End of the Year Shoutout goes too.....

MonaLisa

*taps mic*

Shout out to my hair mentors: Mochamadness and Babygurl :kiss: ....

Sylver for the Sylver Method (lo-mani and braidouts) which got me through most of the year and I retained length wearing my hair out....:yep:

Kinikakes...for making me realize that using products that were working for the thick haired chicks weren't working for me....

and to my hair cousins and apl chasin peeps out there for the support.. now were chasin bsl and more chicas...

Sareca... lo mani, oil rinses, SAA....gotta love it....
Gym and Brownie...ya pj pushers ...lub y'all...
Priestess, Tee, Honeydew, Nicki6 and TSmith...holla...

and I sing to Vixxxen, Q, my former hairboard fiancee' :rolleyes: formerly known as Dee, Paperdoll..."Thank You for Being a Friend..."

and to all my profile hair buddies :grin:... Happy Healthy Holidays and Hair Growin!!...

One...

:grin:

HERicane10

Sereca for oil rinses
Candy_C and Hericane for turning me on to Ayurveda

Ima just throw this one in:
Nice & Wavy for that BEAUTIFUL pic of her natural curly hair in the white shirt. The pic doesn't even look real. She could promote somebody's product with it!!! It's heavenly. :yep: Wish she'd bring it back...afterall anybody could get a blowout at their friendly Dominican salon....:look:

Look at you Mocha! Calling me all out and stuff! :rolleyes: Thanks for the shout out! I hope Ayurveda helps to give you the longest, strongest hair you could dream of! :grin:

PaperDoll

~the original~
shout out to MonaLisa for hooking me up with the dominican spot while i was in NY and for tricking me into the hair board tonight (YOU ARE NOT SLICK! you realize that now i'm not coming back over here until january right!?! :lachen:)

and

shout out to Cherokee for constantly trying to convince me to leave the creamy crack alone -- see you, your man AND his woman tomorrow!! :drunk::spinning::look::lachen:

MonaLisa

shout out to MonaLisa for hooking me up with the dominican spot while i was in NY and for tricking me into the hair board tonight (YOU ARE NOT SLICK! you realize that now i'm not coming back over here until january right!?! :lachen:)

:sekret:

:lol:

January is only like 3 weeks away....let it go.....:rolleyes:

Lub you! :hug2:

gymfreak336

I lurve you too MonaLisa

Shout outs to all of my Fine Hair sista's...you know we have a special set of problems but we can do it :yay:

Shout out to Brownie, Leslie C, HoneyDew, Senerity Peace

Shout out to BmoreFly....loving your natural curls
Shout out to Artemis for being there for me in PM land
Shout out to Scorpian- your bob is awesome...you make me want to cut my hair for real

Shout out to every one that transitioned this year, I know that wasn't easy, yall are braver than me

Amarech

Artemis_e

For getting me hooked on Joico!!!:grin: And also for just being cool peeps!!

Myself

For finally seeing the error of my ways. I have been following my regimen faithfully which is something I always had difficulty doing. I refuse to set any specific length goals (for a year--till Nov. 2008) but I believe i will see significant growth and thickness.

ClassicChic

and

shout out to Cherokee for constantly trying to convince me to leave the creamy crack alone -- see you, your man AND his woman tomorrow!! :drunk::spinning::look::lachen:

Com'n over to the 'natural' way of life. Leave that euro-beauty creamy crack alone! (Just kidding):grin:

Yeah I watching my man on the 'telly right now. He looks so good. I just wanna lick his ear :look:. Umm, do you have my back tomorrow? I might need you just in case ole girl gets mad.:lachen:

ETA: It looks like he may need a hug (and some lov'in tomorrow:lachen:)

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Sereca for oil rinses
Candy_C and Hericane for turning me on to Ayurveda

Ima just throw this one in:
Nice & Wavy for that BEAUTIFUL pic of her natural curly hair in the white shirt. The pic doesn't even look real. She could promote somebody's product with it!!! It's heavenly. :yep: Wish she'd bring it back...afterall anybody could get a blowout at their friendly Dominican salon....:look:

Oh, no you didn't????? LOL!

What picture with the white shirt? Girl, you have got to remind me...you know I'm gettin old...:lachen:

And, not e'rbody Dom Salon is the same and friendly, only mine!

Ummm....wassup with the "one" boot thang? That pic is hilarious to me, you know that right????:lachen::lachen::lachen:

ClassicChic

Shout out Paperdoll,

For inspiring me to grow my hair longer so that I can wear a bun. You look so pretty with your bun! But you know I would never really wear a bun - the forehead is too big. I am not in denial like Tyra.

Therefore I will live vicariously through you.:grin:

PaperDoll

~the original~
Com'n over to the 'natural' way of life. Leave that euro-beauty creamy crack alone! (Just kidding):grin:

Yeah I watching my man on the 'telly right now. He looks so good. I just wanna lick his ear :look:. Umm, do you have my back tomorrow? I might need you just in case ole girl gets mad.:lachen:

ETA: It looks like he may need a hug (and some lov'in tomorrow:lachen:)

ANIMALISTICS!

lick his ear? oh.my.god. i can't WAIT until tomorrow:lachen:
(thanks for the bun compliment! i'm back to old faithful after my bday, bunned up for like a year :ohwell:)

MonaLisa

Shout out Paperdoll,

For inspiring me to grow my hair longer so that I can wear a bun. You look so pretty with your bun! But you know I would never really wear a bun - the forehead is too big. I am not in denial like Tyra.

