Elucence Relaxer.... i dont know what to think

BrEE

i relaxed a couple of weeks ago using elucence normal relaxer. i went through he!! to get it and was hoping for some fantistic results. weeeelll i dont think i got them. i went to my hair dresser to get the relaxer applied and i'm pretty positive she left it in wayyyyy longer than the recommended 15-17 min it says on the box. i'm guessing 25-30 min. and she did a really good job smoothing it in too. maybe 3-4 times. after the 25-30 min it started to burn so i told her to wash it out, even though she didnt want to. so she washes it out and gives me a rollerset. 2-3 days later i wash my hair cause she put her own leave in that made my hair hard even though i brought all my own stuff. so after this i notice i have loose waves in parts of my hair. which i was surpirsed because i could have swore it would have been straight cause of the time she left it. well this didnt bother me cause it was only some parts. well after putting my hair in a high pony tail i saw loose curls at the roots at the bottom of my hair. how in the heck didnt this relaxer get my hair straight??? my hairdresser told me to get the gentle formula for next time so it wont burn and she can leave it in even longer. but wont that do more harm than good?? she left it in too long to begin with using normal. now i'm trying to decide whether i should use the extra strength or just get the gentle and let her leave it in longer. now i have a whole bunch of their liter sized neutralizing shampoo left, so i dont wanna spend money on a new relaxer. btw why is it that they only make the liter size available??

can anyone give me advice or used the extra strength formula??

ok, thats it.

just my personal opinion (I've been placed in similiar situations)

If you like the loose waves and curls the relaxer produces then I dont think you should switch or increase the time. If you want bone straight hair, then maybe the extra strength is your best bet, but not for more than 20-25mins!!! Even though elucence is gentle, having a chemical in my hair that long (more than 25mins) would make me very uncomfortable.

Elucence just seems to be too gentle maybe you should consider switching relaxers to a store bought brand like Vitale, which completely straightens the hair in 15-20 mins. or even Revlon realistic mild.

Also, your neutralizing shampoo wont go to waste, you can use it to neutralize any relaxer, since its the same lye chemical. I also use neutralizing shamp to clarify my hair every now and then. HTH

[ QUOTE ]
beana3 said:
just my personal opinion (I've been placed in similiar situations)

If you like the loose waves and curls the relaxer produces then I dont think you should switch or increase the time. If you want bone straight hair, then maybe the extra strength is your best bet, but not for more than 20-25mins!!! Even though elucence is gentle, having a chemical in my hair that long (more than 25mins) would make me very uncomfortable.

Elucence just seems to be too gentle maybe you should consider switching relaxers to a store bought brand like Vitale, which completely straightens the hair in 15-20 mins. or even Revlon realistic mild.

Also, your neutralizing shampoo wont go to waste, you can use it to neutralize any relaxer, since its the same lye chemical. I also use neutralizing shamp to clarify my hair every now and then. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for replying beana

i dont want bone straight hair but i was just amazed at the amount of waves and loooose curls i had left. but i would like it to be a little straighter if that's possible.

[ QUOTE ]
beana3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Beana3! Do you think that Elucence makes the mildest relaxer?? I'm looking for a really really mild one and I was thinking that Elucence might be it.. I'm in the process of deciding to go natural or to texturize.. so in case I decide to texturize I wanted the mildest relaxer you can get...

Thanks for any help you can offer!
cool.gif

hi rushgirl, I never actually used elucence relaxer, but based on the reviews on the board it seems very gentle. I have used both vitale and revlon, and i can say that they are both very strong, any more than 15 mins and you hair will be straight!

The mildest relaxer i ahve ever used was motions oil mild, try doing a search to find out what relaxers people use to texturize their hair. From memory, Elasta QP regular left on no more than 10mins, and revlon realistic mild, smae timing are used by some ladies here. HTH

Thanks.. I'm thinking maybe I should try the Elucence..I always used a regular strength.. basically by the time I'm done putting the relaxer on my hair..it's time to wash it out.. my hair relaxes really easily.. from coming to this board, I found out that I should be using a mild strength.. and then my mother tells me last week that she always used a mild on me before and she would relax my hair like every 3-4 months.. had I known, I would have always been using a mild one.. If I do decide to relax, I'll try the Elucence first I think..unless I try one of those ones that are for little kids...

Thanks for the help girl!!!

after thinking about this some more i think elucence is the problem. before using lye i've always used kids no lye relaxers in the mild formula and it always got my hair straight. also last year i tried my first lye relaxer motions kids mild and that straightened my hair real well too. soooooooo i think it's the elucence! now i want to try affirm, but cant find anywhere to get it. why me??

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
It could be the Elucence! Funny how things work so differently on people isn't it?!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, too bad i went through hurdles trying to get it. but i dont recall anyone who used this relaxer saying it got their hair really straight. they all said it left waves.

Really? I didn't realize that everyone was getting waves from it.. That must be the one for me then..:) all of the relaxers I have every used got my hair bone straight..but, I was using a strength that was too high.. I will definitely get the Elucence if I decide to relax(texturize) my hair.. Do you think their Gentle Lye one is milder than that Sensitive one they have that's no-lye? Or are they prolly about the same? I'll prolly try the lye though..

I used Elucence like 2 years ago. I used the regular formula and needless to say it was the beiginning of my underprocessed nightmare. It didn't even feel llike a chemical was being applied. It literally felt like a conditioner. I only left it on for 20 mins and I mean my scalp didn't even tingle a little. It definitely gets the award for being the mildest relaxer.

I've since used Revlon lye (too strong for me), Affirm regular and Affirm Fibreguard ( I love this one).

Thanks for that info Armyqt! That statement helped me to make up my mind for sure.. Elucence Gentle(Mild)lye for sure fer sure!! lol

I just ordered the Elucence Extra Strength relaxer. I spoke with Conchita and when I described my hair type she said using a mild or normal would be just like putting a conditioner in my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
digital can you please let us know how it turns out after you've relaxed???

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure will
smile.gif
She's mailing out Monday so hopefully I will have it by next weekend and have my stylist apply it for me.

Ccan they be ordered by anyone still? I thought only professionals can buy their relaxers now? Where are you all buying it from?

Back