Elasta DPR-11 and Molasses: Wise or Redundant?

PaperClip

Hmmm... actually, I already tried it last weekend as an overnight deep conditioning treatment! ;) The molasses helped to thin out the DPR so I was able to use less. Worked it into my hair really well. It rinsed out well the next morning. My hair was VERY soft.

I like that the molasses will help preserve my dark hair while also serving as a humectant to maximize moisture.

Does this make sense or is it redundant? I read about how folks mix this with that and I had always wondered if or what the rhyme and reason was for doing so....

SparklingFlame

Whats molassas? Heard of it but dont know exactly what it is. I use my DPR-11 strait with great results though I might add.

PaperClip

naturallady said:
Whats molassas? Heard of it but dont know exactly what it is. I use my DPR-11 strait with great results though I might add.

Molasses...like the stuff you can put on pancakes. Similar to honey.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Why wouldn't this make sense? Anything that you can whip together that will help your hair thrive makes all the sense in the world! :) ;)

RelaxerRehab said:
Hmmm... actually, I already tried it last weekend as an overnight deep conditioning treatment! ;) The molasses helped to thin out the DPR so I was able to use less. Worked it into my hair really well. It rinsed out well the next morning. My hair was VERY soft.

I like that the molasses will help preserve my dark hair while also serving as a humectant to maximize moisture.

Does this make sense or is it redundant? I read about how folks mix this with that and I had always wondered if or what the rhyme and reason was for doing so....

SparklingFlame

RelaxerRehab said:
Molasses...like the stuff you can put on pancakes. Similar to honey.
Ok thanks! That sounds like it makes a great add in to the DPR. If it works, dont change it! Keep using it! :)