Elasta DPR-11 and Molasses: Wise or Redundant?

PaperClip

Hmmm... actually, I already tried it last weekend as an overnight deep conditioning treatment! ;) The molasses helped to thin out the DPR so I was able to use less. Worked it into my hair really well. It rinsed out well the next morning. My hair was VERY soft.

I like that the molasses will help preserve my dark hair while also serving as a humectant to maximize moisture.

Does this make sense or is it redundant? I read about how folks mix this with that and I had always wondered if or what the rhyme and reason was for doing so....

Whats molassas? Heard of it but dont know exactly what it is. I use my DPR-11 strait with great results though I might add.

naturallady said:
Whats molassas? Heard of it but dont know exactly what it is. I use my DPR-11 strait with great results though I might add.

Molasses...like the stuff you can put on pancakes. Similar to honey.

Why wouldn't this make sense? Anything that you can whip together that will help your hair thrive makes all the sense in the world! :) ;)

RelaxerRehab said:
Hmmm... actually, I already tried it last weekend as an overnight deep conditioning treatment! ;) The molasses helped to thin out the DPR so I was able to use less. Worked it into my hair really well. It rinsed out well the next morning. My hair was VERY soft.

I like that the molasses will help preserve my dark hair while also serving as a humectant to maximize moisture.

Does this make sense or is it redundant? I read about how folks mix this with that and I had always wondered if or what the rhyme and reason was for doing so....

RelaxerRehab said:
Molasses...like the stuff you can put on pancakes. Similar to honey.
Ok thanks! That sounds like it makes a great add in to the DPR. If it works, dont change it! Keep using it! :)

Back