Year End - Retained no length - breakage

leona2025

So this is my year end pics. I sadly have retained no length and have cut almost an inch for every inch I've grown. I'm determined to make wl this year and I'm not trimming anymore until I get 2 inches past my goal length. My ends look thin:ohwell:

I'm having breakage too. I thought it would be the part of the hair that I double bleached, but it's strangely the the part of the hair that I only put a black rinse on. No bleach touched this part of my hair. I'm doing protein conditioners to get this right and moisture dc afterwards. Can I make Wl this year?

exubah

I'm sorry to hear about this set back and believe you me I know about set backs....I'm sure with some TLC your ends will fill in and you will be beyond WL in no time. What do you think may have contributed to your lack of retention? How have you been wearing your hair for the most part this year?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Gorgeous hair...sorry about not retaining much from this year. Hope to see 2011 turn out better for you.

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I know what it feels like to suffer a setback, but to me, your hair look healthy and long. Hope you reach your goal in 2011 :yep:.

BlaqBella

I hope you bounce back from the breakage. Your hair is still very pretty and looks nice and healthy.

sj73

Sorry about your setback. Your hair looks beautiful. Keep babying those ends and try more pinups in 2011.

leona2025

Cutting is why I didn't retain. I got to with in 1 inch of Wl 2 times this year and each time i trimmed back to mbl because i didn't like my ends.

PPGbubbles

Hey Hun! I will be the first to say if I were going to stuck at a particular length yours would be the one I choose :)

I saw one post a while back where you said you received splits due to flat ironing. Will you be cutting back on heat use this year? I think you will see some great retention if you do wet sets and styles that alow you to air dry like bantu knots, braid outs, and flat twist outs

I got a little flat iron happy after growing a coulple inches at the end of this year. I simply suggest paying lots of attention to your ends. I am sure will see your hair flourish in no time.

Janet'

First...I definitely think that you can make WL in 2011!!! Don't worry about that!!!

Your hair is lovely, but I know how disappointing it must be to not reach a goal...You know what caused the setback and you have a plan of attack, so I know for a fact that 2011 is your year :yep: :yep:

make_me_over

I love your hair! 2011 is a new year and another chance to reach our goals. So leave 2010 behind you and I look forward to seeing your thread on how you made WL!

leona2025

Hey Hun! I will be the first to say if I were going to stuck at a particular length yours would be the one I choose :)

I saw one post a while back where you said you received splits due to flat ironing. Will you be cutting back on heat use this year? I think you will see some great retention if you do wet sets and styles that alow you to air dry like bantu knots, braid outs, and flat twist outs

I got a little flat iron happy after growing a coulple inches at the end of this year. I simply suggest paying lots of attention to your ends. I am sure will see your hair flourish in no time.

My damage was all flatiron related. :nono: I have yet to find a heat protectant that protects my ends and I really seen a increase in splits when I tried Dream Hair Keratin even though I didn't flat iron at the recommended high temperature. I am going to do more wet sets because flat ironing once a week doesn't work for me. Maybe some blow drying. I use to be wicked with a blow dryer and had no split ends. I see it as indirect heat.

I'm going to find another brand of bkt and use it on the roots and maybe stop relaxing. I want to thicken up my hair also. My mom use to texlax my hair and it was so thick and full and I look forward to that again. Since I'm not working I'm gong to start cowashing and wet bunning.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
aw, don't fret. just get back up on that horse. your hair looks pretty good-i like the streak you have.
btw, since you're relaxed, you should try rollersetting for straight hair instead of flatironing. if you're interested, i started a rollersetting 2011 challenge.

sunnieb

Um...:look:, can I be stuck at your length???

Your hair looks great! You'll bounce back strong and hit WL in 2011. I know how you feel. I had to cut 2 inches earlier this year and I think I'm the same length that I was back in March. :ohwell:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
My damage was all flatiron related. :nono: I have yet to find a heat protectant that protects my ends and I really seen a increase in splits when I tried Dream Hair Keratin even though I didn't flat iron at the recommended high temperature. I am going to do more wet sets because flat ironing once a week doesn't work for me. Maybe some blow drying. I use to be wicked with a blow dryer and had no split ends. I see it as indirect heat.

I'm going to find another brand of bkt and use it on the roots and maybe stop relaxing. I want to thicken up my hair also. My mom use to texlax my hair and it was so thick and full and I look forward to that again. Since I'm not working I'm gong to start cowashing and wet bunning.

:yep::yep: I think this will help you a lot. You hair is beautiful!

wheezy807

Your hair still looks beautiful to me. Sorry to hear about your setback. I think you'll make WL 2011 in no time!

BostonMaria

Your hair is very beautiful

If I remember correctly you my dear are scissor happy! No more trims for 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

so so chic

Your hair is beautiful! The good thing is that you know the cause of your problem. I'm sure that by cutting back on the flat iron usage, you'll reach your goals next year. I look forward to seeing your waist length hair updates this time next year :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ms_CoCo37

Even with the breakage your hair is gorgeous.:yep: I think with some serious TLC and diligence you can totally make WL by the end of the year. I didn't retain much this year either, and my goal is to be WL by the end of the year as well.

We can do this thing!:yep:

JJamiah

So sorry to hear of your set back.

BUT STEP AWAY from the flat iron :bighug:

Try to let your hair rest a little by Protective styling as you suggested
Be sure to keep up with your deep conditioning
don't keep cutting if not necessary

and most of all CHIN UP! you are beautiful and have a beautiful head of hair ;)

TLC1020

Awwww .. Everything will be just fine... Try to baby your ends as much as you can to keep from cutting them..Maybe you can retain length that way.. HHG

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Well you seem to know what not to do anymore so you should retain all your growth in 2011. You still got a beautiful head of hair. Just take care of those ends.