End of Year Update

princessdi

Well, I just relaxed and have decided not to flat iron this year, so this is my end of the year progress picture. I am claiming WL (I was hoping for FULL WL but by looking at the hair chart; I don't think I'm there--grazing but not there yet):grin:

Although I encountered some volume loss due to heavy shedding (September through November), I am still very happy with my progres this year.

Since I'm at the length that I want, next year's goal is to concentrate on keeping my hair healthy and also to try to gain back the volume/density of my hair.

I hope everyone has met, if not exceeded their goals, for 2011.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!!

Princessdi

Attachments

• Dec11 hair pics..jpg
    Dec11 hair pics..jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:

vestaluv1

Congrats on reaching your goal! :yay: However, judging from your avatar, I would say you were more HL than WL!!

princessdi

Thanks ladies! I will try to add more pictures as the holiday season progresses. I may even flat iron.:lol:

However, I'm confused on this hair length thing. After looking at the hair chart, I am beginning to wonder if I'm full WL, so I changed my original posting.

Am I WL or Full WL? Pease enlighten me.

Thanks ladies!

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
you look like you are tailbone to me.....but def full WL.

i'm sure other ladies will chime in......but if i was you i'd claim it.

so are you gonna post your regi and your relaxer schedule? how you gonna post one pic? :(

Legally Natural

You are definitely full WL.

I am editing the post to say that you are definitely full waist length because you are way past waist length.

Last edited:

AmyRose92

The longest layer is way past your waist. More towards HL, but probably not full HL. However, you are definitely full WL. Congrats! :D

Aireen

You're way past WL, you're HL! I don't really know what you're talking about with grazing WL and all that. Maybe if you give more pictures but I'm so confused right now. Anyway congratulations!

bebezazueta

princessdi WOW! I remember your thread about your huge setback. Stylist relaxed root to tip and chopped your hair off! You have recovered remarkably in less than a year! CONGRATS! And please share your RECOVERY REGGIE!

princessdi

Thanks ladies. I'll post more pictures soon. My regime for 2011 was to relax every four months, wash and DC every week. I try to henna every month and incorporate protein when needed. My staple products are Aveda DR Reconstructing Treatment; CON shampoo (green/white bottle). Although I'm down to my last bottle. I'll have to find another good detangling shampoo for this year (any suggestions?); my deep conditioner is Nexxus Humtress, mixed with Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus mixed with jojoba oil, castor oil, grapseed oil, avocado oil, wheat germ and almond oil (just a little of each).

This regime seems to have worked and I'm pretty much keeping it for 2012; however, because of encountering problems with tangles and fairy knots, I will be relaxing every 3 months and I have also incorporated black tea rinses to help with shedding and always do a final rinse of ACV.

As I mentioned, I'm going to work on thickening my hair or adding more volume/density. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Last edited:

Raine054

You are hip length and a bit past it actually.

You better move on over to the TL and Cracking thread. :giggle: