in for advice on protecting her hair and getting it to grow past bra strap. He was like u need to trim your hair. She and Wendy were like "no b/c whenever we get a trim they cut like 3 inches." He insisted that she needed a trim if she wanted her hair to grow!

Some Stylist these days--anything to CUT not TRIM your hair:
Got a touch-up you need a trim
Layers growing out you need a trim
"They" use too much heat, you need to trim your hair

Pretty soon, if you sneeze too hard they want to trim your hair for that too they need to cut that nonsense out!:whip: