EMERGENCY!!!!! Please Help

Sammy214

Hi Ladies....I have been experiencing hair breakage the past few day's and it is more than normal:perplexed I went to the BSS store today and got a bottle of Aphogee 2 Step, so now here is where I need help.

I researched on the board and it says to use a heavy duty conditioner after the treatment. Belowis a list of what conditioners I currently have in my stash... can someone please tell me which would be the best to use... I don't want to lose anymore hair than I have already so I am begging for some help... I know everyone is busy with their own hair issues... but any advice would be most appreciated, I feel a mental breakdown coming on.... :sad:

NTM Mask
Salerm Wheat Germ Maks
Mizani Moisturefuse
Silicon Mix

msa

I have no clue which conditioner would be best to use after the 2-step, try doing a search and see what people have used in the past. I just wanted to ask are you sure the breakage is due to lack of protein? Because it can also be caused by too much protein and doing the 2-step would only make it worse.

Kacie

From your list I would choose the Mizani because I assume it has no protein and is only a moisture conditioner. I like to do a quick wash with CON green after rinsing the 2 step out, then apply my go to moisture conditioner. I keep on the moisture con as long as possible, sometimes overnight.

Sammy214

Hi MSA,
I acutally do not use alot of protein. I do the 2 minute treatment once every other week and I use the Keratin and green tea spray usually prior to flat wrapping when I am going to flat iron my hair, which is about once a month. I just had a relaxer about 2 weeks ago, so I don't know if this is what is causing the breakage. I stretched for about 15 weeks this time which is the longest. I wonder if my hair is just weak from waiting so long.

Sammy214

From your list I would choose the Mizani because I assume it has no protein and is only a moisture conditioner. I like to do a quick wash with CON green after rinsing the 2 step out, then apply my go to moisture conditioner. I keep on the moisture con as long as possible, sometimes overnight.

so should I not sit under the dryer after the treatment and just sleep in it til morning?

Kacie

so should I not sit under the dryer after the treatment and just sleep in it til morning?

Follow your regular routine for providing extreme moisture to your hair. When I need that extra dose, I usually sleep with the moisturizing conditioner on overnight or exercise with the conditioner on for the steaming effect.

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't like the results of sitting under a dryer with conditioner.

ETA: I just read that you relaxed 2 weeks ago. Maybe next time you can do the 2 step a week before touchup. I'm a fine haired lady and this works for me.

Sammy214

Follow your regular routine for providing extreme moisture to your hair. When I need that extra dose, I usually sleep with the moisturizing conditioner on overnight or exercise with the conditioner on for the steaming effect.

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't like the results of sitting under a dryer with conditioner.

will do... thank you so much for your reply.... here goes nothing :ohwell:

msa

Hi MSA,
I acutally do not use alot of protein. I do the 2 minute treatment once every other week and I use the Keratin and green tea spray usually prior to flat wrapping when I am going to flat iron my hair, which is about once a month. I just had a relaxer about 2 weeks ago, so I don't know if this is what is causing the breakage. I stretched for about 15 weeks this time which is the longest. I wonder if my hair is just weak from waiting so long.

It depends on where the breakage is coming from.

If the breakage is long strands (without bulbs) then it may be that your hair at the line of demarcation was weak.

If the breakage is short pieces (the ends) then that wouldn't have been affected by your relaxer unless you pulled it through to the ends or the runoff got on them. In that case the breakage is from overprocessing and protein is probably a good idea.

You said you've started noticing the breakage in the last few days. Did you change your hairstyle? comb more? add any new products to your regimen? wear your hair down more? sleep without anything covering your hair? do a really strong moisturizing dc?

Sammy214

It depends on where the breakage is coming from.

If the breakage is long strands (without bulbs) then it may be that your hair at the line of demarcation was weak.

If the breakage is short pieces (the ends) then that wouldn't have been affected by your relaxer unless you pulled it through to the ends or the runoff got on them. In that case the breakage is from overprocessing and protein is probably a good idea.

You said you've started noticing the breakage in the last few days. Did you change your hairstyle? comb more? add any new products to your regimen? wear your hair down more? sleep without anything covering your hair? do a really strong moisturizing dc?

mostly the bolded... but I had noticed some short pieces as well... I am sitting now with helmet head... this stuff dries really hard! I am on to condition now... wish me luck. I will let you know if this stopped the breakage. Thanxs for the support. Out of all the faces on this board I can't believe no one but 2 ladies even bothered to try and help me out of my crisis!:nono: I guess I have not gotten to that level of popularity yet.:ohwell:

gissellr78

Hi Ladies....I have been experiencing hair breakage the past few day's and it is more than normal:perplexed I went to the BSS store today and got a bottle of Aphogee 2 Step, so now here is where I need help.

I researched on the board and it says to use a heavy duty conditioner after the treatment. Belowis a list of what conditioners I currently have in my stash... can someone please tell me which would be the best to use... I don't want to lose anymore hair than I have already so I am begging for some help... I know everyone is busy with their own hair issues... but any advice would be most appreciated, I feel a mental breakdown coming on.... :sad:

NTM Mask
Salerm Wheat Germ Maks
Mizani Moisturefuse
Silicon Mix

You have to use Aphogee balancing conditioner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is a must...

I would use silicone mix and NTM mask together after for like an hour

Sammy214

You have to use Aphogee balancing conditioner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is a must...

I would use silicone mix and NTM mask together after for like an hour

I have the balancing conditioner in my hair as I type... Should I leave it on for longer than the 2 minutes recommended or longer? and also when I mix the silicone mix and NTM do I use for for 1 hour with heat or without? Thanks in advance for your help with this..... it's my first time trying this treatment and I am petrified as to how well I do it.

msa

I have the balancing conditioner in my hair as I type... Should I leave it on for longer than the 2 minutes recommended or longer? and also when I mix the silicone mix and NTM do I use for for 1 hour with heat or without? Thanks in advance for your help with this..... it's my first time trying this treatment and I am petrified as to how well I do it.

With stuff like this, I'd follow the aphogee instructions to the letter. But that's just me.

As far as the NTM and silicon mix, I don't know. I used to love NTM back in the day but I only used it as a rinse out conditioner.