Paging Elucence Relaxer users

Tonya

Hello all.
A few moths ago I purchased the Elucence le relaxer in Gentle and it was like a conditioner on my hair. After using this relaxer my hair was not starighter at all. Has anyone used this particulat formula and gotten good results? How do u knwo when u need a Super relaxer. I have fine hair but no matter how much I relax my hair it always comes out wavy????

BRIESMOM

Hi Tonya, I use the normal strength relaxer from elucence and it makes my hair wavy.( which I like, oppose to bone straight)My hair is course and a super strength would have probably caused my hair to have the bone straight look. So if you used the regular strength it might give you the look you desire. Hope the info helped. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

simone103

A few months ago I used the elucence lye relaxer in regular strength. It didn't get my hair super straight but it made it very soft. I also liked the fact that it didn't irritate my scalp at all. I just ordered the relaxer in extra strength and plan to use it later on this week. I have 4b hair which is very coarse to begin with, so usually but not always, I have use a regular or super relaxer.

Tonya

Well my hair is not coarse at all but it is very resistant to relaxers non the less. I am gonna inquire with my stylist about this.

pebbles

Hi Tonya,

Just curious, what strength do you usually use in relaxers? Was that your first time using Elucence? I want to try the Elucence relaxer in 2 weeks time and I really want to know what strength I should get. I always like to use the mild strength. One more thing, is the gentle Elucence a no-lye formula? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tonya

I regularly use regular strength relaxers. Yes that was my first time using it. I had the gentle lye formula. it did nothing fro me at all. But then again the Motions Oil in Mild did nothing for me either. So it could just be my hair.

Azalia

I used the Elucence Sensitive Scalp Relaxer and it made my hair <font color="red"> </font> BONE STRAIGHT /images/graemlins/ooo.gif. I love how soft my hair is and it turned my hair into silk but it was just too straight. I spoke with Lisa and she told me to try the Soy relaxer and I'm going to try that next. I let my hair dry and it did thicken back up some which she told me it would over time. My hair is not thin but not real coarse either. But overall I love the relaxer, thumbs up /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

LondonDiva

I'm VERY tempted to order from Elucence again as I am now TOTALLY in love with the conditioner.

So basically ladies my hair is very resistant and coarse, so if I was to order their lye relaxer it's better I order the highest strength one?

BTW Tonya some people who use Motions and find it does nothing for them try Affirm and prefer it.

vevster

Everything in mild works on my hair, so I think I am safe w/ the normal strength. It seems as if the mild texturizes and is milder than typical milds like affirm and mizani...

Miosy

I used Elucence Lye Regular for about 10-13 minutes and I have a lot of natural curls/wave on my hair but it's soft. I think with the regular lye formula you could achieve straigher but you have to have someone who knows how to smooth the relaxer correctly.

Motions w/ oil mild sucks. I used it about 3x and my hair always reverted.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yes--I got the Deep Brilliance relaxer which was like conditioner on my hair and I'm thinking about going back to Affirm because looking at my hair now--the DB didn't get it as straight as I would've liked.

offthechainliz

I love the elucence relaxer. I used the lye regular and it also left soft little waves in my hair.
It's almost like a relaxer/light texturizer. I now realize that one of the reasons why my hair would break off so easily is because it had no elasticity. I also think that while I was getting bone straight relaxers, they broke to many bonds and this is what caused my hair to be so stiff.

the difference I noticed with lye relazers is that they usually leave your hair thicker, while no-lye gives you that sick hair suck to scalp thin look. at least for me.