Therefore I will live vicariously through you.:grin:

Oh.....Snap.....

:ohsnap:

Nice & Wavy

What picture with the white shirt? Girl, you have got to remind me...you know I'm gettin old...:lachen:

Ummm....wassup with the "one" boot thang? That pic is hilarious to me, you know that right????:lachen::lachen::lachen:

ETA: Ok, I think its this one in my siggy right?

PaperDoll

~the original~
Oh.....Snap.....

:ohsnap:

i know right?! how she gonna say tyra's in denial!? she's as bad as you & ole girl*, getting people right together...but in a ~nice~ way :drunk:

* can i say ashee on here? will they ban me? :look: i know she's probably still got some haters on here...is saying ashee like saying candy man or bloody mary? *says ashee three times real quick & flees from post*

pazyamor

Shout out to every single one of you ladies, for defying a stereotype that has plagued the women of African descent for over 300 years. Also to all the women who answer my endless questions and always suggest the what's best for my hair, and for always being honest with me. Finally, I have to name a few people specfically:

GymFreak336 (Your honesty has helped my hair tenfold)
Sareca (Oil rinses have saved my lfie)
SistaSlick (I read all your articles and listen when you type)
Queeny20 (Amazing hair)
Macherieamour (her tutorials have made me independant)

That's it...keep it real, long, and strong ladies.

MonaLisa

* can i say ashee on here? will they ban me? :look: i know she's probably still got some haters on here...is saying ashee like saying candy man or bloody mary? *says ashee three times real quick & flees from post*

I want you to seek help....but know that I still care about you...

DarkAngell

Shout out to Whipeffect!!! My big sister in the adopt a newbie challenge!! You helped me alot and got me off to a good start. My hair is thriving since the advice you've given!!! Thanks chica!

Shout out to ALLLLL the naturals and transitioners who have helped me thus far with my transition (directly or even just by posting fotkis ) 10 months so far....8 months to go!!

& thanks to EVERYONE for the laughs!!!

Hidden_Angel

:nono:TRILLFIN HEFFERS.....*mummbles*..... aint got no shout out...

lol :lachen:

Big shoutot... TO MYSELF..yes thats right:rolleyes:me Hidden_angel...

imstush

Sareca - She's got me to put down the brush! I had no problem not touching a comb but that brush was (and still can be) the hardest thing. But I can proudly say I use a brush a max of 3 times a week!

Candy C - Her Avo'coco is amazing...and she got me to consistently use my Indian hair products.

Ms. Jadu - I am back to living and using natural products.

ETA: Southern Tease - your blog is amazing! I've been sending it around to friends. You have amazing advice, not just in terms of hair, but health too. (trying to find that blackstrap molasses)

Blessings to you all!

Last edited:

PatTodd

Hey twin....you made me smile.....see :grin:!!!

Thank you, and girl....I had to talk myself too into staying natural....:spinning:

I know...I'm still talking myself into it...it's still December and I am already thinking "What if I texturize in June!" :spinning:

MrsQueeny

Shout out to every single one of you ladies, for defying a stereotype that has plagued the women of African descent for over 300 years. Also to all the women who answer my endless questions and always suggest the what's best for my hair, and for always being honest with me. Finally, I have to name a few people specfically:

GymFreak336 (Your honesty has helped my hair tenfold)
Sareca (Oil rinses have saved my lfie)
SistaSlick (I read all your articles and listen when you type)
Queeny20 (Amazing hair)
Macherieamour (her tutorials have made me independant)

That's it...keep it real, long, and strong ladies.
Aw thank you :kiss: Q

remnant

Thank you all for gathering here today...

I'd like to first give thanks to the mighty powers of conditioners and moisturizers.. they have been a blessing to my new journey.

Also I'd like to say thank you to my big sis SOUN she has been very helpful to me.

Last, but not least, I also would like to say thank you to AFFINITY she definitely has a fotki for me to stalk.

Space is limited, so I will conclude, by saying to all of the beautiful heads on LHCF, you have been an inspiration to me, and you have definitely set the pace for all of us newbies to follow..

Goodnite, and God bless........

Awww thank you Harri:kiss:
and, Yes Affinityis definitely a natural hair inspiration, her fotki is in my favorits list:yep:

Spongie Bloom

foe me it has to be sylver 2 that girl has turned me into a fotki stalker :lachen: that is my ultimate goal for my hair to be that long and thick

for my current hair goal is keisha8185 there is this picture which just makes me salivate :grin: and if my hair gets to be like that i will run down the high street naked lol

thank you girls for being such an inspiration to me and giving me the motivation to get rid of these braids and start loving my hair

Mocha5

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Errr..leave my boot alone. I lubs it...just as much as I do that pic of you! :yep:

MizAvalon

My end of the year shoutouts go to 3 ladies.

*Cichelle*-Because of her I now CW and it's the best thing I could have ever done for my hair.

*Macherieamour*-Because of her I got a Pibbs dryer and now rollerset my own hair.

*LondonDiva*-Because of her tutuorial I am now a self relaxer.

How about none of these ridiculous stylists will ever be seeing me again?!:grin: