Energist girl I just have to ASK!

ellennicole

Thanks Energist. I've been dying to see your fotki.

Off topic. You look so much like some of my family members (your eyes). I had to do a double-take b/c you look like my cousins. Very pretty picture. :)

la flaca

victorious said:
"Energist has entered the building."

I kept peeking in this thread waiting for your reply.

Girl, your hair is a thread-stopper. Thanks for sharing your tips. I'm off to gaze at your album.

I'll JUST finish reading later. HAIR ALBUM HERE I COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:lol:

kandi1280

Energist said:
OMG You ladies have shouted a sistah' out :eek: WoW Thank you so much! I felt my face getting warmer and warmer from embarassment as I read this thread :lol: :Blush2: :Blush2: :Blush2:

I'm sorry that I didn't see it, and I just received a PM about the thread, so here I am and don't worry my head is still on the ground ;)

Now ok, my ends have been my biggest battle and were a bit see through about 1.5 years ago. So I had to keep on trimming and then started protective styling with Alfaparf christalli nourishing serum and Mizani rosemary H20 cream hairdress combo moisturizers (I mix the two about a dime size amount). I've noticed that the moisturization and protective styling has kept them healthier. I also focus on my ends when I wash and deep condition my hair. I put the most conditioner on the ends and leave the most on them when I rinse my hair out, so that along with the leave in protein that I put in for rollerset is all doing something for my ends (locking in the moisture and keeping those cuticles sealed)

I'm still not very good at getting my roots straight with the blow dryer, but when I attempt I put some serum on them, take a thin comb and pull the roots taut and get the thin nozzle of the blow dryer and run it back and forth really fast. It burns my scalp a little, so I'm still trying to figure out a way to do this so that I'm not hurting myself. When I've seen the stylist do it, they use the round brush, but I can't get in the back of my head the right way using the round brush, so the comb works pretty well.

I hope this has helped and I feel honored that you all think of me enough to even start a thread about me asking for a regimen. I really appreciate it, and if you want to ask me about specific products or anything feel free to ask, because I don't have any secrets :)

Lol, I have such a problem when I blow dry my hair trying to straighten my roots. So I've stopped and only straighten them when I flat iron. Never thought to use a comb.

Thanks for the secrets!

Energist

Thanks again everyone, and I forgot to mention something very important in reference to thin ends or the illusion of thin ends.

If you find that you have thin ends no matter how much tending you are doing to your hair (trims, conditioning etc...) it could be because chemical relaxers have stunted your growth somewhere on your scalp. If you've ever had experience with scalp burning or hair dressers leaving it in too long and then find that you have a scab a day or two later, this I bet is the culprit. If you also have areas on your scalp that are more tender than the rest, the area is most likely producing retarded growth.

The way to remedy this is to get the retarded growth to catch up to the rest of your growth, so what I've personally done is mix an essential oil like rosemary oil in with a carrier oil like jojoba and massage it into areas that I knew I had retarded growth in. With the penetration of the rosemary oil on my scalp it jump started my hair again, was growing in fuller at the scalp, so that when I kept trimming this new and fuller growth would catch up with the length of the old and make it more uniform. This really does work, but it takes time and patience. You have to massage this concoction into your hair atleast every other night and the smell of the rosemary can be a bit strong if you're not used to it.

Last edited:

RubyWoo

Energist said:
Thanks again everyone, and I forgot to mention something very important in reference to thin ends or the illusion of thin ends.

If you find that you have thin ends no matter how much tending you are doing to your hair (trims, conditioning etc...) it could be because chemical relaxers have stunted your growth somewhere on your scalp. If you've ever had experience with scalp burning or hair dressers leaving it in too long and then find that you have a scab a day or two later, this I bet is the culprit. If you also have areas on your scalp that are more tender than the rest, the area is most likely producing retarded growth.

The way to remedy this is to get the retarded growth to catch up to the rest of your growth, so what I've personally done is mix an essential oil like rosemary oil in with a carrier oil like jojoba and massage it into areas that I knew I had retarded growth in. With the penetration of the rosemary oil on my scalp it jump started my hair again, was growing in fuller at the scalp, so that when I kept trimming this new and fuller growth would catch up with the length of the old and make it more uniform. This really does work, but it takes time and patience. You have to massage this concoction into your hair atleast every other night and the smell of the rosemary can be a bit strong if you're not used to it.

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing this information and your regimen! Your hair is just amazing!

kandi1280

Usually my tender spots were at the top of my head, but my hair always grew there without a problem. But then again, I never considered the effect on my ends. hmmmmm.

I was thinking about doing caruso rollers and pinning the hair up as a protective style so that it can be cute while protected. My only concern was the manipulation of the hair putting it into the rollers.

Maybe doing a combination of the rosemary oil treatment and the steam rollers may keep me on a simple manipulation routine. :think:

Cien

Pink is my signature color
I love your hair!! Thanks for sharing your regime and fotki!!! :)

btw---your April 2006 versus April 2007 progress pics are amazing!!

Keep up the good work!!

kandegirl

U look great. Your hair looks thick and healthy. Great comparison shots.
Thanks for sharing your tips.

shunta

Aww Energist, you are just too sweet, and you're also very humble. I love your hair (as you already know).:) Keep up the good work!