Elasta QP Intense New Formula is the ISH

WriterGirl

Hey Ladies:

I just tried the new formula of the Elasta QP Intense conditioner. I had been using the original formula since 2007 for my DC's before the product got bought out and changed the formula.

The one thing I loved about this conditioner was the hydrolzed silk protein (was #4 in the original version). This new formula still has it--it's a little further down in the ingredients but the new formula has olive oil, coconut oil, avacado oil and other "organic extracts" so the trade-off may be positive and the consistency isn't watery like the old formula so that's a plus.

I already use the new formula for the Creme Conditioning Shampoo and that's great as well. I talked about it in this thread (with ingredient comparison):

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...d.php?t=394530

Here are the ingredients comparison.

Old formula:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Quaterium-18, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Squalane, Cetrimonium Biomide, Stearyl Alcohol, Extracts of Chamomile, Nettle, Birch, Rosemary, Coltsroot, Horsetail, Lemon Balm, Sage, Horse Chestnut, Guar Hydroxypropytrimonium Cholride, Methaylparaben, Imidazonlidinyl Urea, Benzophenone-4, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5

New formula:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Quaterium-18, Olive oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Biomide, Coconut oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin F, Avocado Oil, Guar Hydroxypropytrimonium Cholride, Methaylparaben, Imidazonlidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Parfum, Benzophenone-4, Hydrolzyed Silk, Mint balm, Tea Tree Leaf, Ginseng root, FD&C Yellow No. 5

So this new formula will continue to be my staple. LOVE it!

morehairplease

Thanks for sharing! Recently, I started back using the old formula that I had in my pj stash and fell back in love with it all over again. Unfortunately, I am almost out and worried about how the new formula would compare. Thanks so, so much for sharing your review.

The Princess

Dang, it seem like alot of good products are changing. Well I was thinking about buying this shampoo once my CON Ultra Moisturizing Green Label shampoo runs out. My stash is getting low and It getting hard to find it online as well.

The Princess

In regards to the shampoo-I see it doesn't have SLS in it, which is good.

Does it tangle your hair? How does your hair feel when you rinse it out? Do it feel like you need a FU conditioner?

WriterGirl

Yes, the shampoo doesn't have SLS in it which one of the reasons why I use it.

As for the conditioner, it doesn't tangle my hair and rinses out like a dream. I'm really impressed. I can't stop touching hair. Feels like silk and I'm 7 weeks post right now.

MizzCoco

Good, I'm running out of my old formula, I will have to re-up soon. Elasta QP seems to be the ONLY brand that didn't turn a good product line into trash when they reformulate it! I've heard nothing but good things, which is wonderful, I love everything EQP...except that oil recovery moisturizer. Hopefully they change that one.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
^^^Why don't you like Recovery? It's awesome! But yes, Intense is the truth!

Anyone try the Soy Oyl line of EQP products yet?

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Thanks for your review OP, Intense is my staple, I was kind of nervous once I heard the formula had changed. I still have 2 33.8oz bottles of the old formula left. Good to know that I don't have to start looking for another condish.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
The old Intense actually feels like mild protein on my hair, and thats how I use it. Maybe now 'cause the silk is futer down I can use it as a moisture CON. Thanks for sharing OP, I'll be checking this out.

WriterGirl

Good, I'm running out of my old formula, I will have to re-up soon. Elasta QP seems to be the ONLY brand that didn't turn a good product line into trash when they reformulate it! I've heard nothing but good things, which is wonderful, I love everything EQP...except that oil recovery moisturizer. Hopefully they change that one.

Yes, so far Elasta has been on point for the better with the new formulas.

I haven't tried the Oil Recovery Moisturizer new formula yet but just glancing at the the ingredients, I'm not liking it. I think it has petroleum and mineral oil up near the top. The old version had mineral oil but it was way down the list, so I'm not sure if I'm going to even try the new formula.

I haven't had a chance to try the new Mango Butter formula. Hope that they didn't change that up too much.

shtow

Their heat protector is also *new and improved* with all these oils in it too.

In the trash it went.

Desarae

I'm going to try both this and the shampoo.
Thanks for the review. I liked both of the previously products.

MizzCoco

BamaBeauty1985;9666956[B said:
]^^^Why don't you like Recovery? It's awesome! [/B]But yes, Intense is the truth!

At the bolded...It just sat on my hair! Then I realized the first ingredient was mineral oil, and my hair didnt like it. I'm glad it works for you, though.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Hmmm, the EQP intense made my hair hard and tangly. I can't take too much protein. So now i will be using it as a mid-protein step once i'm out of Aphogee 2 minute...
The EQP shampoo is awesome. the consistency is a little weird sometimes but it does the job and leaves enough moisture in my hair.
Mango butter (new formula) is a staple for my ends and my napey-nape.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I tried the new formula. It still acts like protein on my hair. But it wasn't bad, just not the moisture I was looking for. It still works the same as the old formlua. I think I'll use this interchangably with Aphogee 2min as well. The new mango butter works the same for me too :yep:

BrooklynSouth

:yep:Yes!! The new formula is better than the old formula..which is saying a lot because the old was pretty great on my ends as a leave-in. Gives my ends instant coily ringlets.:grin:Tomorrow, I'll try it as my deep con.

Emz Forever

Ooh, i just tried the new formula. I've used the old one for about 2 years now, but I have to say the new one is so much better. It feels richer, with all the oils. I used it yesterday mixed with Lustrasilk Shea butter/mango cholesterol and some evoo for a DC and my hair is very happy. Really impressive cos I am 21 weeks post!

Kindheart

^^^Why don't you like Recovery? It's awesome! But yes, Intense is the truth!

I tried their intensive Soy Oyl conditioner ,it contains mineral oil and 2 versions of propylene glycol
As first ingredients ,the result was buttery soft hair ,great slip and weighted down .
I would ve used it again if it wasn't for the propylene glycol and other bad stuff I can't remember.
Op thanks for the review I might give it a try as I didn't really like the old formula.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I use the Creme Conditioning Shampoo, and I love it. It doesn't strip my hair at all and doesn't cause tangles. I'm actually about to run out soon. I have other shampoos that I need to use up 1st before I purchase more. But I can't wait to go back to this Elasta QP poo.

WriterGirl

Ooh, i just tried the new formula. I've used the old one for about 2 years now, but I have to say the new one is so much better. It feels richer, with all the oils. I used it yesterday mixed with Lustrasilk Shea butter/mango cholesterol and some evoo for a DC and my hair is very happy. Really impressive cos I am 21 weeks post!

Glad you liked it!

I'm still using it and still LOVING it!

When I'm 8 weeks or more post, I also mix in a little Aubrey Organics White Camilla. HEAVEN in hair.

WriterGirl

What a coincidence. :) I actually just used this as a co-wash this evening on my 1-year plus transitioning hair.

Still the ISH. :lol:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Is anyone still using this product? I like a heavy (strong) protein and bought this condish along with the Elasta QP protein supplement since it was fairly inexpensive.