Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo - O.M.G.! The new CON green?

BoaterGirlKim

I picked Elasta QP Conditioning Creme Shampoo after a trip to the BSS for CON w/Argan shampoo (which I nixed when I saw sodium hydroxide in the middle of the CON ingredient list). The Elasta bottle says "new & improved" and the ingredient list has no sulfates, parabens or protein and has some nice oils such as olive, coconut, and avocado so it seemed like a good candidate for my hair.

When I shampooed with it this evening, I was actually in the shower saying "Oh...my...God" during wash and rinse. It rinsed out so smooth that I lathered again. No stripping - hair felt like silk! My hair felt moisturized as if I had co-washed. It's a DC night for me, otherwise I would have seriously considered skipping conditioner and just slapping on a leave-in. I'm only a couple of weeks post but I can tell that this will melt NG and tangles, and in fact a few ladies have said this in the one post I could find about the product. It has an OMG yummy, gentle, sweet citrus smell. The consistency is so thick that when you're squeezing it out, it can actually get sucked back into the bottle through the little top opening if you don't move the bottle away from your hand fast enough LOL.

And the 12-oz bottle at regular price was only $3.99!

This is a new HG for me - I'm seriously considering stocking up cuz I can't take another formula change or discontinuation in my stash right now LOL

Here's the ingredient list:

Water (Aqua), Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Cocamide MEA, Polyquaternium-10, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin (Vitamin H), Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Persia Gratissima (Avocado) Oil [contains Vitamins B2, D, A, E, K, and Potassium], Citric Acid, Ethylene Glycol Distearate, Parfum (Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, CI 19140 (FD&C Yellow 5).

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

winona

Thank you for the review. This is one of the items I bought my niece. She is transitioning but she calls it "just not getting relaxers anymore". I cant wait until she gets my box in the mail.

KhandiB

Girl, It is the truth like sojourner. Its the only poo Ive used since they discontinued the Original CON Green. I LOVE It!

Mane.Attraction

THE PJ in me wants to run out and buy it! :( But...I plan to use all my conditioners before I get even one more product...so it'll be a while before I get my hands on this one! smh

BoaterGirlKim

THE PJ in me wants to run out and buy it! :( But...I plan to use all my conditioners before I get even one more product...so it'll be a while before I get my hands on this one! smh

:Devil: Ohhhh, it's okay...it's only $3.99 :evillaugh:

LOL I know what you mean. Only reason I was even in the BSS was cuz I didn't have a decent no-sulfate shampoo. It couldn't hurt to add one shampoo to your stash of conditioners though...? :Devil:

Lissa0821

I absolutely love this shampoo myself. I will be using it for a long time to come. I alternate by Elasta QP and One N Only Argan products each week so far it is working for me.

temfash

This is a new HG for me - I'm seriously considering stocking up cuz I can't take another formula change or discontinuation in my stash right now LOL

Here's the ingredient list:

Water (Aqua), Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Cocamide MEA, Polyquaternium-10, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin (Vitamin H), Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Persia Gratissima (Avocado) Oil [contains Vitamins B2, D, A, E, K, and Potassium], Citric Acid, Ethylene Glycol Distearate, Parfum (Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, CI 19140 (FD&C Yellow 5).

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I stocked up on about 4 bottles because of all these companies changing formulars left right and center.

crlsweetie912

This is the new one? With Olive Oil (I think)
I got my hands on a large bottle of the old formula and I loved it at first, but after a few washes my hair felt heavy and coated and didn't seem clean....I had to clarify

ms.blue

Theb first time I use the shampoo my results were just meh nothing great but the second time I used it after I clarified w/ ors creamy aloe shampoo then proceeded to use the creme conditioning shampoo, my results were much better. I actually bought a second bottle since I wasted most of the other bottle shampooing my wigs.

faithVA

I bought this for my mom a few weeks ago. I haven't tried it myself but it seems to do well on her hair. I am still using the Elasta QP Soy Oyl which I have plenty of. I do plan on trying it sometime in July.

I purchased my bottle at Walgreen but at one of the Walgreen's that sells a lot of ethnic products.

NikkiQ

Hmmm sounds like a great product, but I'm gonna fight to urge to purchase. I still have 3 bottles of shampoo to use up...dammit!

Kimiche

I think I will purchase this when I go to the BSS today. My hair is protein sensitive and I want to stay away from those shampoos that contain it. Thanks for the review BoaterGirlKim.

BoaterGirlKim

You're very welcome Kimiche.

Update: My hair air dried silk-satin-velvet soft the next day after overnight DC with Motions Silk Protein. Wet bunned using Yes To Cucumbers (old formula) leave-in. My hair has never felt like that before.

Hair. Heaven.

faithVA

I bought this for my mom. I use the Elasta QP Soy Oyl (which has sulfates) for my first wash and then I follow it with the Elasta QP Conditioning shampoo. I think this is a good combination. Although the Soy Oyl has sulfates, I haven't found it to be stripping. And it seems to have the right amount of protein for my hair without making it hard.

NIN4eva

I'm pretty much out of shampoo. I'm going to give it a shot. I really miss the old CON shampoo...

cherxy777

The ingrediants look yummy! But the CON detangling/moisturizing poo actually works well with my hair. Maybe when im done with the 32 oz bottle...

beauti

this shampoo is AMAZING! i meant to come back in here and rave about it like 2 weeks ago but forgot. the bss i went to had ONE bottle left in the old packaging wayyy in the back. i willl look elsewhere because this is now my staple!! i almost didnt use conditioner after but im dealing with 9mos of new growth! so i used aussie and my hair was hydrated for that whole week no lie!!!

MissTripleChoc

I discovered this shampoo two weeks ago, in my frantic bid to find a no sulphate shampoo. The ingredients sounded good and I was also impressed with number of natural ingredients it contained.

I tried it and couldn't believe how soft my hair felt during and after using it. My hair felt moisturised the whole week. This shampoo is one of the best i've ever used and is definitely a keeper.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I love the original formula, I will have to pick up a bottle of the "New and Improved" formula when I run out of ALL of my shampoo.

Embyra

First try with this shampoo its super thick when you squeeze it gets sucked right back into bottle

Because its so thick and so is my hair had a bit of trouble getting it on my roots

Hair felt soft during and after wash no frizz or rough feeling hair

Thinking of diluting it a little which i NEVER do to get it to spread easier feel i will get less than a handful of uses per bottle due to me using too much

I used coconut cream on my hair before this so will do a follow up review later in the week